Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

that mode should be default but still why can't it just do what I said

It should ask your location and do this maybe you are bad at computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

i said it before, it only has two modes, night and day, and yes you can have a slow transition between them but its not the same thing. in summer the sunset is longer than an hour

Submit a feature request to use a webcam to sense ambient light because I dunno how else you'd get that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

echinopsis posted:

oh my fuckin god seriously just "assume" its a sunny day and use your location (it already does) and the time/date to work out sun position and base colour temperatrure off that. simple

It uses your location to get the sunrise and sunset times off noaa or something they're not using and not trying to write any type of algorithm for that I'm sure alternatively submit a patch yo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Those wanting a gradual progression may want to try redshift

wiki posted:

Redshift can be used to set a permanent color temperature and a permanent brightness, so call one shot mode. But it calls adjust the temperature and brightness continuously to follow the Sun's elevation.[3] When appling adjustments continuously it will transition from day mode to night mode between slightly before sunset (more precisely, when the Sun is 3° above the horizon) and civil dusk (6° below the horizon), respectively; and from night mode to day mode between civil dawn (6° below the horizon) and slightly after sunrise (more precisely, 3° above the horizon).[3] The temperature and brightness settings for daytime and night can be configured.

• Locked thread