Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Their ending in the manga is...not so happy (I haven't seen the anime and am assuming you're not being sarcastic and they actually gave them a good ending in it).

They live and are part of the effort to provide relief to the populace after the Revolutionary Army takes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

These three appearing at the end made my heart warm; kinda glad the show skipped their little manga side-chapter.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm gonna shoot from the hip here. Zvezda meets Berserk sounds like an anime where the kids aren't just naked, they're also loving.

What does this even mean?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mythicknight posted:

These three appearing at the end made my heart warm; kinda glad the show skipped their little manga side-chapter.

I did not read their side chapter. I am guessing they died somehow.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I did not read their side chapter. I am guessing they died somehow.

I thought it happened in a main chapter. When they visit Bols' grave, the mom gets raped and murdered by the pirate, the child the same by the pedo clown.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Genocyber posted:

I thought it happened in a main chapter. When they visit Bols' grave, the mom gets raped and murdered by the pirate, the child the same by the pedo clown.

Wrong one, you're talking about Bors' family. He's talking about three random girls who show up and are horrifically tortured/raped/etc. in typical AgK fashion in a side chapter that ends with Leone killing the guy who did it to them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently the author does regret killing all of those people. With him pretty much saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time. In hindsight it was not."

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

Wrong one, you're talking about Bors' family. He's talking about three random girls who show up and are horrifically tortured/raped/etc. in typical AgK fashion in a side chapter that ends with Leone killing the guy who did it to them.

Oh. I didn't realize since I didn't read any of the side chapters either. And have terrible reading comprehension.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
May I just add how beautiful it was to see the prime minister go down to Leone literally caving his face in :black101:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Out of curiosity what happened to the Emperor in the ending.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Out of curiosity what happened to the Emperor in the ending.

Executed by the Revolutionary Army after they took over.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Genocyber posted:

Executed by the Revolutionary Army after they took over.

That seems kind of mean.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I wonder how much input the author had on those last episodes. Since the manga is still going. Possibly a hint on what's to come?

The last episode seemed rushed. Esdeath with all her power died too quick. she can kill a whole army with a brush of her hand but she doesn't seem to go that route with Akame? I know Akame is an awesome assassin but still. They made Esdeath seem almost too powerful in every other episode and Akame showed me nothing that I can think of for me to think she could kill Esdeath in like 10 minutes. I know Esdeath used her trump card and got fooled but even before that she should have been able to kill Akame without too much trouble. Akame always felt like a secondary character to me too so I never figured out why the show is named after her and why she is apparently so important. All she did was eat meat and kill lots of people and have a sister who was also raised as an assassin. Maybe I'm missing something that will be shown in the manga eventually?

Candy Dawn fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 16, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

akame was probably originally intended to have a larger role (most likely the main heroine) but the author changed their mind

probably because her power is bad to write fights for

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Candy Dawn posted:

I wonder how much input the author had on those last episodes. Since the manga is still going. Possibly a hint on what's to come?

The last episode seemed rushed. Esdeath with all her power died too quick. she can kill a whole army with a brush of her hand but she doesn't seem to go that route with Akame? I know Akame is an awesome assassin but still. They made Esdeath seem almost too powerful in every other episode and Akame showed me nothing that I can think of for me to think she could kill Esdeath in like 10 minutes. I know Esdeath used her trump card and got fooled but even before that she should have been able to kill Akame without too much trouble. Akame always felt like a secondary character to me too so I never figured out why the show is named after her and why she is apparently so important. All she did was eat meat and kill lots of people and have a sister who was also raised as an assassin. Maybe I'm missing something that will be shown in the manga eventually?

For one, killing an entire army doesn't mean all that much in anime. Yeah Esdeath is powerful, moreso than anyone else alive, but she's not immune to Murasame's poison. She was significantly more powerful than Akame and pretty much destroying her in the first half of the fight, and it was Akame using her trump card that allowed her to keep pace with Esdeath and thus kill her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Candy Dawn posted:

0. The author tweeted that he had no input for the last 7 episodes, as it shows because the manga goes completely differently than the show starting at the Assassination plot.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The last episode was certainly rushed, but at least it wasn't a complete trainwreck. Like successfully navigating a motorcycle over a tightrope; I'm not sure if it could have been better if it were slower without dramatically changing what was happening.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I don't feel it was rushed since that's kind of the pace the show has had going since the beginning, where poo poo will just end suddenly cause they managed to kill their target or w/e.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
This should've just been some weird hentai anime with more rape and guro because it REALLY felt like that's what it wanted to be.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

This should've just been some weird hentai anime with more rape and guro because it REALLY felt like that's what it wanted to be.
uhm, hm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BambooEarpick posted:

That's the manga

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
So have you guys been keeping up with the manga? I've seen quite a bit of criticism of the parts that happened with Mine and Pumpkin. I've read a few things criticizing the author because he wasn't capable of killing off his precious loli, and how some were happy that Pumpkin was destroyed. I'm actually a fan of Mine so I was a little relieved that she became a vegetable rather than dying. I also like Pumpkin so I was also a little bummed it got destroyed.

I also got major feels when Najenda acknowledged feelings for Lubo after his death.

Also, the ending of the most recent chapter with alchemy girl........

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

from the moment tatsumi started dating mine i figured she'd die in a really gross and over the top way to give tatsumi ~pain~ and i'd finally stop reading this series, but then that didn't happen which is why this is trashy nonsense I enjoy reading as opposed to plain old trashy nonsense.

especially because most people seem to not like Mine because she and tatsumi started dating like normal people, which is actually the best part

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cake Attack posted:

from the moment tatsumi started dating mine i figured she'd die in a really gross and over the top way to give tatsumi ~pain~ and i'd finally stop reading this series, but then that didn't happen which is why this is trashy nonsense I enjoy reading as opposed to plain old trashy nonsense.

especially because most people seem to not like Mine because she and tatsumi started dating like normal people, which is actually the best part

Agreed 1000%. :thumbsup:

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
There are many things I enjoy about this manga. Korome and wave's relationship being to cute for words is near top of the list.

I hope they can make it though this unbroken. :ohdear:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

zerosix posted:

There are many things I enjoy about this manga. Korome and wave's relationship being to cute for words is near top of the list.

I hope they can make it though this unbroken. :ohdear:

There's an entire prequel manga about how Kurome became broken in the first place, so I don't know if unbroken is the right word for this...

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Well enter acting with wave has mellowed her out a bit.. Shes still broken but at lest shes not alone. :ohdear: why I'm worried for the both of them.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I hope this ends in at least three or four of them living long enough to sail off to untroubled lands like Akame wants, they deserve to have a vacation forever after all the poo poo they've been through. I got really emotional about both sides talking about all their dead friends from previous chapters.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Alopex posted:

I hope this ends in at least three or four of them living long enough to sail off to untroubled lands like Akame wants, they deserve to have a vacation forever after all the poo poo they've been through. I got really emotional about both sides talking about all their dead friends from previous chapters.

that's one of the things this this manga dose well. I got a major feeling though that Tatsumi is not going to be on that boat

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

zerosix posted:

that's one of the things this this manga dose well. I got a major feeling though that Tatsumi is not going to be on that boat

If any other series gave their protagonist a dangerous power-up and said that it was possible for him to master it with time and patience but he'd most likely die, I'd flat-out assume it would end up going with the former. Here? It could be either one, it's legitimately tense.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
My money is on Tatsumi living just long enough to marry Mine then die like a week later due to effects of Incursio. :v:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Overlord K posted:

My money is on Tatsumi living just long enough to marry Mine then die like a week later due to effects of Incursio. :v:

Bah, if you're going with that route you should go full TTGL and have him die within seconds of the ring exchange.

And they can go Jetman and have Leone die on the way to the ceremony for no particular reason.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this chapter also awoke the powerful akame and leone pairing inside me

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I just started reading this. This a bad series but like Terraformers it's entertaining as five minute bursts and a binge on an empty afternoon on a lazy weekend.

Esudeath is hilarious.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 26, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So uh...
Boat end incoming. Nice knowing you, Tats :black101:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cake Attack posted:

this chapter also awoke the powerful akame and leone pairing inside me

Similarly, it awoke the powerful me and leone's chest pairing inside of me.:wink:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can the powerful Akame and Leone pairing beat the powerful Akame and Meat, Leone and Alcohol, and One-Armed Leone and Leone's Arm pairings???

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

So uh...
Boat end incoming. Nice knowing you, Tats :black101:

Awh we all know whats going to happen Tatsumi is going to become a full dragon man, become stronger than esdeath and sit the throne as the new emperor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SALT CURES HAM posted:

What does this even mean?

If you mean the original title I came up with, it was because Akame Ga Kill's first few episodes gave me some tremendous Zvezda vibes. "Evil" organization living together, working together, day-to-day making dinner and the like. The Berserk vibes come from watching people getting dismembered and killed off quite easily and regularly.

If you mean 'naked kids loving' then I don't know either, but it disturbs me.

khy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 28, 2015

• Locked thread