Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some back ground on Kit Dale:

Used to be a bit of a chubby smoker who drank piss and didn't do much with himself. Decided he wanted to get fit and went along with a mate of his to a BJJ class. Got a BJJ Boner pretty much straight away and has been competing ever since. I'm pretty sure he got his black belt very quickly, might have only been 4 or 5 years.

BJJ credentials: 2x World Pro BJJ champion, Brazilian National Champion, Asian Open Champion, Bull Terrior Copa Champion, 2X Silver World Pro Jiu Jitsu, Pan American Bronze, 14X Pan Pacific Champion, 9X Australian National Champion

He also competed against Keenan Cornellius in what was a very, very close match. The thing about drilling is what he claims helped him progress so quickly through bjj. His philosophy is more or less learn a technique and then apply it practising timing and strategy over specific moves when rolling rather than dedicating yourself to drilling the technique over and over. This is something Cornelius stresses too.

He's competed against Paulo Miyao (lost to on advantage given in the last 5 seconds) I think at the mundials and won a lot of silver. I'm not sure how he stacks up but he's a real darkhorse in this one to win by submission imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I've never actually seen Kit compete, but based on his record I would say that his level is actually very similar to Garry's; to wit, obviously world class, and competitive against elite competitors, but so far has yet to actually win against an elite competitor.

That said I would be shocked if he submitted Garry, given that Buchecha didn't manage it.

I saw him steam roll all comers at the pan pacific championships last year. He didn't look like he got out of second gear. He's got a really, really effective passing game, and is deceptively fast in his transition. The only guy he didn't tap on his way to winning the championships he smashed on points.

• Locked thread