Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer
I'm in! Here are links to the past SA BIFs (all require archives):

First
Second
Third

I can also answer any questions about distribution in Colorado. Seek A Brew is pretty out of date as far as what we get. Lots of new stuff, plus a couple places that no longer send to us. Also, WHEEZY KISS A DUDE is still a piece of poo poo.

edit: Hey swickles, could you add a spot on the form for Untappd, Beer Advocate, etc. accounts so we have access to wants/hads? I got a beer that was out of my senders distribution area last time because I listed it on my Untappd wants list and he happened to have it. I would love to return the favor this round if I can.

mrcowcow fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Grimey Drawer

nosleep posted:

Ok, I need some BIF advice here. The guy I'm shipping to only listed sours and barrel aged beers as what he wants. Three things: 1) These are expensive beers, so if he only wants 5-6 bombers I guess that's OK. 2) I live in DC/NoVa, and we don't have really any sours that I could send, and the couple I can think of probably aren't BIF worthy. I can find some barrel aged stuff but again just expensive bombers. 3) Isn't that kind of lovely to only specify 2 styles of beer in your request?

Also, big surprise, he's in Chicago so things like Victory is out. If anyone has any advice I want to make sure I send a good box but feeling a little constrained. Should I post this in the regular beer thread?

Don't limit yourself to just sending beers in their favorite styles. I'm trying to focus on the ones my BIFee likes but I will be sending some others styles too. Personally I only listed a few of my favorite styles but would love to get beers from other styles (excluding the ones I said I didn't want). If there are local beers you love and aren't something your BIFee said they didn't want then send them.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have everything purchased and ready to ship, but i'm waiting to send until Tuesday so the box won't spend the long weekend in a hot warehouse or truck.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got a kick rear end box from Viking_Helmet today:

Freemont Saison, Pike Kilt Lifter, Reuben's Brews Imperial Oatmeal Stout, Scuttlebutt Old No. 1 Barleywine (2008 vintage!), Schooner Exact King Street Brown, Double Mountain Molton Lava IIPA, Reuben's Brews glass

Sound Brewery Humulo Nimbus DIPA, Reuben's Brews Black Imperial IPA, Caldera Old Growth Imperial Stout, Old Schoolhouse Imperial Stout, Peddler Tangerine Wheat, Alameda Black Bear XX Stout, and some stickers and a coaster.

Thanks for the awesome box! I haven't heard of a lot of these breweries but all the beers sound great. I have the Double Mountain IIPA in the fridge for tonight.

• Locked thread