Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Skarner is purple and also not a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skarner is cool because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMLSFF1Re84

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
skarner is a scorpion

possibly made of crystals????

oxidation
May 22, 2011
Skarner has an "AoE" (also known as "Area of Effect") ability.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Skarner's most powerful counter is Tahm Kench. Frog eat bug. Fact of nature.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
skarner misses his home

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Skarner is purple and also not a bug.

He's actually a bug

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Darth Windu posted:

He's actually a bug

He's a scorpion which is an arachnid. :colbert:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if u sit in a bush for 12 seconds as skarner he will sometimes say 'skar skar skarner!'

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
With all this quality posting I'm wondering how effective Skarner would be with 4x Essence Reavers. Sure the unique passive doesn't apply the additional 3 times, but man that's a lot of AD, Lifesteal, and CDR. Skarner loves CDR.

What do you guys think?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

With all this quality posting I'm wondering how effective Skarner would be with 4x Essence Reavers. Sure the unique passive doesn't apply the additional 3 times, but man that's a lot of AD, Lifesteal, and CDR. Skarner loves CDR.

What do you guys think?

A+

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Libertine posted:

What do you guys think?

Better add a wits end for gowby

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
The Gangplank requirements for his icon is balls to get for Act 3, two wins and then after that you need to spend 750 Krakens and buy 15 level 3 upgrades. Even being fed I get maybe one or two level 3 upgrades a game, same for the krakens.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wait, weren't they suppose to be reworking Yorick and Warwick? they even had videos of new skill concepts a year ago.

Couple pages back but it's been made clear a few times that the Champ Update team only has the resources/manpower for one complete redesign (aka 'Sion-tier Update') at a time which is almost definitely what Yorick would be getting. I think they said that after Poppy's done (iirc they said the kit is locked in and they've been working on art assets, so we'll probably get her around september/october range?) It's probably him or Taric next.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Monathin posted:

Couple pages back but it's been made clear a few times that the Champ Update team only has the resources/manpower for one complete redesign (aka 'Sion-tier Update') at a time which is almost definitely what Yorick would be getting. I think they said that after Poppy's done (iirc they said the kit is locked in and they've been working on art assets, so we'll probably get her around september/october range?) It's probably him or Taric next.

If memory serves Yorrick is in the "what the gently caress do we even do here?" category and has had more than one scrapped rework already.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If memory serves Yorrick is in the "what the gently caress do we even do here?" category and has had more than one scrapped rework already.

IronStylus commented on it semi-recently, a week and some odd days or so back.

IronStylus posted:

"Don't expect [Yorick's update] to come out before Poppy/Taric (both are much farther along), but do know that we are working on him and we are not gonna put it down until we finish."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Taric got a ton of support when Ironstylus was just teasing that he might be interested in art assets, so it looks like he's actually jumped a few places in line. Which is great really, I mean Taric is just way better than Yorick, who the gently caress plays Yorick.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Honestly taric is pretty good right now, but only when he can be picked into a 5 AD team and stack 500 armour and hence make his team have 4k extra HP.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

He's too niche, and he's really... well, BORING to play in lane. Once you get out of lane he's more interesting but his laning phase is just awful. He needs... like Soraka-style reworking. Add some more active things to his kit so he's a bit more dynamic and he'll be in a good spot.

e: Sona is a good example here too, as much as people hated it at first she's more fun/skillful to play now than before her rework.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Wait, what's wrong with Yorick? I always thought he had a decent kit and was a fun top to play. What is it that Riot wants to fix on him?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Wait, what's wrong with Yorick? I always thought he had a decent kit and was a fun top to play. What is it that Riot wants to fix on him?

Literally everything. We hope.

e: To be a little bit less snippy, Yorick is pretty much the posterchild for a horrible zero-counterplay lane monster who has limited impact outside of lane. Not to mention that he used to break the game in half every few patches.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 1, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Corbeau nailed it. They hate his unlimited sustain, hate his ult that acts as an immense but awful-feeling force multiplier, and generally really dislike the fact that he harasses without answer due to his slowing and healing ghouls and has bullshit amounts of hidden power from his passive. It's likely not even one of his abilities will survive the remake.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Yorick has always been abusive as poo poo but almost nobody plays him. I don't think I have seen one outside an ARAM in over a year.

Really though if you are playing a game of league you should only play abusive and stifling champions to ruin your enemy's morale.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I just read Jsoh died, c/d?????

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Josh is my favorite champion

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

rip iwata

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I used to pub with him and Rygar back in the day, right after Rick started his tailspin. Old league goons. Wrong place to ask I guess.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

He's a scorpion which is an arachnid. :colbert:

bugs arent insects. insects are bugs and so are arachnids. bugs are icky creepy crawlies with hella legs

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pog boyfriend posted:

bugs arent insects. insects are bugs and so are arachnids. bugs are icky creepy crawlies with hella legs

thank you.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Warwick is LoL's boring, safest, slow jungler to use and it's been that way for ages now.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Gogey, what happened to jsoh? And where's goonlol.com?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Diana when you have your core items is probably my favourite feeling in the world. Devourer junglers are a cute gimmick; I'd rather instantly blow someone up without even needing to use a second ult.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

That reminds me, hows that lol remake coming along? I wanna play all my favorite pre rework champs.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That reminds me, hows that lol remake coming along? I wanna play all my favorite pre rework champs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7WW3SSHb9s

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Gogey, what happened to jsoh? And where's goonlol.com?

He's dead

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
And gay.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This champion is fun.

I maintain that the game mode is bad though.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Can't tell if I'm getting meme'd or not here, but that's too bad if he did. He was in the military wasn't he? That guy was An Alright Guy to play league with, which I can't say about all first gen goons.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
All this poo poo talking about Yorick just makes me want to play him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Don't meme with my feelings dude. I used to bullshit with that guy over voice chat all the time back in s1/s2.... to think that hed befall such a cruel fate................

• Locked thread