Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nonsense posted:

and my Lambo's blue.

An I'll be goddamned if my rims ain't too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

Ah, crap. That jacket's my moms clan tartan.
Ah, so you're a proud member of the Mcbastard clan along with ol' Ron?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

DoubleDonut posted:

Oh man, I never realized how Ben Carson is somehow both a surgeon and a chickenhawk. First do no harm unless it's someone else doing harm on my behalf, preferably to Muslims!

(Related, I can't wait for people to insist that Carson be referred to as "Doctor" all the time. I've seen the same thing with Ron Paul, as if being an obstretician was at all related to anything any elected official actually does. Please supply your own Bill Clinton joke here.)

When even Pope Francis says it's OK to go hog while against ISIS, I'm going to give Ben Carson a pass with aggressive language.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Obama should show up to an event dressed like this:

and never acknowledge that he's wearing it.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

BiggerBoat posted:

Where would you rank "knife"?

I mean OK. It's cool that that yours came in handy "a couple of times" and all that, when you had to cut an apple or carve a pinewood derby car, but seriously. Is "knife" before or after "claw hammer", "acetylene torch", "BB Gun" or "ice pick"? So, between the two of us, a knife came in handy exactly TWICE, if I'm doing the math correctly, and both times it was in an "Oh. How convenient" way? I don't think preventing 14 year old kids from bringing weapons to school constitutes fascism or a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

My parents would have dressed me down and threatened to kick my rear end if I decided to bring a loving knife to school. I look forward to sending my child to a school that disallows knives.

I think you may be an idiot.

I'm fine with saying kids can't bring their own knives to school (although I think it's fine for a teenager to have a pocketknife outside it for sure).

I'm not fine with people spouting idiocy about how knives have no use and can never be involved in anything remotely educational and knifes are always bad and oh so scary and blah blah blah kids should never be exposed to anything with possible danger involved ohmygolly gee.

They are tools. I've used both claw hammers and torches in school in addition to knives. They have their place and their purpose. None of what you listed is as dangerous as the table saw students were allowed to use.

Well, my school disagreed with your "tools have no educational value" stupidity, big whoop.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Obama should show up to an event dressed like this:

and never acknowledge that he's wearing it.
   /

Holy ulterior motives, Batman!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
My motives have never been ulterior. They are entirely transparent. I want Barack Obama to do a Colin Baker cosplay and refuse to acknowledge that he's doing it.

I am a creature of simple pleasures.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

MrUnderbridge posted:

Ah, crap. That jacket's my moms clan tartan.

well that stuffs all made up bullshit by English aristocracy anyway

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Barack Wonka would also be fun.

Or just gently caress with the conservatives and do a full on Joker cosplay while addressing the nation.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 252 days!

DoctorWhat posted:

My motives have never been ulterior. They are entirely transparent. I want Barack Obama to do a Colin Baker cosplay and refuse to acknowledge that he's doing it.

How about he just walk around with any of the recent Doctors, in character, and pretend that's totally normal?

If I were Obama, I'd spend my precious free time coming up with and executing elaborate performance art pranks.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctorWhat posted:

I thought it was a lawn jockey

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Bhaal posted:

Pffft. Tan suits. I have a wool comforter in my house that is the same pattern--and from the looks of it, material and thickness--as what the Gipper has on here:

ahaha we were discussing The Audacity of Taupe at work yesterday and this exact image of Reagan was emailed out to everyone. Weird to see it again.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

US Politics September - The Audacity of Taupe

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Torpor posted:

That is so American it hurts.

Anyone know if Kshama Sawant is going to run for national office? That would be fun if she got even a little rhetorical traction.

She barely got a seat on the nonpartisan city council in what is one of the most left-tolerant cities in America, and doesn't even have the kind of support needed to make Mayor. She's not going to be able to grab a US Senate seat in Washington State, and she'd even be unlikely to get a US House seat (since both Seattle districts go into neighboring towns).

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Luigi Thirty posted:

Please make it this

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Interesting, but I don't know how much it will hurt McConnell.

quote:

McConnell’s Campaign Manager Steps Down

WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell, already facing what could be the toughest election in his career, lost his campaign manager on Friday night.

The manager, Jesse Benton, issued a statement just after 6 p.m. abruptly announcing his departure and citing reports about his “role in past campaigns.” Mr. Benton was referring to his job as a senior official in former Representative Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign, which paid an Iowa state senator to switch his support from Representative Michele Bachmann to Mr. Paul right before the state’s caucus.

The state senator, Kent Sorenson, who resigned last year, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to obstruction of justice charges stemming from the bribery scandal. He acknowledged accepting $73,000 from Mr. Paul’s campaign to drop his support for Mrs. Bachmann.

Mr. Benton has not been implicated in the case, but his position in Mr. Paul’s campaign has revived questions about what he knew about the bribe, and the case put Mr. McConnell, the Senate minority leader, on the defensive during an already difficult week.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Alkydere posted:

Barack Wonka would also be fun.

Or just gently caress with the conservatives and do a full on Joker cosplay while addressing the nation.

We already have photoshops of that https://www.google.com/search?site=...JsnE&gws_rd=ssl

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ufarn posted:

Let's please forget the painful minutes where Cheney was the functioning president of the United States of God Help Us.

Yeah January 20, 2001 – January 20, 2009 really sucked a fat one.

Mad Hamish posted:

Can someone explain this whole tan suit thing? I've looked it up and I'm terribly confused as to what the issue is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuoiRr6hLjg&t=186s

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 30, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Why else do you think I want to see him doing it in real life just to make conservative heads explode?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

I was sure that this time, I'd spotted the Onion article early...

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is great.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

baw posted:

This is great.

I agree that this is great.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Well, of course King is opposed to Obama's suit. He's an IRA supporter-- he's got to fight the blacks in tan.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

It has to be this.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oh god yes please do this.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Teddybear posted:

Well, of course King is opposed to Obama's suit. He's an IRA supporter-- he's got to fight the blacks in tan.

This post is brilliant

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

This is perfect.

Teddybear posted:

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661580

• Locked thread