Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
someone please update me on recent bitcoin developments, such as, dumb words that antonopooplos has said to a paying audience or maybe dread pirate roberts court bullshit, id look it up myself, but, i think its better to let someone else, post it here,

buttcoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

graph posted:

also the video from the very first bit coin con where some girl got trapped in a conversation with some disgusting piglord for ninety fuckign minutes and finally found an out, and made the best expression ever
link? i think i missed that one.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Phoenixan posted:

this is one of the pages that comes up with i gis my own av

lucky you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

there's a yospoter i'm fond of who knows more about nime than i'm fond of
wtf is that pile of words

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

pram posted:

guy getting married with giant house: could be secret bitcoin weirdo
for real that kind of poo poo goes in the gbs thread and the clownshoe who posted it here should get out

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
how does the fact that he is himself tweeting about buttcoin fit into this

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
please don,t

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
those letters are hosed

ninja edit: lol i just realized what's wrong with them, whoever made that put the outline on the letters' inside edges instead of the outside and it looks like garbage

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Don't ask what Bitcoin can do for you, ask what you can do for Bitcoin. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 5 hours ago by btcmanifesto

What will you do for Bitcoin today? I'm passing out flyers door to door.

65 comments share

quote:

[–] Throwdanm1 6 points 2 hours ago*

Today i used bitcoins for real transaction to purchase real drugs off the dark net! And it worked.

There is a massive adoption of bitcoin usage when it come to purchasing drugs of the Dark Net Markets.

quote:

[–] sciencelovesyou 4 points 2 hours ago

As someone who has had to scrape three "BITCOIN ACCEPTED HERE" stickers off my front door, please stop with the insane evangelism.

quote:

[–] ritherz 2 points an hour ago

Lets not use statist propaganda slogans to promote a free-market solution to statist problems.

quote:

[–] ivorbighead 2 points 4 hours ago

I've set up a new sub you may be interested in. http://www.reddit.com/r/BitTippers/ it a place for tipping small amounts of btc. I seem to be the only one doing any tipping right now but it early days. I believe micro tipping is a great way to get people into bitcoin. Come over and tip some bits !

permalink parent

quote:

[–] BGfour 1 point 2 hours ago

Woman have purse partys, candle partys, jewelry partys, Tupperware partys, Mary Kay partys ......and it's written in the woman's code of conduct manual that they have to buy something....

I WANT TO HAVE A BITCOIN PARTY...

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 11, 2014

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

http://reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2d7sfu/holy_smokes_1000_btc_bar/

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh my god

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingorc posted:

TERA is the game with the pedo race, right?
yeah, the old ctrl+alt+del mock thread wouldn't shut up about it for like a week after tim buckley mentioned it in a blog post.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
where's the ring?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

0:45 posted:

Today, Bitcoin is not only volatile in its value but its very essence.
hooooooooooooooooooooo boy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

DNova posted:

beyond knowing that if you heat up bread you get toast people don't know anything else about it
please tell me more about those crazy dumb normals

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i mean seriously how goddamn arrogant do you have to be to assume that knowing how a toaster toasts toast is a point of superiority for you over other people?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"deeeurrrrhhh how does the toastger get hot"

- nobody ever

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FrozenVent posted:

i keep bringing this up, but i have a friend who went to law school never realizing that cars made their own electricity; literally though that the radio, lights and poo poo ran off the battery and that's why you had to change the battery once in a while because you'd drain it

a lot of people don't think about how things work beyond "here's how you use it."
that's because the alternator is a much less obvious component than the battery, while it's the absolute baseline for specialized knowledge it's still specialized and it's hardly comparable to knowing what the loving glowing wire does

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FrozenVent posted:

"it just does, there's electricity... like the stove i guess..."

-the average person
i guess that's a bit more reasonable

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I wrote a song called "With Bitcoin". I'd love if you'd check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlADUFbHc18

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dr. Honked posted:

maybe the teach didn't actually know what a bimetallic strip was
the sad, obvious truth

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a shameful self-quote but it's more shameful that this derail has breached another page

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
seriously guys it's a funny video... maybe even funnier than toasters

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Is it appropriate to give bitcoin as a wedding present? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by mpow

The couple I have in mind live far away and it would be easy for me to send and maybe a nice investment for them, plus a gesture to their future lives together. I may risk looking like funny internet money...and cheap?

12 comments share

quote:

[–] PASSO3058 2 points an hour ago

I did for my sisters wedding... They don't understand the importance of it... Set them up with a cold storage wallet and hot wallets. All family gets bitcoin for birthdays as well... I will continue to give as gift till it goes parabolic... Then I just go back to normal things.

quote:

[–] 5upercrab 2 points an hour ago

Hell yes, especially if they've never used it. though personally I would send an encrpyted paper wallet within a card or something like that as a personal touch. I did it for family member at Christmas, you can then give them the encryption password over the phone or something when they are ready.

It will almost certainly be a unique and curious gift!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Robawesome posted:

Let's crowdfund a listing for users of /r/Buttcoin to be put on the Assassination market (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 minutes ago by ExecuteButtcoiners

I'm sick of these trolls reminding me that I've lost 60% of my money

If people won't listen to us and buy Bitcoin, then let's make them listen to us.

Ben Lawsky, you and your children have been warned.
as unfun as it is to say i'm gonna call false flag on this one

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Brad Leclerc
Shared publicly - Yesterday 9:46 PM

Nerd Level++

Figured I'd add a watchface to see the balance of my mobile bitcoin wallet (which clearly I don't keep much in normally), and show a qr code to make it super easy to have people send to it on the rare occasion that happens (more than NEVER... but wouldn't exactly call it a common occurrence haha).

So, that's a thing I spent time to setup. Yup. Good thing I'm already married, isn't it? hehe

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
thank you for posting that, i was thinking about "professional quote maker" just the other day and wishing i could remember where i'd read the phrase

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

hacker - videogame player - inventor - rebel genius.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

videogame savant
ulillillia?!??!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Ripoff posted:

some dude really liked horseshit apparently and posted his fetish is to be "a horse's full toilet, everything about it". a goon took a screenshot of it
it was "kinkymale78" specifically

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

tip calculator app
:what:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
no poo poo, i was saying that's a stupid goddamn thing to exist. i mean even assuming that you can't figure out a fifth or quarter or whatever fraction of your meal's cost (which is inexcusable if you made it out of elementary school), why not just use the calculator that's built into your phone? what possible reason is there to even develop, let alone use, a "tip calculator" app?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Pinball Wizard posted:

what seriously?

even the most useless app will get at least 100k downloads. throw some ads in that fucker, collect whatever it nets you, rinse and repeat
well yeah biut it's a stupid thing that i hadn't heard of before

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm the complete absence of bitcoins from the actual interview

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
no wait i'm

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
no

wait

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Greyhawk posted:

so karpeles turns up in the thread bitcoiners have dedicated to hating on his new business

they promptly gold him

twice

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2eh2du/with_the_mtgox_fiasco_being_long_forgotten_mark/cjzmczg

quote:

[–] MagicalTux 11 points 10 hours ago

I cannot comment on MtGox at this point. Hopefully in the future everything will come to light.

permalink parent

quote:

[–] elux 0 points 4 hours ago

Hey, /u/MagicalTux, since you are here, now, and reading this,

If you are not under gag order, please reply with a single "X".

permalink parent

quote:

[–] totes_meta_bot 13 points an hour ago

This thread has been linked to from elsewhere on reddit.
    •[/r/Buttcoin] Bitcoiner just wants a little kiss from his hero :3

If you follow any of the above links, respect the rules of reddit and don't vote or comment. Questions? Abuse? Message me here.

permalink parent

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingexecutive posted:

champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing
champing

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's an idiom, it would be like saying "a quarter saved is a quarter earned" it's right, but also not right
yes thank you

• Locked thread