Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

That seems to be a problem on my end too.

http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/summoner/na/54870859/skins

I don't remember the last time I updated those stats, so I might be close to 2 mil by now. :smith:

Edit: Oh, it's there at the bottom, two months ago.

Falconer fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Falconer posted:

That seems to be a problem on my end too.

http://www.elophant.com/league-of-legends/summoner/na/54870859/skins

I don't remember the last time I updated those stats, so I might be close to 2 mil by now. :smith:

Edit: Oh, it's there at the bottom, two months ago.

i haven't updated mine for 9 months, gonna refresh it when i get home and see how much i deserve the sweet embrace of death..

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

I own 309 skins.

Why yes I am suicidal.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Or you're like me and spending 20-30 bucks a month for neato skins in a dumb MOBA game is a drop in the bucket because you have a real life grown up job

Hell I spend more on a wine club membership each month and just throw the unopened bottles away once they stack up past a certain point

Almost literally throwing money away

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Gibberish posted:

Or you're like me and spending 20-30 bucks a month for neato skins in a dumb MOBA game is a drop in the bucket because you have a real life grown up job

Hell I spend more on a wine club membership each month and just throw the unopened bottles away once they stack up past a certain point

wow you sound like a really cool person

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Gibberish posted:

Not having kids must be amazing for budgetary seppuku.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I was going to buy battlecast skarner but then he doesnt say "feel my sting"

whats the point?

fnox
May 19, 2013

AP ezreal is viable until next patch

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3bwv14/runeglaive_no_longer_procs_ludens_on_pbe/csqfc0f

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe they will get away from the "jungler only summoner" that used to be smite and make it a tool that works great for junglers but good for laners as well, maybe make it so you can jungle without a specific jungler?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Maybe they will get away from the "jungler only summoner" that used to be smite and make it a tool that works great for junglers but good for laners as well, maybe make it so you can jungle without a specific jungler?

no the jungle and a jungler are a kinda core part of the game design

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

no the jungle and a jungler are a kinda core part of the game design

But I'm talking bout strategic diversity.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
im talking game design diversity from That Other Game

go play that

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I was going to buy battlecast skarner but then he doesnt say "feel my sting"

whats the point?

/d

nothing else needs to be said

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Hey guys I have been practicing Vlad and I am having fun but not entirely sure I am getting it right. I typically build Wota first although I built an armguard into Wota against a Zed, but I am never sure what I should be building when I am getting ahead. Rylai's seems fine when behind, but his build path doesn't seem obvious to me at all in any situation.

Also I am not sure how laning should be going for me because nobody has been punishing the long CD on my Q at early levels.

I run scaling CDR blues when I play vlad and usually go wota into armguard / sorc shoes into deathcap/void/spirit visage or abyssal. If you get really far ahead just go death cap if not go void first. Lots of magic damage to deal with then go for abyssal void probably.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
someone on reddit got a mystery skin from the team up poo poo and lo and behold it turns out you can get Pool Party Mundo from that

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
IMO Taric is a cool and good and underrated champion and probably should get picked a bit more than he does

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Gibberish posted:

How much money do you make?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

For him to get picked more, he needs to do more. That is not going to happen with his current kit and numbers, unless full AD compositions are going to be a thing. So the waiting for the eventual Taric rework continues.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I think the lack of popularity is due to him both being fairly boring to play comparatively and also having a fairly outdated character model.

That said, while full AD is preferable, Taric has enough usefulness outside of his W's aura to function against a 3AP/2AD team. His healing is 2nd only to Soraka and paired with FotM can give any one target an effective 500-600 HP. His damage is also hard to ignore, if you let him weave his spells on you then the passive armor-ratio sheen adds up quick.

But without any mobility, displacements, or play maker moves he's probably just not that sought after. The only reason I play Taric over Janna is because E>Auto>R>Auto>W>ignite is a great way to have fun watching a health bar melt.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

pog boyfriend posted:

league of legends challenge: win a game with the nami build "extra ratios fish" which is not allowed to be played as a support. you may get boots at any time you desire. first item is hextech gunblade, second item is blade of the ruined king, third item is ludens echo, fourth item is lich bane, last item is nashors tooth.

Nami's waveclear is bad )=

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sometimes I think I play too much Tryndamere in ranked.

But then I'm like "Nah."

I am sad that my LP gains in plat 3 died down a bit, though. My first couple of games back from holiday were pretty rough and gains tanked from 26 to that. (It was warranted, I got 111 CS in 20 minutes one game, gross.)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

:captainpop:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

See, you have to kill ALL the minions to win. They're on the enemy team, after all.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

I see that C9 Same is smurfing as CLG Ethan up on that Malphite.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Libertine posted:

Who is C9 Same?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

league of legends challenge: win a game with the nami build "extra ratios fish" which is not allowed to be played as a support. you may get boots at any time you desire. first item is hextech gunblade, second item is blade of the ruined king, third item is ludens echo, fourth item is lich bane, last item is nashors tooth.

I cheated though, it's ARAM. But you didn't specify so I still win.

EDIT: Also it ended before full build so that's all you get.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I was having fun playing support with Soraka, then I bought Sona.

Sona is like all the fun parts of playing soraka, but you heal your dumbass teammates with mana instead of with health so when they run out and almost kill themselves, you don't have to bleed yourself to make up for their mistakes. I love it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

thos were mikujin games

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's a joke guys god drat

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Libertine posted:

Sorry I don't follow competitive league stuff at all so it was over my head I was just confused. :smith:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hey goons, how do you stop tilting in the middle of a game? I have a serious problem where I get into a ranked game, things start losing and I start sucking, and then I want to yell at myself and profusely apologize. Sometimes I rage at other players but mostly I just get mad at myself for making mistakes and losing the game.

After I lose that game I feel awful and am smart enough to take a break (usually until tomorrow, until the cycle repeats) but I just don't know how to control myself in the moment. My emotions just drive me nuts and I wish I was able to be chill like most people.

Like I really want to make a push for diamond (in plat III atm) this season but I keep playing really swingy (win a few, lose a few, can't get consistent), and I just really don't know how to stay calm during a game. The worst games are the ones where things start going wrong from the first ten minutes.

Has anyone else gone through this, and any tips for staying calm? I'm a little bit better in regular games though sometimes I lose my cool (and then feel awful again afterwards).

What's weirder is that in like any other facet of life (work, personal, etc) people would describe me as a super chill, friendly guy, but I don't get why games just bring this absolute monster out of me =/

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 4, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Calm down and focus on farming and map control and cede xp/farm/map presence to the enemy if they have a numbers or massive vision advantage. Make them turret dive you or go for a risky play and see if you can stage a comeback off that. Try not to focus on the idiot mistakes of your team mates because you generally aren't going to be able to prevent them. If you're raging in chat to your team stop doing that

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Seek psychiatric assistance.

Or realize it's just a game.

E: Or drink. I've been doing that lately when I play and man it means every game is fun.

E2: Also gently caress ending up at 99 LP, makes me sad. On the plus side, back to 23-27 LP gains per win after making myself look bad, whee.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Libertine posted:

lol

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Mikujin posted:

Seek psychiatric assistance.

Or realize it's just a game.

E: Or drink. I've been doing that lately when I play and man it means every game is fun.

E2: Also gently caress ending up at 99 LP, makes me sad. On the plus side, back to 23-27 LP gains per win after making myself look bad, whee.

Drinking makes it way worse for me I can't play while drunk anymore. I get too mad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Quit getting mad at video games.

:frog:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/95695119/201183569?tab=overview

Is there anything I could have done to stop this game from becoming a complete shitshow, or was the power of Lee Song too much for any man to handle?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ungulateman posted:

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/95695119/201183569?tab=overview

Is there anything I could have done to stop this game from becoming a complete shitshow, or was the power of Lee Song too much for any man to handle?

No; Yes

You could have dodged the game if you were a huge coward

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
First of all you should not have given up first blood, which I assume involved Lee. You were one of the strongest lane bullies in the game against Twitch. You should have been sending him straight back to the fountain every time he even got in XP range of the creeps. If you were 4-0 with 126 CS at the 14 minute mark when Lee started taking over the game instead of 2-1 with whatever you had then, you could have roamed around the map laying waste to everyone the way Lee did. You could have placed more than 6 wards in a 30 minute game. You could have gone 21/9 instead of taking the lovely defensive mastery tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Xachariah posted:

I cheated though, it's ARAM. But you didn't specify so I still win.

EDIT: Also it ended before full build so that's all you get.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Nami's waveclear is bad )=

thank you for attempting my league of legends challenge. i hope to see many others try it in the future so everyone can share in the fun and maybe people on reddit will get mad about weird nami builds or something

• Locked thread