Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

H.H posted:

Say, does it physically hurt to be this wrong?

Yes.

You're a poor dumb human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
i kind of like Madness

and Take a Bow i guess

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

ethanol posted:

You're a poor dumb human being

I'll have you know I am a man of considerable means.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I remember the first time I heard about Muse fans and I was like, "Are you kidding?"

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

H.H posted:

I'll have you know I am a man of considerable means.

can i borrow some cash

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Showbiz: lame and gay
Origin of symmetry: actually really good
Absolution: okay but too far up its own rear end
Black holes: good first half, second half boring crap minus Cydonia.
Resistance: lame and gay
2nd law: lame and gay

welp thats about it bye

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
what's a muse?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I heard one album of theirs and I don't remember it well but I think all the songs went like

We're Rebelling
We're rebelling
against who, I don't know
but we will overcum the undefined oppression
you cannot keep us down

I think you're supposed to fill in the blanks with 'suburban malaise' or 'parents and their unreasonable 1130 curfew,' but I can't be sure, can someone who listens to them more fill me in on that?

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i like absolution more than origin because it really hits that vibe of needing to become a political leader and change the world before disaster strikes

had no interest in black holes or anything after

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
i was a little disappointed when that guy said the beatles suck because I was hoping that one guy would show up within minutes to brutally insanely defend the beatles against all slights.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

lonesomedwarf posted:

can i borrow some cash

Yes. At a 10% monthly interest rate.

HD DAD posted:

Showbiz: lame and gay
Origin of symmetry: actually really good
Absolution: okay but too far up its own rear end
Black holes: good first half, second half boring crap minus Cydonia.
Resistance: lame and gay
2nd law: lame and gay

welp thats about it bye

Showbiz was aiight, otherwise this is correct.

King Zog
Apr 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7vY4ih3KPM

matthew bellamy is a looon

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

HJB posted:

it was easily their best, yes

how can you be so articulate and yet so wrong man

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
that album is the invisible war to their original deus ex

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Absolution is def. their best album and it went downhill p. fast afterward

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Is he trolling? Or legit insane?

King Zog
Apr 9, 2009
he's for real! their last albums are all based on conspiracy theories lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bad band

who cares

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

King Zog posted:

he's for real! their last albums are all based on conspiracy theories lol

Oh man. their last albums are poo poo, but I've never really listened to the lyrics...

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i just found an old issue of kerrang!

'muse is a new and exiting band', they say.

i think they said it because muse's record company paid for a lot of ads.

kerrang! sucks.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
i will admit that my love for black holes is largely based on the intro to map of the problematique

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

HJB posted:

i will admit that my love for black holes is largely based on the intro to map of the problematique

Which sounds a hell of a lot like depeche mode. Not a bad thing, it's the best song on the album,

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
my first/last muse song was the one that was the dr who theme + baby's first thoughts on the government... on weeeeed.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

HD DAD posted:

Which sounds a hell of a lot like depeche mode. Not a bad thing, it's the best song on the album,

just can't get enough

just can't get enough

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

havent listen to them in like 9 years op is probably stating something that is true voted 5

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

reagan posted:

just can't get enough

just can't get enough

Depeche Mode owns but Vince Clarke was the worst. tho their last two albums have loving sucked

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Xaris posted:

Depeche Mode owns but Vince Clarke was the worst. tho their last two albums have loving sucked

Vince Clarke only started writing non horrible lyrics with yazoo. Catchy riffs though

Last great depeche mode album was ultra.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
tbh i couldn't listen to them anymore after someone told me you always hear the singer breathing in.. always and in every song pretty much.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Backstage at a music festival, they made everyone get out of the hallways before they'd leave their room and go onstage. No one was allowed to talk to them. They are true cunts.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

HD DAD posted:

Vince Clarke only started writing non horrible lyrics with yazoo. Catchy riffs though

Last great depeche mode album was ultra.

That's definitely true. Yazoo was alright but man Speak and Spell was such a bad album. BOYS SAY GO, GET TOGETHER.

I'll also agree that their last great album was Ultra, but Exciter has some pretty drat good songs to it (i.e. Shine). PTA just sucked but Precious was ok. Sounds of the Universe was irredemable garbage

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Xaris posted:

That's definitely true. Yazoo was alright but man Speak and Spell was such a bad album. BOYS SAY GO, GET TOGETHER.

I'll also agree that their last great album was Ultra, but Exciter has some pretty drat good songs to it (i.e. Shine). PTA just sucked but Precious was ok. Sounds of the Universe was irredemable garbage

It just seems like Martin Gore is determined to make the ultimate electro-blues record, except he's been trying it for the last four albums. If I hear another standard 12 bar blues riff from him again, or insert the word "soul" into a song, I'm going to take an X-Acto knife to the vinyl.

Yadda yadda bring back Alan Wilder.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
oh gently caress, I forgot about Delta Machine. What a loving boring "blues soul" album. I honestly thought Delta Machine was probably going to be their last album, but I suspect if it's not, they have one more crappy album until they call it quits like every other 80s band (rip REM, New Order). too bad they ended on a pretty crummy note instead of with Exciter

At least Pet Shop Boys is still doing ok and their latest album was actually pretty decent.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Xaris posted:

oh gently caress, I forgot about Delta Machine. What a loving boring "blues soul" album. I honestly thought Delta Machine was probably going to be their last album, but I suspect if it's not, they have one more crappy album until they call it quits like every other 80s band (rip REM, New Order). too bad they ended on a pretty crummy note instead of with Exciter

At least Pet Shop Boys is still doing ok and their latest album was actually pretty decent.

Hell to the yes about PSB and Electric; they're back in the studio with Stuart Price in November, rumor has it.

New Order have been playing new songs lately, but they're taking their patented sweet loving time recording them. Gillian's back, so as long as it's 3/4 of the original band, I still count it as kosher.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
"these days"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Knights of Cydonia was fun to play on Guitar Hero whatever one it was on

In other news, that video remains awesome.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How many times do you think he's watched v for vendetta

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
these days?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

if i wanted to watch people running i would watch this because its weird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Legitimately did not know muse was still a band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I am an advocate of destroying the entire works of Muse

but that new album trailer thing is actually quite a change in sound and direction for them and is kinda bold. It could be good?

• Locked thread