Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fried Chicken posted:

when CNBC talks inflation it is nothing but poo poo

You should have kept it short.

Another strike against the unconstitutional posting of Fried Chicken. D&D goons will bring up impeaching Fried Chicken, but it's a false flag operation to send Lowtax :10bux: for a new custom title. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ufarn posted:

So the Clinton segment on last night's Colbert Report was just about the worst thing in the world.

You know what's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

AIDS. AIDS is worse than finding a worm in your apple.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

zoux posted:

It's funny that the only people I see talking about this are people who actually support Fried Chicken.

It's a fundraising op to restore the archives. :ssh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Welp.

quote:

WASHINGTON— In an effort to ensure that those on welfare are actively seeking employment, a new law enacted this week will require recipients of federal aid to periodically submit vials of sweat for measurement by government officials. “We want to make sure that our resources are allocated only to those who are deserving of assistance, which is why all welfare recipients must now prove they have exerted themselves past the point of perspiration during their job searches,” said United States Department of Labor representative Elizabeth Bronson, who added that each month, in order to collect benefit checks, welfare recipients will have to wring out their sweat into official government vials before mailing them in for analysis. “These new stipulations will guarantee that people on welfare are out there every day hitting the streets trying to find employment, working up a good sweat, and not returning home at night until beads of perspiration are dripping off of them.” According to reports, Congress is also considering a law that would require those receiving food stamps to send in recordings of their family’s stomachs growling.

http://tinyurl.com/kn2yst3

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wish. If there was a single factory where all this took place the F-35 would've been binned long ago. However contractors are smart enough now to ensure production of giant meal tickets are spread over as many states as possible, ensuring that there's ample amounts of politicians who'd be put at risk if they voted to axe that lovely program.

Defense contractors aren't that clever. It's probably the same deal with the Space Shuttle: the F-35 needs to have parts sourced from every state because it'd be unfair otherwise.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Did he share an Inception-like dream with Beck?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It turns out that an almost 15 year old album by Mos Def that I started listening to last week is completely still relevant.

http://rap.genius.com/Yasiin-bey-mr-nigga-lyrics

Song owns. gently caress rap haters.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CannonFodder posted:

John Oliver was on Howard Stern a few weeks ago, and said that the best thing about his show is that HBO doesn't care at all what he does, they just throw money at him. Oliver has true journalistic freedom and he's using it well.

It's basically The Bugle without Andy Zaltzman. Personally I find it hilarious (read: eternally depressing) that a British expat is responsible for doing infinitely more investigative journalism in the US on loving HBO than any one of the 2 dozen "news media" outlets.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

greatn posted:

They've tried to get Asians and have successfully coded them as "the good minority" to most of their base, but they've been completely unsuccessful.

Arabs/Middle Eastern people used to be one of the good ones... Until they all became terrorists on the eve of September 11th.

(the Republicans did it to themselves, apparently being alienating dickheads isn't a great way to expand your base)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Alter Ego posted:

Not necessarily. I have a group of friends who I share sports, food, and videogames with. They and their parents are frothing-at-the-mouth Tea Partiers because GUNS.

I know they see my Obama stickers on my car, and I don't think they care--because they're good people as long as you keep the topic off politics.

Alter Ego? He's cool, he's one of the good ones.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Magres posted:

Please. Pleaaassseee

Sorry, it's been decided that it's either Impeach Fried Chicken or Fried Chicken Indictment Conspiracy.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I wouldn't mind an Amergin fun zone for when I feel like taking the bait.

New LF?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Crain posted:

We've had dumb derails. This is the dumbest.

I'll see if I can top it...

I do track weekends and autocross. More specifically, I do high performance driver education lapping days and dodge around cones in parking lots.

Everyone that I mention this to: "GOING RACING THIS WEEKEND!?"

Nooooooooooo, it's a controlled environment with passing governed by the leading car and the other is... Dodging cones in a parking lot.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Zombie Samurai posted:

I'm in North Carolina visiting my folks, and after 45 minutes of TV I am already sick to death of Thom Tillis and Kay Hagan.

Wait until you see Renee Ellmers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFa8LRkGZQ

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If I'm remembering the right person, she's underwater as gently caress on a bunch of real estate and needs the wage from being a representative to actually pay her bills.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Amergin posted:

After pages of silly nuclear-attack-targets chat and then even sillier bestiality/Mr. Hands chat, I'm the one who's making GBS threads up this thread?

Really?

You're less comfortable and less welcomed than a horse penetrating a dude. :dong:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anybody have thoughts on the out of control teen 9 year old who totally turned on her wall hacks/ESP and headshotted her instructor from halfway across the map? Will the NRA endorse candidates who are pro VAC ban?

Radish posted:

I wish we had an equivalent to the libertarian thread or the booze derail thread where Amergin could post stuff from other forums and people could yell at him there instead of getting lame GOP talking points inserted into the politics thread randomly.

He would still be allowed to come in and suggest thread titles though.

That's a lot of words for "bring back lf".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The answer is clearly forcing little girls to play call of duty so they can learn about the muzzle rise of Uzis with only the risk of virtual friendly fire.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is more or less how I learned to shoot when I was growing up as well, with a single-shot bolt action Savage .22. My father was insistent that, while shooting can be an enjoyable hobby and a great deal of fun, it's nevertheless nothing to take cavalierly because if you do, someone can easily end up dead. It mystifies* me that anyone would allow someone that young to handle a submachinegun, particularly one like the Uzi which you need to have some beef behind it to keep under control.

*"mystifies" in the sense that I technically get why it happened, and yet am still confounded that anyone would be that dumb.

Between this and the Cops sound technician getting one to the dome...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this,36131/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shear Modulus posted:

What 9-year old with an Uzi story are you guys talking about? Is that this month's school shooting?

It's all over the news wires, unfortunately there's no Let Me Google News That For You, yet. (e: not being snarky, it's all over news aggregators)

Phone fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 27, 2014

• Locked thread