Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man Platinum makes some great loving games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
god hand and mgr are my absolute favorite two action games

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I wish Hideki Kamiya could design every game ever.

Also everyone who thinks he's an rear end in a top hat is stupid and deserves to get cyber-bullied by him.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

god drat was Vanquish cool as hell

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Viewtiful loving joe

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I liked ooooookami but can't really get into it again because of the weird animal crossing voices

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Everyone forgets Infinite Space. They're all like oooo Godhand oooo MGR, but nobody remembers Infinite Space and it's soul crushing difficulty. I mean it was essentially Homeworld for 70% of the battle system. Bu you could arrange the guns on your ship in much the same way you arrange blocks in tetris.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
wonderful 101 iz good

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought a Wii U just for the Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Buy me platinum.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Infinite Space>All other platinum games.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm really excited for bayonetta 2, and i'm gonna have to find some way to briefly acquire an xbox one for scalebound

oh i just remembered that korra game they're making. that'll be fun too i'm sure

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

platinum games are cool and fun

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

THey're absolute garbage. Laughing my rear end off at the chink lover queers in this thread who like bad games.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm playing Bayonetta right now. It's great. Go play every Platinum game except probably MadWorld.

Also more people should've bought Anarchy Reigns because that was great in multiplayer except it was dead three days after the game came out

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

im really eager for bayonetta wiiu 'cause i only got to play it on ps3 before

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

conceitedguy posted:

im really eager for bayonetta wiiu 'cause i only got to play it on ps3 before

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There is nothing wrong with the PS3 port of Bayonetta and the people who complain are the same types of people who threw a tantrum over tripping in Smash bros.

Soral
May 30, 2009

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Amazing Skyrim Mod.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

There is nothing wrong with the PS3 port of Bayonetta and the people who complain are the same types of people who threw a tantrum over tripping in Smash bros.

hmmmm.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Anarchy Reigns was pretty lovely but I never went online with it. Everything else A+ would buy again.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

your a loving tard

STFU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Swelter Discharge posted:

your a loving tard

STFU

I platinumed the PS3 release, there was nothing unwinnable or impossible.

I was expecting something like the Jak II copies that had half the game missing from the disc. And there was nothing like that that made the game unable to be completed. I mean geez they made it seem like the entire game was broken.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 7, 2014

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually they meant your a retard and should shut up, in general, not just about this one specific thing

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I platinumed the PS3 release, there was nothing unwinnable or impossible.

I was expecting something like the Jak II copies that had half the game missing from the disc. And there was nothing like that that made the game unable to be completed. I mean geez they made it seem like the entire game was broken.

shut the gently caress up taint reaper

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Soral posted:

actually they meant your a retard and should shut up, in general, not just about this one specific thing

Given the context that this is a thread about Platinum games, this is like a piece of kitchen cookware calling another piece of cookware a very bad racial slur.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
look at this loving thread. it was cool and good and about a cool and good developer who makes fun games. and you loving ruined it. you. loving piece of poo poo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pirate Jet posted:

look at this loving thread. it was cool and good and about a cool and good developer who makes fun games. and you loving ruined it. you. loving piece of poo poo

None of you have ever played the best platinum game of all, which is Infinite Space. Please do not speak of what is good and pure about Platinum until you have played their crown jewel.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I thought they just published that? Anyway it was a really neat game.

Soral
May 30, 2009

stop posting, taint reaper. thanks in advance

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

George posted:

I thought they just published that? Anyway it was a really neat game.

It was back when they and Sega had a working relationship, they apparently had actual input into the game itself. They did publish it in some countries.

But the character designs and battle system was their own guys. Which is why there's tits and lasers flying everywhere.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't played the ps3 version of bayonetta, are people mad at the taint reaper for suggesting that its not bad, or mad that he said that people who get mad at tripping in smash bros are dumb, because at this point in time i don't have any reason to disagree with either of them.

or are people just getting taint reaped again

Soral
May 30, 2009

taint reaper has said two correct things and yet has made zero good posts

an enigma for the ages

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Speaking of Platinum games that everyone forgets, Anarchy Reigns was so close to being a really cool thing but it just felt and played sort of weird. It's playerbase was pretty much nonexistent too.

Also, I suck really really bad at Revengeance... and it made me angry at how bad I suck at it but I loved it and I've been thinking about playing it again.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
legit excited about Korra

Shame it's supposedly going to be pretty short, though

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

metricchip posted:

Speaking of Platinum games that everyone forgets, Anarchy Reigns was so close to being a really cool thing but it just felt and played sort of weird. It's playerbase was pretty much nonexistent too.

Also, I suck really really bad at Revengeance... and it made me angry at how bad I suck at it but I loved it and I've been thinking about playing it again.

Anarchy Reigns felt really close to Spawn: Dark Arena for the Dreamcast as far as gameplay went. I'm not sure how much they could have expanded upon it since going any further than Dark Arena winds you up in God of War territory.

Dec 30, 2008
platinum are a lovely developer who make dumb anime games for people with autism

take that thread!!!!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They make some great games...for retarded chink pedofiles who like bad games to enjoy. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They make some great games...for retarded chink pedofiles who like bad games to enjoy. Haha.

Like you

• Locked thread