Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Was hoping to get mine out yesterday, but that didn't work out. Went out via UPS today, though, so all is well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Just got my box from ReaperUnreal! Thanks dude! Whole lot of Canadian beer I've never heard of in here, and one I have heard of -- Dieu du Ciel's Peche Mortel, which I'm stoked to try. My box'll be going out tomorrow, and it's going all the way across the country so hopefully it won't take forever to arrive.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Pictures, folx, pictures!

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Yuuu, I've been reading through the old BIFs for some reason and I'm really pumped to hopefully get in on the next one. I would have applied for this round but I ended up missing out on most of the extreme things I would've wanted to send out. Beer generosity is the best kind.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SUPER HASSLER posted:

Pictures, folx, pictures!

Yeah, ok!

from americanzero4128

Three Floyds Moloko Milk Stout
Off Color Fierce (berliner weiss)
New Glarus Berliner Weiss
New Glarus Scream IIPA
New Glarus Oud Bruin
Dark Horse Plead The 5th
Boulevard Dark Truth Stout
Spiteful Brewing Dibs Are For Dummies (barleywine - lol, I'm impressed he found one in the drat summer)
Pipeworks Raspberry Truffle Addiction - my fiancee absolutely LOVES raspberry, so she flipped her lid when she saw this. :newlol:

Fantastic box full of stuff I can't wait to try - thanks a ton!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Podima posted:

from americanzero4128

This looks pretty suspiciously close to what I'm sending out... Chicagoons all think the same.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I think the New Glarus Berliner Weiss is my favorite out of all those beers I sent. I had a hard time finding barleywine in Chicago in the summer. Enjoy!

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago

danbanana posted:

This looks pretty suspiciously close to what I'm sending out... Chicagoons all think the same.

Indeed we do, as the box I sent includes three of the same breweries.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Indeed we do, as the box I sent includes three of the same breweries.

So we're basically doing a hybrid-gangbang thing? Instead of one box to goons in another region, we're sending the same poo poo all over.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Basically this but in beer form: :ccb:

Apache
May 11, 2004

Dropped off the package at FedEx a few minutes ago.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
my target will be getting their box on Thursday- had a minor delay as i was waiting for a trade to arrive in order to ship out

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

My package is going out today, dropped it off at FedEx a little while ago.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
my package went out today!

ExtremistCow
Oct 15, 2005

I shipped today as well.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Shipping later this afternoon. I PM'd my tracking number to my BIFee, so if you're that guy, you might want to check your messages.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
Mine should have just been delivered. Hope everything arrived safely.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
If someone has me, can you PM the shipping, FedEx is being a pain in my building recently. Thanks!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Mine just showed up, and drat. Photos are currently being uploaded from my phone, will edit this post when they come in.

Edit: Here we go! Sorry for the less than great photos, apparently my phone camera isn't what it used to be.

Thanks Tonde Mo Nai, you hit the ball out of the park with this!

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 29, 2014

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
Awesome, I'm glad they all made it safe and sound. (Maybe they didn't make the picture, but there was also a NG Scream IIPA and a second Anti-Hero, right?)

I couldn't resist sending the Straight Jacket along because it's definitely one of my favorite beers that I've had this year and it's absurd that you can still find it on shelves. For the rest, enjoy the hops!

My box from nosleep is on my doorstep. This workday can't end soon enough.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I didn't even see the Scream when I was unpacking, drat! Pulled it out just now. I had pulled out the second Anti-Hero though, and thanks again!

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
drat. These boxes are legit - making me wish I hadn't run out of space in the one I sent! Will definitely have to get a 12-bottler for the next BIF.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
Got my box unpacked, thanks nosleep! Haven't had any of these, so I'm super excited to check them out.

Edit: This box was shipped from Washington D.C. to the Chicago burbs!

Tonde Mo Nai fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 30, 2014

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Got my box unpacked, thanks nosleep! Haven't had any of these, so I'm super excited to check them out.

Cafe Royale is the poo poo.

broom
Aug 29, 2005

danbanana posted:

Cafe Royale is the poo poo.

So is Drift! Best VA brewed IPA I've had, can people post where their box was shipped to and from??

broom fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 30, 2014

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Also would be nice for people to post what the beers are.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Well, it looks like about half the boxes have been sent out with about 1/4 received! Please remember to post when you get your box. If you haven't already done so, post here asking for tracking info if you want it sent to you! My package went out today!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Edit: This box was shipped from Washington D.C. to the Chicago burbs!

haha, poo poo, someone was joking about Chicago folks all sending out the same stuff, looks like i might have to make a change or two...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Man, maybe next BIF will be regional themed where people in the same local area team up.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
I have everything purchased and ready to ship, but i'm waiting to send until Tuesday so the box won't spend the long weekend in a hot warehouse or truck.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

swickles posted:

Man, maybe next BIF will be regional themed where people in the same local area team up.

We did talk about that remember :yayclod: but stuff like... I'm the only Texas person who regularly posts, that came up.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

air- posted:

We did talk about that remember :yayclod: but stuff like... I'm the only Texas person who regularly posts, that came up.

I'm in Texas, though I mostly lurk gws

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?

mrcowcow posted:

I have everything purchased and ready to ship, but i'm waiting to send until Tuesday so the box won't spend the long weekend in a hot warehouse or truck.

I'm doing the same thing.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

air- posted:

Yeah this is the "gang bang" BIF that comes up from time to time. The problem is there's approximately 9000000000 Chicagoons and 2-3 posters in most other regions so it's hard to make the logistics work.

One option would be to make like 3 smaller Chicago groups to spread things out. Instead of 2 people having to buy $600 worth of beer to match the enormous Chi box :v:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 31, 2014

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Docjowles posted:

Yeah this is the "gang bang" BIF that comes up from time to time. The problem is there's approximately 9000000000 Chicagoons and 2-3 posters in most other regions so it's hard to make the logistics work.

One option would be to make like 3 smaller Chicago groups to spread things out. Instead of 2 people having to buy $600 worth of beer to match the enormous Chi box :v:

I'll keep doing BIFs in the future, with Texas beer, AFAIK air- is the only other TexGoon in here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Managed to leave some of my BiF's beers in Connecticut today :downs: I've already worked things out with nosleep, and my box will go out this coming Friday. Thanks again for being so understanding!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Dropped my box off at UPS during lunch!

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

Wet Tie Affair posted:

Got my box from Jerome Louis on Wednesday! It came to WI from CT.

New England Brewing - Attempted RedRum (Rum Barrel Aged Barley Wine)
New England Brewing - Gandhi-Bot DIPA
Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores - Grandis (Oak Aged Blended Old Ale)
Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores - Nepenthes (Saison)

Brouwerij Alvinne - Sigma (Dark Sour Ale)
Birra Del Borgo - Duchessic Ale (Saison/Cantillon Lambic Blend)
Birrificio Del Ducato - Beersel Mattina (Saison/Lambic Blend)
Harviestoun Brewery - Ola Dubh 1991 (Old Ale Aged in 1991 Highland Park Casks)

There were also some coasters from the Alchemist that didn't make it into the pictures. Some really interesting beers in this box, and I'm looking forward to trying them all. Thanks again Jerome Louis!

Hope you like it, I tried to get what I like best about CT distribution, namely B. United and OEC and their weird sours and NEBCO.

broom
Aug 29, 2005
Well this was a first

Was not actually my BIF box, but what the gently caress, no way was that box 36 pounds, probably was 30 though. I think its time to switch to FedEx even though it is not across the street from my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

broom posted:

Well this was a first

Was not actually my BIF box, but what the gently caress, no way was that box 36 pounds, probably was 30 though. I think its time to switch to FedEx even though it is not across the street from my house.

Wait, they really haggled over 1 inch?

• Locked thread