Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Justice always prevails :smug:
The anime is progressing faster than I thought, but when you take into consideration the average chapter is 40+ pages, 6 episodes covering 9 chapters is pretty reasonable.

Good news: Tatsumi gets a Teigu soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So, stuff happened in the manga;

:siren: Manga spoilers :siren:
Rabac (yes, I'm sticking to the scanlator localization of this because Lubbock sounds dumb as gently caress) was a total badass. I was actually thinking he was going to cave and spill the details, and then he pulls that stunt :allears:

I doubt that Syura is dead though, since they have a habit of announcing it in the last page when the headcount of a major faction decreases.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

I caught up on the manga this past and have enjoyed it. Should we start a manga-only discussion?

Is it worth making a whole new thread for it, given this thread is still on it's first page? Might be simpler to just label the manga spoilers in this thread.

Speaking of :siren: manga spoilers :siren: though:
I'm not too sure we've seen the last of Wild Hunt. Thy may be disbanded and I doubt they'll be tolerated amongst the Jagers, but the Wild Hunt loli is bound to be plotting something.

I also also think that Kurome is going to be the next to die to serve as a way for Wave to man up and get hell-bent on revenge against whoever kills her, whether it be Akame or someone from the now-disbanded Wild Hunt. If Wild Hunt kill her, it could set the stage for Wave to start cooperating with NR. Just a bit of speculation of course, although I do like how Tatsumi and Wave are pretty much the same person, just on opposite sides of the conflict.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Lubbock is a city in Texas, it's not like it's a made up word. :v:

Doesn't make it sound any less dumb. Some of the official localisations are alright, but I find most are just... bad.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Esdeath is the best. If putting a collar and dragging someone away is your method of getting somebody in bed with you, you're the most insane psychopath ever.

And poor Wave, having to deal with all those weirdos. Akame's little sister doesn't seem as crazy as expected though.

Yeah, they really nailed both of those scenes. I expected Bors to sound a little more intimidating though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why once he starts talking you are supposed to realize he is a nice guy.
He can still be nice while having an intimidating voice though, or even just an overly 'masculine one. I think Kenji Utsumi would've been a good choice of VA for Bors, actually. He could share his generations-old family technique for burning enemies of the Empire :allears:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

mythicknight posted:

Finally caught up to the manga.

God I love shoujo Esdeath-kun. Still hate Mine, though not as much as when Sheel died. And gently caress everything about Chelsea's death. Had to take a few days break after that.

Overall I really enjoy this. It's gonna make the waits between chapters excruciating. And great episode coming this weekend.

Chelsea really grew on me, I was so gutted when that happened. You should check out AgK:Zero, if you haven't already, for reasons that will soon be made clear to you.

The month-long wait between chapters (both AgK and Zero) is pretty painful though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Shoujo-mode Esdeath is so much more endearing on-screen :allears:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Aww yeah, Chelsea episode next week. Get hyped!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

legoman727 posted:

Esdeath's shoujo mode is basically the best part of this anime.

Have you checked out this week's AgK theater? Oh, the Majikoi reference :allears:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Alder posted:

I read the reviews on bakaupdates and on the scale of 1 to 11(wolf guy: don't google it) how violent is everyone?

I thought AoT was kinda gratuitously gory so will I like this series? Thanks.
Depends. Did you like AoT?
AgK is silly and uses a lot of shock value, but not nearly as silly as stuff like (AoT spoilers) Teen Titans

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So they're either devoting a ton of time to the most recent 3 chapters, or they're going anime-original. Interesting...

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

It's going full anime original ending, especially since :siren: manga spoilers Run is also dead well before this point.

Back to episode 21, I highly doubt that Mein is dead, since it's anime and we didn't see her taking a fatal wound. It's just something to end the episode on a cliffhanger. I'm 80% sure she'll be alive (and likely unable to fight) next episode.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tae posted:

Welp, it's been a while since a show went Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 on me. Latest chapter:

Everyone is alive, Tatsumi can counter the time freeze, Mine's obviously alive
Called it!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Oh right :downs: I should probably get around to reading it then

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Well, the storyboard for the last episode's been leaked. Get it together, White Fox!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Genocyber posted:

They couldn't even get 26 episodes, there never would have been a second season. I don't get why people are so upset about the ending. It's pretty good and seems to be wrapping up all of the dangling plot threads. Only real bad episode was the Shura one.
They skipped about 15-20 chapters of the manga, there was a ton of material there, White Fox just decided to not adapt it. They could've ended this season at the resolution of the Wild Hunt arc, and in a year's time there'd be a whole bunch more stuff to adapt. Probably not another 24-26 episodes worth, but at least another one-cour series.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Bholder posted:

Is the manga popular enough that there might a Akame ga Kill: Sisterhood a couple of years later?
There's AgK: Zero which is all about Akame and Kurome when they first became assassins for the Empire. Close enough to what you're after?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Right, that makes sense. Anyway, AgK:Z exists and people should check it out.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

So uh...
Boat end incoming. Nice knowing you, Tats :black101:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

zerosix posted:

Mine on first encounter displayed many Tsundere traits: Initial hostility towards protagonist, flat chest, etc..

Traits that anime/aanga readers/watchers have been trained to attack on sight after enduring one to many episodes of shakugan no shana
At least she wasn't voiced by TsundeRie.
I'm so sick of her voicing almost every short, flat-chested, long-haired tsundere lead heroine in anime so I'm really glad she hasn't had many roles in recent years.

kohon posted:

Akame is still kind of flat
Sounds like you need to rewatch the anime :v:

:eyepop:

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

:thejoke:

• Locked thread