Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?
Admittedly he's young and could use some time in the minors, but Henry Skrimshander could probably slide over from short to second and give you excellent defense.

MaximumBob fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

tadashi posted:

Has anybody seen How Do You Know? Is there any actually sports in it? They mention in the synopsis that Owen Wilson is a pitcher for the Nationals and Witherspoon is a former softball player but there's no position.

Additionally, there's no one from Bad News Bears but, if you're really going for best baseball player, I doubt any kids without celestial aid or freak accidents belong.

I've seen it. I forget if Wilson is shown pitching but he's definitely shown in the bullpen or dugout. I think Witherspoon is shown taking grounders, maybe.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

pseudodragon posted:

Then Billy Chapel from For the Love of the Game fills a starting rotation spot. The prime version gets you an ace or the end of career movie version could still hold a middle/back of the rotation innings eater. He also fills the Coster spot since a movie/baseball crossover without Costner is wrong.

Also, even at the end of his career, Billy Chapel has perfect game stuff.

What about Sylvester Coddmeyer III? I mean, we only see him as a kid, but clearly he's being groomed for success by some high-powered mentors.

• Locked thread