Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

I think Mikujin that vid marks the true end of either of us getting to enjoy toplane Kench ever again. I mean, he's been on ban status for a bazillion years and they're gonna crush him with nerfs but it was fun to play that while nobody was noticing how good it is.

I have gotten to play him twice in ranked this week (and crushed both those games as a result). That being said, if the PBE nerfs do go through that's a big slingshot in the opposite direction given the spike in power at 6 will be considerably less. He may still be viable because E is still just so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think they're talking about hitting the shield duration too or some aspect of the E on the most recent iteration of the pbe

tagged his passive duration from 7 to 5 and that 2/4/6% nerf is going to be live with 6.2, so it's going to hurt him a shitload

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I have never ever played Tham Kench but that video and its upbeat beats make me wanna do so.

Also as a side question I have a mate who is having amazing success with Heimer top with Zz'rot. I stopped playing with Zz'rot was introduced and have never seen a reason to get it: what's it for and why is it so good in Silver top games?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It pushes really hard if you place it somewhere you can protect it. In games of GROUP MID ALL MID GO MID it gets free objectives

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

I think they're talking about hitting the shield duration too or some aspect of the E on the most recent iteration of the pbe

tagged his passive duration from 7 to 5 and that 2/4/6% nerf is going to be live with 6.2, so it's going to hurt him a shitload

Losing out on 20-40 damage per auto at max level is gonna be kinda lovely, but not crippling. A big part of Tahm's ground game is tripping you up with Q slows/stuns and removing your ability to fight back with W. So long as they don't touch the base damage on W and the shield values/duration on E, I'll continue to pick him if he's open.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Just saw Tamat at my gym welp thats my story thanks for listening

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
my 7 day exp booster ran out and i was distracted by other games so i'm only 2/3 of the way to level 28 :negative:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

amazeballs posted:

my 7 day exp booster ran out and i was distracted by other games so i'm only 2/3 of the way to level 28 :negative:

whats ur username i need to level a character to 30 too

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gridlocked posted:

I have never ever played Tham Kench but that video and its upbeat beats make me wanna do so.

Also as a side question I have a mate who is having amazing success with Heimer top with Zz'rot. I stopped playing with Zz'rot was introduced and have never seen a reason to get it: what's it for and why is it so good in Silver top games?

It shits out void minions that scale with your defensive stats while it's up. It's a pretty good defensive item in and of itself thanks to how much armor and magic resist it gets. The void minions make lanes push very hard if it gets left alone so if the other team ignores it they'll lose towers to it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kingcobweb posted:

It pushes really hard if you place it somewhere you can protect it. In games of GROUP MID ALL MID GO MID it gets free objectives

So every silver game ever

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mikujin posted:

Losing out on 20-40 damage per auto at max level is gonna be kinda lovely, but not crippling. A big part of Tahm's ground game is tripping you up with Q slows/stuns and removing your ability to fight back with W. So long as they don't touch the base damage on W and the shield values/duration on E, I'll continue to pick him if he's open.

it also shaves off damage off all of his abilities too

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

It's happening.

e; I lost. This games so hard.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 27, 2016

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Methanar posted:

It's happening

ganbatte Methanar

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Biowarfare posted:

whats ur username i need to level a character to 30 too

You should know it's my only account and while I haven't played ranked to know for sure (obv), I'm probably playing at a silver level of competency. If that doesn't deter you, it's Nanker Phelge.

If that does deter you it's ok, no hard feelings.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Be careful biowarfareware is a hacker. And if he doesn't hack you h*'ll make a robot Twitter account mix up your posts and have you say things like I love hitler. Which you never said

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

just play lane pressure nunu and you will carry 5 warmogs vlad

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
That guy owns. He's following his dreams.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

Be careful biowarfareware is a hacker. And if he doesn't hack you h*'ll make a robot Twitter account mix up your posts and have you say things like I love hitler. Which you never said

Thanks for the heads up corn of egg

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

This just in Quinn is still totally fair.

That is all.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

This just in Quinn is still totally fair.

That is all.

Poor Darius, that has to be an abominable matchup for him. Would you mostly play Quinn against tanky meelee bruisers and try to avoid against going against more bursty folk like Fiora or what? I don't play Quinn, so I'm legitimately curious.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I kind of get why they are really strict on which division you end up in after placement games. I went 5-5 and dropped from plat 2 to gold 5.
After 6 games, I'm already up to gold 3, though, so that kinda defeats the whole point of dropping almost 10 brackets.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I love Hitler.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Zaodai posted:

Poor Darius, that has to be an abominable matchup for him. Would you mostly play Quinn against tanky meelee bruisers and try to avoid against going against more bursty folk like Fiora or what? I don't play Quinn, so I'm legitimately curious.
yeah she mainly destroys tanks and bruisers. she's bad against stuff like wukong and panth that can force her to fight them. pretty decent vs fiora though, i'd say that's a skill matchup now (rip old fiora)

amazeballs posted:

I love Hitler.

same actually

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
What's good against Nasus? I can poop on his lane with Olaf but I feel like I can't teamfight as well as I'd like to particularly if people aren't on the same page since he's completely all in and doesn't have meaningful peel. I used to run Gnar into that but the last 5 times I've lost that one hard.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I bet you Graves shits on Nasus since you don't super duper care about Wither and you can gently caress with him with smoke screen.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Stupid Baby posted:

What's good against Nasus? I can poop on his lane with Olaf but I feel like I can't teamfight as well as I'd like to particularly if people aren't on the same page since he's completely all in and doesn't have meaningful peel. I used to run Gnar into that but the last 5 times I've lost that one hard.

Bruisers with good bases, I would think. Somebody that can make him work for his early money and stacks. Graves obviously (because he shits on everyone), Malphite would be decent. Renekton works him over early but drops off later. Or go full counter-troll pick and play Singed. :getin:

[EDIT] Ultimately, Big Dog is going to eat eventually. To quote Dan Patrick, "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him."

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 27, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

A Stupid Baby posted:

if you don't like gnar..

graves / quinn / renekton to pressure him early and not let him stack up

malphite if you don't care and just want to be better / more useful in team fights

voli if you want to play a tank that actually has a good early game

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Renekton into nasus is actually not as good for renekton as you'd think. You naturally push the wave into his tower building fury/doing your combo and then he just farms under turret

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Darius is good against nasus. Panth will bully him off the creeps entirely and can freeze but falls behind if you can't get your team ahead.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I got an account placed in silver 2 and some people here are pretty salty when they lose horribly, let me tell you

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Yeah Renekton was always a bit of an iffy pick unless you really knew your poo poo. Olaf works very very well for denying Nasus, I just feel like he's underwhelming at contributing to the team sometimes, and the nerf to Tiamat hurts. Malphite is something I'll try and maybe Darius too although wither seems like it would be a problem since his aspd is already so bad. Cleaver reliant champs in particular just seem kind of iffy vs Nasus since he's going to rush a FH anyway

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Yeah Renekton was always a bit of an iffy pick unless you really knew your poo poo. Olaf works very very well for denying Nasus, I just feel like he's underwhelming at contributing to the team sometimes, and the nerf to Tiamat hurts. Malphite is something I'll try and maybe Darius too although wither seems like it would be a problem since his aspd is already so bad. Cleaver reliant champs in particular just seem kind of iffy vs Nasus since he's going to rush a FH anyway

In Darius case, he gets enough attacks out to make Nasus have a bad time. Cleave adds his bleeds, his W is an AA reset and a slow of its own, etc. It may not be Old Darius, but it's got more sustain so there's that.

On an unrelated note, I enjoyed pre-rework Darius even if he was very feast or famine. They should add a champ that is just old Darius kit. They could even make it Darius and Draven's dad or something. Darius Sr., the true "Old Darius". Plus he would be so stupid with new masteries and items.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i feel like you sorta have to mention rene vs nasus just becaue it's probably the most iconic top lane matchup, like ahri vs zed is for mid lane. (even if renek and nasus haven't been played much for a few seasons now)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't like how ranked is on top. :(

https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/collectibles/plush/panda-teemo.html?utm_source=client&utm_medium=t2banner&utm_campaign=lunar%20revel
/(◉౪◉)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
jax, fiora, quinn are all fine vs nasus

Lovechop posted:

i feel like you sorta have to mention rene vs nasus just becaue it's probably the most iconic top lane matchup, like ahri vs zed is for mid lane. (even if renek and nasus haven't been played much for a few seasons now)

i think this is actually any combo of rene shyv and shen vs each other

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Zaodai posted:

Play her into like... Anyone who can't 100-0 with a clean gap-closer (e.g. Malphite).

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

Play her into like... Anyone who can't 100-0 with a clean gap-closer (e.g. Malphite).

So Wukong and Malphite, maybe Riven? Kind of curious how she does against Graves, honestly. Her flip should help against his dash, and she's got longer range, but his ult contributes more to a fight and he gets a bunch of free stats. Have you played that matchup?

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I like to counter Nasus by just playing and he's a real poo poo champ so generally he loses

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Verviticus posted:

i think this is actually any combo of rene shyv and shen vs each other

mundo vs shyvana was also a high point for us all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
104 kills in 33 minutes