Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
A big fat pigeon waddled into my tea shop about half an hour ago (he is too fat to fly) and sat himself in the corner and seems perfectly happy just relaxing to the Bob Marley I have playing. I tried to shoo him but he just gave me a look as if to say 'chill Winston' and as you can see the trail of biscuit crumbs (fig & almond cantucci biscuits) leading to the door has no effect. Should i just let reggae pigeon be? He is currently enjoying no woman no cry.

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Digiwizzard posted:

u have wasted your life becoming a ghoulish parody of british ppl

True but as flattered as i am in your interest in my life this is not about me this is about reggae pigeon. I may try other flavours of biscuits, i really thought he'd go for them.

Update: he is now chilling to 'jammin', a workmate came in and said i should call the RSPB (royal society for the protection of birds) but what kind of a man would i be if i cant shoo a pigeon.

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Aug 6, 2014

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Update: I solved the pigeon situation by putting on some of my bad Swedish folk music and he pretty much wtf'd and walked out the shop. He went into an empty marquis opposite the shop and is still there. I think a previous poster is right he came into the shop to die, and now he's gone there to die instead. RIP reggae pigeon.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Thanks for asking. Theyre a band called first aid kit, a couple of pretty tasty sisters from Sweden. Check out the songs Emmy-Lou and Wolf Mother.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh my god everything you enjoy is so boring, I bet you are just the worst in bed.

On the contrary i know many new and interesting moves such as the chimney sweep, the french tickler and the jammy dodger.

plain blue jacket posted:

what the poo poo is a "tea" "shop"?

We sell loose leaf teas. On tasting today we have a mango and bergamot green tea.

Update: on the way to work today I saw reggae pigeon in a doorway. He wasn't moving.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

lonesomedwarf posted:

how do you know it was the same pigeon??

The doorway is a stones throw from the shop plus he had the same shade of grey and girth. I just hope he's jammin up in pigeon heaven.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

BUTT PIPE posted:

what the gently caress is a bergomot green tea

free vybz kartel

Bergamot is the same flower that gives earl grey its flavour. I don't really care for it myself.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

plain blue jacket posted:

I'm so glad I live in the third world so I don't have e to put up with this

Where in the third world are you from? Wales?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

all the pigeon wanted was no more pain and instead some rear end in a top hat who thinks it's lol to say 'chill winston' made this bad thread about it

Tell me something my old chum, how are you enjoying life in England, you mentioned earlier you are over here at the moment? Starting to warm to its charms?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Palpek posted:

so what's the status on the pigeon

I'll have a look when i pop on my lunch but I'm thinking still dead so it depends if the council have cleaned him away most likely.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Cucking Mama posted:

I like it alright. where I'm at is kind of sedate but beautiful

Where are you at also how is the food? Glad youre finally coming around.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

SirEvelynTremble posted:

I think you should practice your amateur taxidermy on Reggae Pigeon so you can have the stuffed winged-rat to talk to any time you want.

Or pickle him and stick him in a jar for the ghost hunters to find perhaps.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Made a tribute video, hoping it will help people come to terms with his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3SQepCfGqo

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Philthy posted:

do you also sell those little finger ham and butter sandwiches with the crust removed like Betty's?

cuz i like those

a lot

with my tea obvs

No sorry we just sell the tea to buy loose (and coffee) bettys is funny though its so over the top traditional British afternoon tea service, the tourists love it and queue around the block and as such its overpriced as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

BluPotato posted:

did the bird get let go... poor guy was just scared and trapped

If you mean let go as in from this mortal realm then yes, he did, please see tribute video and try and keep up. I'm now off to Belgium for a week to take my mind off of the tragic circumstances anyone want a waffle or some chocolates?

• Locked thread