Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mod approved!

I work at a mobile sports tickets startup. We launched almost a year ago, and as of now are live in 8 cities (SF, LA, NYC, Chicago, Boston, DC, Philly, Seattle). We've done NHL, NBA, MLS, and MLB, and are launching NFL shortly.

Our app lets fans get great last minute seats to games at awesome prices. Think hotel tonight for sports tickets. In addition, before you buy, we show you the view from your potential seats. You can check out the app at http://gametime.co

Before we can launch for the NFL regular season, we need to test out how our mobile tickets work at new stadiums. To that end, we want to give out a bunch of free preseason tickets, about 5-10 to each game. Not just the cities we're live in, every preseason game.

All we ask is that you let us know how easy it is to get into the game with our tickets, and if you have any difficulties.

In case something goes wrong, we'll send PDFs of the tickets with you so you'll definitely be able to get into the game.

We've given out most of our tickets for week 1's games, but we'll have plenty for weeks 2-4.

So, if you'd like free preseason tickets in exchange for letting us know how they work, reply here and please email Matt, matt@gametime.co - and he'll set you up.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Are you talking about preseason games in the cities where you've already launched, or all preseason games? I'm interested in testing but my closest possibility for preseason football is Houston.

Thanks for asking, I should have clarified, and I'll edit the OP now.

We have tickets to give away for every preseason game, not just the cities we're currently live in. Our goal is to be live on all 32 NFL teams asap, so we're testing like crazy.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Awesome, I'm thrilled with the early response. TFF is a huge reason I've become such a sports fan over the last few years and I'm happy I can help give something back.

The main thing is if you're interested, please email matt@gametime.co - he's in charge of setting up testers with tickets.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Anals of History posted:

Thank you for the earlier clarification. One other dumb question - do we have to identify as SAS members to Matt? Told Matt I heard about this from SAS, but didn't want to say "you might know me as Anals of History" or something.

No need to identify as from SAS, I let him know where the interest is coming from.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

Is he prepared for the influx of emails from goons? Football Tickets? FREE? :bandwagon:

That's what EDIT: full time employees, not interns are for!

Shadowhand00 posted:

Sent an email for niners tickets.

This might be a tough one. We're based in the bay area, and have a bunch of big 49ers fans in the office/friends of the company.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

Also, this might be random, but if you have any hard copies of the paper season tickets, not to actually be used....I'd be interested in taking a look at them.

I don't think we have any paper tickets lying around, but I'll see.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Shath Hole posted:

Malloreon, just out of curiosity, when can we expect a reply from Mr. Matt? And will we have the ability to choose which game (week) we go to?

Hopefully within 24-48 hours. And yeah, as long as we've got tickets left for the game/week you want, you're welcome to them.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Brannigans Law posted:

Hey Malloreon, this is a really cool app. How the heck did you collect all the "Picture from this seat" data?

Glad you like it! We send photographers to every stadium during games to take photos from every single section.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 7, 2014

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I like the app, but Atlanta isn't a location.

When is that poo poo gonna get remedied, because I loving love this concept.

On my test builds I have a gigantic list of cities we'll soon be in. We actually have so many cities in which to launch we have to rethink how to navigate between them in an intuitive manner.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hey guys, just talked to Matt, he's overwhelmed with the response and interest. He's going to try and reply to everyone by tomorrow evening.

If you haven't emailed yet, no worries, let us know and we'll try and get you tickets.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Does LA mean Los Angeles or Louisiana?

It means Los Angeles, but we're testing Saints home games too!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

Haven't heard back about tonight's Lions game. Should I get a ticket elsewhere?

Yeah, probably elsewhere. I think we gave out most of our week 1 tickets before I posted the thread, but we'll be hitting weeks 2-4 hard.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Hey, it's been a few days so I figured I should probably make sure all is well with this. Are week 3 requests being held off until closer to the games or something?

Yeah, I'll check with Matt in the morning, but I think he may be still buried under all the requests. I'll see what I can do.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Any news on this? I contacted Mike almost a week ago and haven't heard back.

I think if Matt hasn't gotten in touch with you for a Week 2 game, he already had enough people for the game you wanted. I think he's taking it week by week.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just spoke to Matt:

He's letting people know 2-3 days before games now because he's had some issues with people accepting further out in advance and then not being able to go once they've received the tickets. So, if you haven't heard back for a week 3 or week 4 game, he still might be in touch.

Also, he's giving me a list on Monday of teams/games we need more coverage for. I'll post the list here and see if anyone wants those tickets.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sweet, I am thrilled we were able to give goons the gift of free bad football.

EDIT: also on page 1 I misidentified Matt as an intern. I found out today he is full time!

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Did you guys have any trouble using our mobile tickets?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

UPDATE!

We're still looking for more people who want to test for these teams for weeks 3-4. If you are interested in going to a free home preseason game for any of these teams, please post here/email Matt, matt@gametime.co, and we'll see what we can do. If you've already emailed for one of these teams and haven't heard from us...please email again!

Cleveland Browns
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Tennessee Titans
Dallas Cowboys

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

UPDATE

We've got 4 tickets to tomorrow's Jacksonville @ Detroit game. Can anyone in the area go to the game and help us out?

If so please email Matt, matt@gametime.co and we'll set you up.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Zurreco posted:

Can we get non-goons in on this? I have a few friends in Detroit that would probably be down to go.

absolutely, just have them get in touch with Matt.

CzarStark, please pm me your email address and I'll check in with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mrit posted:

While I do appreciate the opportunity to test the app, and that the tickets weren't guaranteed by any measure, when I'm told on Wednesday afternoon that:

"Yes man, we will get you set up this week with the tickets and info! First run went well over in Seattle, so should be a simple process for you guys to get in."

And on Friday, 3 hours before the game I get:

"Hey man, sorry Matt didn't get back to you. I talked to him just after we PMed. It looks like we're not testing seattle anymore - all our tickets worked the first two weeks, so I think we're all set." - (BTW, this makes no sense as today is the 2nd Seattle home game)

That's pretty drat unprofessional. Canceling is fine, but let me know earlier than 3 hours before kickoff(which only happened after I emailed and PM'ed).
I have nothing against Malloreon as he was polite and helpful, but you guys really dropped the ball.

We did drop the ball, and I apologize entirely. I misspoke when I said things worked in the first two weeks, things worked 100% last week and at some point the decision was made not to test more in Seattle. Still, we should have been way more responsive on letting people know.

• Locked thread