Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

anime is cartoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gggiiimmmppp posted:

anime is cartoons

it sure is

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I loving love Japanimation

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just use these threads as an excuse to post stupid anime poo poo.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.anime.fandom/sVsMVPV4uHY/v2gCoyN-760J

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

pls rename the thread to "post all anime in jojos style"

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Say Nothing posted:

Don't reveal the secret!!!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

ChromiumCrush posted:

If you are overweight please start exercising regularly and eating in moderation.

no dont, eat your way to an early grave, sex is exhausting and gross too so dont breed

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

turdriver posted:

there is no good anime

Death Note is good. But that's about it.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Bummed that this is some animanga stuff and not garth ennis

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Say Nothing posted:

same except for manga recommendations to trap people who hate anime into actually giving it a try and then they like it and then next thing they know they've got a body pillow with yoko-chan on it in their room.

ONEPUNCH-MAN is easily one of, if not the most gorgeous and detailed series you'll ever see. There are entire chapters that can, and have been, animated. Check this poo poo, yo:

Onepunch-Man is about Saitama, your average jobless loser, who one day decides to become a superhero. Except now he's become so powerful, that no matter what, every fight ends with only one punch. He is beyond Superman. This series is pretty god drat hilarious, both with Saitama's incredibly bland reaction to everything from cyborg gorillamen, to a cross between Namor, Cthulhu, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, the humanized form of Mother Nature's Wrath Itself, A Giant loving Meteor, etc and with his unwanted pupil's incredible brooding seriousness in every situation. Every fight is a foregone conclusion, but it's still an amusing, gorgeous, and hilarious ride perhaps all the funnier BECAUSE you know how it ends.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sizone posted:

Bummed that this is some animanga stuff and not garth ennis

Garth Ennis is a garbage man who writes poo poo for developmentally disabled 14 year old boys.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

boom boom boom posted:

Garth Ennis is a garbage man who writes poo poo for developmentally disabled 14 year old boys.

his run on hellblazer was really good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Captain Invictus posted:

same except for manga recommendations to trap people who hate anime into actually giving it a try and then they like it and then next thing they know they've got a body pillow with yoko-chan on it in their room.

ONEPUNCH-MAN is easily one of, if not the most gorgeous and detailed series you'll ever see. There are entire chapters that can, and have been, animated. Check this poo poo, yo:

Onepunch-Man is about Saitama, your average jobless loser, who one day decides to become a superhero. Except now he's become so powerful, that no matter what, every fight ends with only one punch. He is beyond Superman. This series is pretty god drat hilarious, both with Saitama's incredibly bland reaction to everything from cyborg gorillamen, to a cross between Namor, Cthulhu, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, the humanized form of Mother Nature's Wrath Itself, A Giant loving Meteor, etc and with his unwanted pupil's incredible brooding seriousness in every situation. Every fight is a foregone conclusion, but it's still an amusing, gorgeous, and hilarious ride perhaps all the funnier BECAUSE you know how it ends.

:agreed:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxlJJdh_0Kc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1G-xSe-90

Jojo's is the best

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I prefer oldskool anime

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
like real oldskool

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

same except for manga recommendations to trap people who hate anime into actually giving it a try and then they like it

i did this to a dude and like 3 years later he was a full blown otaku buying giant box sets and art books and talking about going to cons

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

that actually happened btw

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SirEvelynTremble posted:

I prefer oldskool anime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Corridor posted:

i did this to a dude and like 3 years later he was a full blown otaku buying giant box sets and art books and talking about going to cons

give them a taste of heaven and they drink themselves to death on it . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread