Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
I was on a train going from Stockholm to Abisko, which should have taken about 7 hours. I'm pretty decent at sleeping on trains but the person next to me informed me that she absolutely could not, so I asked her to jab me in the ribs when we got there because I was going to pass out. I woke up and assumed it'd only been six hours, but then I learned that I'd been asleep for 10 hours. The woman next to me didn't forget to wake me, we just hadn't gotten there. 4 hours later, a voice came over the PA and Swedish happened. I then asked this lady to explain what he said and she informed me that the train wasn't going to make it to Abisko and they'd hired coaches for us.

The worst thing that's happened to me though was easter weekend this year. I was getting on a train to go from London to Brussels. I got there about an hour early just in case anything went wrong getting there. I'm used to waiting, it was fine. Well then I learned there was a two hour delay because someone killed themselves by jumping on the high speed line in France. Whatever, three hours, fine. An hour later, someone in England had killed themselves the same way. So we've got two closed tracks. To make matters worse, half the chunnel was closed for maintenance. They were instructing us to queue based on what time we were supposed to have boarded, but then five hours after my train was supposed to have left, they said everyone just get in the queue and they'd just load up trains as they came in. This queue, I've never seen anything like it. London St Pancras is a very long station, it takes several minutes to walk from one side to the other. This queue wrapped up and down the station four times before going out the door. I got in the queue about midway through that and queued for seven hours. It was loving miserable. I got he last train of the night, and there were still hundreds of people in the queue. gently caress Easter travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread