Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

rotor posted:

I'm tired of gassing threads and being the bad guy all the time

you know why nobody likes the villain, rotor?

because he's the villain :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

rotor posted:

here's some fun rules:
do not engage with fishmech.

can we get this as a yospos wide rule?

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2014/08/167-satoshis-hashrate.html

16.7 Satoshi's hashrate

quote:

Note: I refer to Satoshi as "he" throughout this post. This is for stylistic reasons, and perhaps next time I'll refer to Satoshi as "she", or "it" or "them". Use of the masculine pronoun does not imply I have any special inside information.

quote:

5. Summary
Satoshi initially followed a plan of reducing the hashrate by 1.7 Mhps every five months, but a month after the second such drop abandoned this method in favour of a continuously decreasing hashrate.

This implies two things: Satoshi had a hashrate plan, and that initially Satoshi had very coarse-grained control of his hashrate, but then was able to achieve a very fine grained control of the hashrate.

These insights may help investigators determine the sort of hardware Satoshi used, and how much control he would have had over the early client or his PC / cloud infrastructure.

I'm the Satoshi investigator

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
also

Find a typo or spelling error? Email me with the details at organofcorti@organofcorti.org and if you're the first to email me I'll pay you 0.01 btc per ten errors.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Robawesome posted:

Hey guys, Just got offered a job relating to bitcoins. And I'm new to the whole thing. Help please. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted an hour ago by GKoala

So I recently replied to an ad for a job as an executive assistant to process bitcoin transactions. Here is what was described to me as the process:

A regular transaction would look like this:

A client registers and verifies his/her order on our website
The client sends funds to your account and confirms this to us
We let you know about the new transaction
You inform us after the funds have cleared into your account (usually 1-2 business days)
We place a buy order with the broker that manages all the bitcoin sellers.
I forward the deposit instructions to you
You cashout the funds, hold your commission and any banking fees and deposit the rest into the indicated seller's account, in person at a teller's desk( usually at Bank of America ).

Part of the job is that I need a bit-coin friendly bank, but after a quick google search I couldn't find much use. (I did find a bit on Bank of the West.

Can you guys help me find a bitcoin friendly bank in the Massachusetts area?

Thanks a lot guys.

what kind of person does it take to look at this and think 'yes, this sounds legitimate'

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
a bitcoiner

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Hello I have the future of the internet..

Imagine the internet, but with bitcoin

quote:

DNSChain (formerly DNSNMC) makes it possible to be certain that you're communicating with who you want to communicate with, and connecting to the sites that you want to connect to, without anyone secretly listening in on your conversations in between.

quote:

X.509 PKI makes and breaks today's Internet security. It's what makes your browser think "The connection to this website is secure" when it's not. It's what we have to get rid of, and DNSChain provides a scalable, distributed, and decentralized replacement that doesn't depend on untrustworthy "authority figures"

What advantages does this give us? I'm glad you ask.

Look at all those things.

The future is here.
DNSChain

https://github.com/okTurtles/dnschain#DNSChain

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Boxturret posted:

UNDER 600 LINES OF RAW COFFEE SCRIPT

the rawest coffeescript u ever seen

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Robawesome posted:

Estimated Next Difficulty: 28,794,286,077 (+20.76%)
Adjust time: After 1636 Blocks, About 10.4 days

up uP UP

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

pls don't sexworker shame

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Robawesome posted:

Can Bitcoin make it safer for migrants to cross borders? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 5 hours ago by anon123214

I'm not concerned with the issue of crossing borders, but rather the safety of it. I've read about how Silk Road and other dark markets have made drugs safer and it seems logical that the same could happen with border crossings. The problem now is that the coyote (smuggler) has no vested interest in their clients safety. Because of that they leave people to die, rape women, etc. with near impunity. A reputation based system (like Silk Road) would seem to be much safer. I'm curious to hear what others think, or if this already exists in some form.

human trafficking...

but with bitcoin?

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

ArchangelleTheRapist

:eyepop:

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
speaking of wasting power, the guy who toured that Chinese squalor warehouse did another tour of another location

http://www.thecoinsman.com/2014/08/bitcoin/inside-one-worlds-largest-bitcoin-mines/

they have 5% of the hash rate and they're still building out. I'd link pics in but phone posting

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Robawesome posted:

Toll Free Bitcoin - Proof of Concept - I need agents! (tollfreebitcoin.com)

submitted 1 day ago by kiisfm

[–]kiisfm[S] 1 point 1 day ago

I need agents! Right now when someone calls, they'll be forwarded to an agent. Both your number and theirs is private. I can't currently control when calls come in so you have to manually tell me when to add you or remove you.

Then I need people to call in needing help! I have many features for the future. Eg. For both agents and callers to call and take calls in their browser. i need programmers and donations for more twilio minutes!

I'd like to pass out cards, get grants, develop premium support for companies looking to outsource support using our best agents.

[–]jalla2000 1 point 9 hours ago

Only english? :/

I'm the toll free bitcoin number*

* not really toll free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I believe that was from one of the ArcheAge threads in MMOHMO

that's a retired cop goon defending a pedo goon in mmohmo

• Locked thread