Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago
I too am in. Sorry about being "yet another Chicago area goon".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005

nosleep posted:

Ok, I need some BIF advice here. The guy I'm shipping to only listed sours and barrel aged beers as what he wants. Three things: 1) These are expensive beers, so if he only wants 5-6 bombers I guess that's OK. 2) I live in DC/NoVa, and we don't have really any sours that I could send, and the couple I can think of probably aren't BIF worthy. I can find some barrel aged stuff but again just expensive bombers. 3) Isn't that kind of lovely to only specify 2 styles of beer in your request?

Also, big surprise, he's in Chicago so things like Victory is out. If anyone has any advice I want to make sure I send a good box but feeling a little constrained. Should I post this in the regular beer thread?

At the risk of meddling too much in my own BIF, I think this is almost certainly me. I probably didn't specify well that those are two things I have a particular fondness for these days, but by no means does everything I receive need to be either of those. Honestly, I'm really open to anything that I can't get in the Chicago area, so feel free to surprise me! Basic Belgians/golden ales are the only styles that don't especially do anything for me, but I'll still try and enjoy them.

air- knows what's up as far as LC4, but I've got a few bottles already.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
Dropped my package at the FedEx store tonight. Hoping for Friday (or worst case Saturday?) delivery.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005

danbanana posted:

This looks pretty suspiciously close to what I'm sending out... Chicagoons all think the same.

Indeed we do, as the box I sent includes three of the same breweries.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
Awesome, I'm glad they all made it safe and sound. (Maybe they didn't make the picture, but there was also a NG Scream IIPA and a second Anti-Hero, right?)

I couldn't resist sending the Straight Jacket along because it's definitely one of my favorite beers that I've had this year and it's absurd that you can still find it on shelves. For the rest, enjoy the hops!

My box from nosleep is on my doorstep. This workday can't end soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
Got my box unpacked, thanks nosleep! Haven't had any of these, so I'm super excited to check them out.

Edit: This box was shipped from Washington D.C. to the Chicago burbs!

Tonde Mo Nai fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 30, 2014

• Locked thread