Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Mine is lame and I'm glad she's brain dead, team Esudeath go!!!

Seriously why do people like Mine? She is boring as could be. I almost wanted him to get together with Akame or Leone because they aren't annoying characters, even with them dating more like normal people than anime charactes kinda just made it even worse and pointed out how boring she was.

Also this manga is loving weird. There is a bunch of cool poo poo like semi normal dating, Syru getting killed in a unique cool way, and stuff...then the terrible poo poo like the murder of that Jagers family and the introduction to Wild Hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

NutritiousSnack posted:

Mine is lame and I'm glad she's brain dead, team Esudeath go!!!

Seriously why do people like Mine? She is boring as could be. I almost wanted him to get together with Akame or Leone because they aren't annoying characters, even with them dating more like normal people than anime charactes kinda just made it even worse and pointed out how boring she was.

Also this manga is loving weird. There is a bunch of cool poo poo like semi normal dating, Syru getting killed in a unique cool way, and stuff...then the terrible poo poo like the murder of that Jagers family and the introduction to Wild Hunt.

Pumpkin is cool, and the "dating like normal people" thing made me like her a lot more. The execution grounds scene is cool, too.

I don't have strong feelings about her, really, but I do think she was the most interesting choice for a relationship in Night Raid. Akame is kind of a flat character and Tatsumi and Leone dating wouldn't have really changed their relationship.

(honestly I just have this avatar because that was a beautiful bit of art, I really like the colors)

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Seriously why do people like Mine? She is boring as could be.

I like her for her determination and willpower and how cool she can be in combat, and for the little revenge arc she had because of Sheele's death. Pumpkin's a great weapon, too (RIP Pumpkin...), and makes for interesting fights. The normal person dating thing was good but surprising.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I don't understand the Mine hate. It makes sense that she would pursue Tatsumi after losing Sheele because she has an emptiness in her life. And I think that she is the more interesting of the three (Leone, Akame) for Tatsumi to have a relationship with. She's also the easiest for a reader to relate to (well, me anyways).

I really like Leone, but a relationship would ruin the vibe of her character. I think she's also there to lighten the dark tone. Akame is still kind of flat, and I'm hoping for more character development with her. The Leone/Akame pairing was super cute, though.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

kohon posted:

I don't understand the Mine hate.

Mine on first encounter displayed many Tsundere traits: Initial hostility towards protagonist, flat chest, etc..

Traits that anime/aanga readers/watchers have been trained to attack on sight after enduring one to many episodes of shakugan no shana

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

zerosix posted:

Mine on first encounter displayed many Tsundere traits: Initial hostility towards protagonist, flat chest, etc..

Traits that anime/aanga readers/watchers have been trained to attack on sight after enduring one to many episodes of shakugan no shana
At least she wasn't voiced by TsundeRie.
I'm so sick of her voicing almost every short, flat-chested, long-haired tsundere lead heroine in anime so I'm really glad she hasn't had many roles in recent years.

kohon posted:

Akame is still kind of flat
Sounds like you need to rewatch the anime :v:

:eyepop:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 2, 2015

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
I'm speaking from the point of view of the manga. Yeah, Akame has development in the last episode, but none of that has happened in the manga.

And I hated Mine at first for that same reason, but she changes. She probably has the most development aside from Tatsumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

:thejoke:

• Locked thread