Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
seems a bit much for a secret santa present, forums poster sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

sports posted:

pagancow hired a female voice actor, then claimed to be a female.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

sports posted:

i do this sometimes, it is ok

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sports posted:

i dont think so. other people claimed he was a female, and he didn't deny it - nor even address it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

that mode should be default but still why can't it just do what I said

It should ask your location and do this maybe you are bad at computers

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Smythe posted:

i dont think so. other people claimed he was a female, and he didn't deny it - nor even address it

yep

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
what if pagancow is actually a female voice actor who wired a video codec nerd

makes u think.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

It should ask your location and do this maybe you are bad at computers

i said it before, it only has two modes, night and day, and yes you can have a slow transition between them but its not the same thing. in summer the sunset is longer than an hour

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
legit wish my ipad would do this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

scroogle nmaps posted:

what if pagancow is actually a female voice actor who wired a video codec nerd

makes u think.

then she should text me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

i said it before, it only has two modes, night and day, and yes you can have a slow transition between them but its not the same thing. in summer the sunset is longer than an hour

Submit a feature request to use a webcam to sense ambient light because I dunno how else you'd get that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Submit a feature request to use a webcam to sense ambient light because I dunno how else you'd get that

oh my fuckin god seriously just "assume" its a sunny day and use your location (it already does) and the time/date to work out sun position and base colour temperatrure off that. simple

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
pagan cow transcends gendereererererererereherhererererhurk

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

echinopsis posted:

oh my fuckin god seriously just "assume" its a sunny day and use your location (it already does) and the time/date to work out sun position and base colour temperatrure off that. simple

so at night would the screen be completely dark?

that way we wouldn't have to put u pwith your posts for at least a few hours out of the day

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

It uses your location to get the sunrise and sunset times off noaa or something they're not using and not trying to write any type of algorithm for that I'm sure alternatively submit a patch yo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Glass posted:

so at night would the screen be completely dark?

that way we wouldn't have to put u pwith your posts for at least a few hours out of the day

moonlight dawg!

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Smythe posted:

lol

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i set mine to turn red ever ~25 days

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

echinopsis posted:

i agree it needs way finer grained settings so it changes colors on a curve and not just becomes dark at sunset

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
can someone please mod f.lux so it just slowly palette shifts over the course of the day

i really need to feel like i'm constantly in an acid flashback tia

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Blue Train posted:

It uses your location to get the sunrise and sunset times off noaa or something they're not using and not trying to write any type of algorithm for that I'm sure alternatively submit a patch yo

sounds like a good way to trigge repilepsy on an overcast day

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
deliberately disabled f.lux tonight because I want to stay up :twisted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hardcore

this thread reminded me I hadn't installed it since I last reinstalled! done

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I thought pagancow was a lady too but then someone told me she was a dude so now I guess that's what he is now

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
f.lux is great for if you'd wanted everything to look pinker

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
perfect

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

flux with the mac

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Elder Postsman posted:

f.lux is literally the best computer program every created. I love it so much. it's just great.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Those wanting a gradual progression may want to try redshift

wiki posted:

Redshift can be used to set a permanent color temperature and a permanent brightness, so call one shot mode. But it calls adjust the temperature and brightness continuously to follow the Sun's elevation.[3] When appling adjustments continuously it will transition from day mode to night mode between slightly before sunset (more precisely, when the Sun is 3° above the horizon) and civil dusk (6° below the horizon), respectively; and from night mode to day mode between civil dawn (6° below the horizon) and slightly after sunrise (more precisely, 3° above the horizon).[3] The temperature and brightness settings for daytime and night can be configured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

Those wanting a gradual progression may want to try redshift

I use redshift at work kuz u can install it via apt

• Locked thread