Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

They also don't receive proper training for the new equipment, they are just given it and expected to figure out best practices. They do not.

Also if you think a geared up riot trooper with an assault rifle projects the same image as just a normal police officer, or even one with a shield and baton, you're nuts. The perception of the police by the public is an important factor.

Even a guy holding a riot shield and baton still kinda looks defensive. I'm sure if they were advancing towards me I'd feel different, but when just standing in a line, it looks like a wall. A line of guys pointing surplus military rifles wearing camo looks like a bunch of guys ready to start shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Niton posted:

What's in Montana that would eat that many nukes? Did they just get tired of pinpointing sites and drop the last hundred or so there?

Those black blobs are there general locations of our ICBMs. Also there is a large airforce base in that region, and it used to host a lot of bombers.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Chard posted:

This gives me the heebie jeebies. Like how many steps removed from just straight up worshipping weapons and technology are some folks now?

If they start talking about worshipping the Omnissiah I'm in.

• Locked thread