Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

exethan posted:

I assumed you would just stay in bear form

Nah you Maxed W then Q and Put a point into Phoenix whenever. Grabbed a HoG, Philo and a vamp scepter and just became an immovable object.

RIP Turtle Stance returning mana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Ahaahahahaahahahahaha someone in the AMA thread for the Twitch Streampocolypse put down an essay on 'why haven't you banned Kaceytron' instead of asking a good question.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cwfu2/i_am_twitch_ceo_emmett_shear_ask_me_almost/cjjocnw

Gameof_Bones posted:

She is also quoted in her previous broadcast as saying she abides to all Twitch T&C's time: 2:43:31
While she may be hosting gaming related content, her webcam content is extremely obscene, indecent, lewd and suggestive. The way she also speaks to her viewers in chat is inflammatory and a lot of times she is abusive to any criticism she is giving, this can be said about the people in her chat too.

During this stream, it was also noted that a member of Twitch staff and a Twitch admin were viewing the stream for around 30 minutes and no action was taken of any kind. (sorry no screen shot)

How can this be justified when someone is showing complete disregard to your T&C's and is profiting from it without consequences?
p.s Thanks for doing this AMA, it's given us all a chance to ask what we want to :)

Edit: Just to be clear , this is about someone who is breaking a websites T&C's in more than one place and getting away with it whereas other user will have the ban hammer slapped down on them for much more minor things. Not that she has boobs.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Nah you Maxed W then Q and Put a point into Phoenix whenever. Grabbed a HoG, Philo and a vamp scepter and just became an immovable object.
RIP Bankplank, never forget :pirate:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Tonetta posted:

Muramana on ryze is not so bad, if your team somehow has too much ap on it.

I can't say for sure now but back when muramana was first out, it was actually flat out better than its' ap counterpart in every way, minus the shield. This may be outdated.

For once, Darth Windu isnt trolling I think??

I never troll. Im sometimes wrong, but i never troll.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

While I appreciate the effort, it's very clearly not worthy of debate that Seraph/AA is a better item on Ryze. As a front line mage he needs the shield. As a caster with 3 AP/mana hybrid ratio abilities he's probably the single best champion in the game for the AA staff. Probably the only champion in the game that should ever build the AA staff. Should just call it Ryze's Crystal Scepter. He has very middle of the pack base AD values, isn't going to build any other AD items which would synergize with Muramana, and so the activation of it is going to be completely useless.

Ryze isn't for killing towers. At no point should you concern your item build on him with that aspect of gameplay. He soaks AND pours out damage in fights with tons of AOE, lockdown, spell vamp, and utility. If you were really obsessed with the idea of tower killing you could go for a 5th item Lich Bane or something but that would still be dumb because Ryze just isn't any good at killing towers.

It's pretty indisputable that Ryze is the best champion to use Archangel's, what I find disputable is that it's better for him than Muramana if you're picking which item to build after your Tear. The basic math I ran shows that Muramana is going to provide way more raw damage from its activations than Archangel's is going to provide from its AP. Since both items give 1000 Mana, we don't need to compare the mana bonus that Ryze gets to his spells from them, since it's the same either way.

The only AD stat that synergizes with Muramana's activation is armor penetration. Ryze's obviously not going to build Last Whisper or Brutalizer, but Muramana can benefit from armor shred that's present on his team. There's no lack of armor shred in the game right now.

Having middle of the pack AD values doesn't devalue +91 AD. 91 AD is 91 AD no matter how much AD you had in the first place. What affects the value of that AD is your attack speed, your critical chance, and your armor penetration. Ryze has middle-of-the-pack attack speed values, and isn't going to ever build crit or arpen. He's about as neutral a platform for incidental AD as it gets.

And, christ, if you're one of those players who refuse to throw out autoattacks in a fight just because "I'm a support" or "I'm a mage" or refuse to help plink towers because "I'm not the marksman" then I hate you with the ferocity of a thousand frozen hells. Every last bit helps, and every last bit matters. There's no reason to not squeeze as much out of your champion as possible.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Wasn't Muramana much better for Ryze back when it dealt magic damage?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hilariously op*

E;overtuned*

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Clearly the answer is to buy both. Can you stack two tears at the same time?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sexpansion posted:

Nope, or you'd see lots of champs do this.

The second one charges when the first one is done charging.

edit: Feral flare stacks are also unique per machete.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

No. You need to finish one and build it into something before you start stacking another.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Well then it would be really impressive if you finished both. I have a mission for tonight.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sexpansion posted:

Well then it would be really impressive if you finished both. I have a mission for tonight.

It takes reeeaaaaal long time and there are only a handful of champions that can spam hard enough to actually do it. There are also only a handful of champions that can actually use it properly. However, it's extremely satisfying to accomplish and hilarious to watch people try to kill you through your gigantic shield while you pound on them like a freight train.

edit: Total out of just the items, disregarding champion mana, is 2,000 mana, 65 AD, 0 to 60 damage per attack and single target spell, 120 AP, and a 0 to 400 HP shield. Just gets bigger based on champion mana and any other mana stuff you buy a long the way. Ryze in particular gets 1,240 mana inherently at level 18. That's a total of 3,240, which is over a 50% increase to all that stuff. Good luck lasting long enough to get to that point, though, in that you're paying for an item slot that would probably do well to have some resists in it and the opportunity cost of finishing defensive items later/not buying them in the first place. Double tear builds are more hilarious than actually effective.

Throw in a Rod of Ages and that's 3,990 mana, the ultimate in glass cannon Ryze that will never run dry, ever.

ToxicSlurpee fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 8, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
*presses 3*

*900 hp shield appears*

Outplayed

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Sexpansion posted:

Hmm...

With perfect timing, you can stack a tear in 750 seconds (4 seconds per cast, you can cast twice per 8 seconds). Ryze requires targets to cast, so that's going to mean a lot of time where he's unable to stack even if the timer is up (walking back to lane, minion wave has been obliterated), so I'd target more like 1000 seconds. HOWEVER, you gain faster with the upgraded form of each, so if you earn those halfway through stacking, you'd cut a third-ish of your time, so like 700~ seconds for Staff, probably 800 for Manamune.

So, 25 minutes seems about right if you had unlimited mana, no lane opponent, and perfect (to like .1 second) timing. So in a real game, we're easily talking 40-45 minutes.

I don't think it's a good strategy, but Ryze is going to hurt the other guy a lot once he's got both.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Phuzzy posted:

Ahaahahahaahahahahaha someone in the AMA thread for the Twitch Streampocolypse put down an essay on 'why haven't you banned Kaceytron' instead of asking a good question.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cwfu2/i_am_twitch_ceo_emmett_shear_ask_me_almost/cjjocnw

jesus christ, do nerds really think it's 'indecent' to wear a low cut top

kacey owns

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Brannock posted:

It's pretty indisputable that Ryze is the best champion to use Archangel's, what I find disputable is that it's better for him than Muramana if you're picking which item to build after your Tear. The basic math I ran shows that Muramana is going to provide way more raw damage from its activations than Archangel's is going to provide from its AP. Since both items give 1000 Mana, we don't need to compare the mana bonus that Ryze gets to his spells from them, since it's the same either way.

Damage isn't the only aspect, the Shield counts for a TON, especially given Ryze's short range, even so, the staff STILL provides more damage. So like :riot:

quote:

The only AD stat that synergizes with Muramana's activation is armor penetration. Ryze's obviously not going to build Last Whisper or Brutalizer, but Muramana can benefit from armor shred that's present on his team. There's no lack of armor shred in the game right now.

There's not enough Armor Shred in the universe to make AD Ryze rip it up.

quote:

Having middle of the pack AD values doesn't devalue +91 AD. 91 AD is 91 AD no matter how much AD you had in the first place. What affects the value of that AD is your attack speed, your critical chance, and your armor penetration. Ryze has middle-of-the-pack attack speed values, and isn't going to ever build crit or arpen. He's about as neutral a platform for incidental AD as it gets.

As a neutral platform for AD itemization what exactly makes you think you should itemize for it on him? Especially considering that he's basically the single most perfect platform for Mana/AP itemization in the game and there is a comparable item that does exactly that.

quote:

And, christ, if you're one of those players who refuse to throw out autoattacks in a fight just because "I'm a support" or "I'm a mage" or refuse to help plink towers because "I'm not the marksman" then I hate you with the ferocity of a thousand frozen hells. Every last bit helps, and every last bit matters. There's no reason to not squeeze as much out of your champion as possible.

It didn't take long to get to hyperbole in this thread. Of course everyone attacks towers, but no one is stop watch clocking a champion like Ryze's "tower kill speed".

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

HOWEVER, you gain faster with the upgraded form of each, so if you earn those halfway through stacking, you'd cut a third-ish of your time, so like 700~ seconds for Staff, probably 800 for Manamune.

This isn't quite true for Manamune. Not on Ryze, anyway. The potential for increased stacking on Manamune comes from the fact that you can charge it through autos as well as spells, but with Ryze's cooldowns you will get 0 benefit from this.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Have any of you guys tried out Kha'zix since they buffed his Q damage in (I think) 4.12? I've seen him played a few times in pro/challenger games and they seem to be evolving W first now. I think you'd want to go back to building him more or less full damage for solo queue now?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

NTT posted:

Hilariously op*

E;overtuned*

nah it was more op casters like galio and annie got nerfed if anything. please check your facts, man

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Previous Jesus posted:

Have any of you guys tried out Kha'zix since they buffed his Q damage in (I think) 4.12? I've seen him played a few times in pro/challenger games and they seem to be evolving W first now. I think you'd want to go back to building him more or less full damage for solo queue now?

Pretty much, yeah. He seems viable now.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Libertine posted:

Damage isn't the only aspect, the Shield counts for a TON, especially given Ryze's short range, even so, the staff STILL provides more damage. So like :riot:

As a neutral platform for AD itemization what exactly makes you think you should itemize for it on him? Especially considering that he's basically the single most perfect platform for Mana/AP itemization in the game and there is a comparable item that does exactly that.

It didn't take long to get to hyperbole in this thread. Of course everyone attacks towers, but no one is stop watch clocking a champion like Ryze's "tower kill speed".

Clearly you aren't rad enough to build swords on everyone

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

All of Udyr's skins are the exact same thing: Udyr Udyr.

Yeah, I jumped on it as soon as it came out because I was riding the Udyr train pretty hard, and I was happy with it for a while. Then I realized: I have Astronautilus, which is sweet--Nautilus gets an astronaut theme. I have Super Teemo, which is cool too--Teemo gets dressed up as a superhero. Blackthorne Morg, also cool, Morgana as a forest witch. What is Spirit Guard Udyr? Udyr with a theme of...animal spirits that give him strength. Hm. How is that any different from regular Udyr? Oh right, it cost 20 bucks.

Shoulda been his free visual update.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

You can also charge a third tear once you've finished your Muramana and your Seraph's.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Giodo! posted:

You can also charge a third tear once you've finished your Muramana and your Seraph's.

If the game goes on long enough for somebody to charge three tears both teams already lost.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Giodo! posted:

If you charge a third tear you get Refresher Orb right?

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 8, 2014

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Previous Jesus posted:

Yeah he plays just like super old Kha'Zix now which is the one I liked, just missile volley the gently caress out of people and jungle camps and cruise around having a good time.

QWE then R>W>Q>E with W evolved first, E evolved second, and whatever you want evolved third.

I copy Diamondprox's exact build:
http://www.probuilds.net/guide/EUW/1610557153/20234739

Items are:

#1: Lizard Elder
#2: Mobi Boots or Merc Treads
#3: Brutalizer/Hexdrinker
#4: GA
#5: Maw
...and whatever else.

Feels really fun to play, and is sufficiently survivable with the Maw/GA combination as well as his missile rack healing and mobility.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

When did "Muramana gives Ryze's spells comparable punch to Archangel's, and also has a good side effect of giving him a crapload of AD" become "AD Ryze"?

+90-190 physical damage per Q/W adds up really quickly, especially at the speed you can fire out Overloads.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I decided to look up the OGN runes and masteries and I see that they all seem to run scaling health seals instead of armor, but probuilds shows that basically all NA and EU pros are still running armor seals. Is this a metagame thing or has no one else caught on yet?

I actually see a lot of scaling health seals on a few roles in OGN.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

glomkettle posted:

This isn't quite true for Manamune. Not on Ryze, anyway. The potential for increased stacking on Manamune comes from the fact that you can charge it through autos as well as spells, but with Ryze's cooldowns you will get 0 benefit from this.

Huh, didn't it used to be +6, or am I thinking of something else?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

I decided to look up the OGN runes and masteries and I see that they all seem to run scaling health seals instead of armor, but probuilds shows that basically all NA and EU pros are still running armor seals. Is this a metagame thing or has no one else caught on yet?

Seems like the smart EU players run health seals e.g. http://www.probuilds.net/rekkles

Also: http://www.probuilds.net/hai

All the really good players seem to be running health not armor. The exception is jungle, where you should probably still be running armor yellows.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 8, 2014

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Libertine posted:

Yeah he plays just like super old Kha'Zix now which is the one I liked, just missile volley the gently caress out of people and jungle camps and cruise around having a good time.

QWE then R>W>Q>E with W evolved first, E evolved second, and whatever you want evolved third.

I copy Diamondprox's exact build:
http://www.probuilds.net/guide/EUW/1610557153/20234739

Items are:

#1: Lizard Elder
#2: Mobi Boots or Merc Treads
#3: Brutalizer/Hexdrinker
#4: GA
#5: Maw
...and whatever else.

Feels really fun to play, and is sufficiently survivable with the Maw/GA combination as well as his missile rack healing and mobility.

I wish you could see the spell evolve order for Kha'zix on probuilds (unless you can somehow and I'm dumb?). Meteos and Amazing seem to max Q before W but I don't know if they're also evolving Q or still evolving W.

e: Hmm, Kakao put 2 points in Q and then maxed W one game. That might be worth trying.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

It depends on the role, you'd have to be more specific. Scaling runes are much better in the solo lanes because you get more experience/levels faster to break them. Flat seals are much better in bot lane because your experience gain is stifled by being in a duo.

The only solo laners you should flat Seal/Glyph are probably Melee (carry/assassin) champions who will have tough early matchups and need that extra early power to survive to Level 6 or who want to all-in relentlessly pre-6.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Keep in mind that while OGN runes/masteries are designed around team play, probuilds only tracks soloqueue.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Did something happen with the servers? I tried to start an ARAM match, but it hung on the pick screen and never actually loaded the match. Tried restarting the client, got a login queue, and now I'm stuck at the reconnect dialog.

Got into the match, but only a couple other players are in.

The Pickles
Apr 9, 2011

You should try this wonderful lunch. It's more than a delicious tasty crunch.

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, I jumped on it as soon as it came out because I was riding the Udyr train pretty hard, and I was happy with it for a while. Then I realized: I have Astronautilus, which is sweet--Nautilus gets an astronaut theme. I have Super Teemo, which is cool too--Teemo gets dressed up as a superhero. Blackthorne Morg, also cool, Morgana as a forest witch. What is Spirit Guard Udyr? Udyr with a theme of...animal spirits that give him strength. Hm. How is that any different from regular Udyr? Oh right, it cost 20 bucks.

Shoulda been his free visual update.

Udyr cosplaying as Khal Drogo?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
edit nevermind, i dont want to get in on that

Yukari posted:

Wasn't Muramana much better for Ryze back when it dealt magic damage?

yeah. i dont remember if the change was prompted by casters building muramana, or them wanting ad champs to build it but i remember people talking about scary things like "muramana syndra"

slydingdoor posted:

Even without items everyone's armor scales to become greater than their MR. Since Ryze does 99% of his damage as magic he's never going to build arpen or pick hybrid pen runes.

hybrid pen is fine. extra auto attack damage in a lane with mostly melee characters is good enough to justify it

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Aug 8, 2014

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I mean when they changed it to physical damage, it made Jayce and co a LOT better, though I honestly forget what other ADs built Muramana. Khazix back when his evolved W was ridiculously good?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Heavyweight Udyr, he wears a huge belt and some sweet shades and boxes the poo poo out of people.

Oh man, an Ivan DragoUdyr (which would disable you from taking his R skill) would be awesome.

So many possibilities - when you kill someone, he says, "If he dies, he dies."

Get killed, he says, "He's not human, he's like a piece of iron."

So many possibilities for his taunt. "You will lose." "I win for me. FOR ME!"

His E form could be him in a pair of shorts and a wife beater, with the "nah-nah-nah-nah" music in the background.

So wonderful. This needs to happen.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I have the strangest urge to make a Quinn gimmick account, possibly because I hate myself and want other people to feel the same pain???

Anyone got a good gimmick amount name? I remember a pretty pro tier string of Quinn puns in the last thread.

Also I know Janna is still out of favor but holy crap I love playing her. You can get surprisingly aggressive with her e and people for some reason get completely terrified and tend to not punish it like they probably should. Low elo lyfe I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Also I know Janna is still out of favor but holy crap I love playing her. You can get surprisingly aggressive with her e and people for some reason get completely terrified and tend to not punish it like they probably should. Low elo lyfe I guess

She's not out of favor she's just an old champion and people forget about her because she doesn't see professional play very often.

She has the highest Diamond support win rate in the entire game. High elo lyfe?

• Locked thread