Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Previous Jesus posted:

Goatrope? The Halo speedrunner? He's a League goon?

Yup. Used to mod SC2's subforum as well, but doesn't post so much here nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If you see someone lock in Lux, or Nidalee, or any number of un-traditional supports, 9 times out of 10 you need to dodge, because they aren't support players, they have no intention of playing support, they don't want to be there, and they're going to waste what little money they get trying to build damage items and just be an extremely gimped carry.

There's arguments there for Lux support, but most players aren't picking her for the binding, shield, and free brush vision.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

snergle posted:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/GwwM8eR1-malazar-skin-ideas I made a thread on the official forums for the two malz skin ideas. Feel free to up / down vote or w/e the gently caress their system uses.

Malzahar is one of my favorite champions and I really want a new skin for him, but if Riot shits out a hipster skin I will uninstall.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Servaetes posted:

Miku's Yasuo + Clockthief's Vi was like instaban status because holy hell that was a brutal combo.

Every single game those were banned lol

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

If you see someone lock in Lux, or Nidalee, or any number of un-traditional supports, 9 times out of 10 you need to dodge, because they aren't support players, they have no intention of playing support, they don't want to be there, and they're going to waste what little money they get trying to build damage items and just be an extremely gimped carry.

There's arguments there for Lux support, but most players aren't picking her for the binding, shield, and free brush vision.

I was going to, but I had wasted my dodge earlier by dodging Clarity + Exhaust bot lane Lux. Also, one guy kept repeating over and over "I am an Alpha Male" and locked in Sion mid.\

Edit: That Lux was in loving Gold, jesus...

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I never said GP was terrible, just that he's not very good. He doesn't offer his team much outside of AOE, so if that's what your team comp needs then by all means give him a whirl.

EDIT: I suppose I'll concede that he does good in lane and he's a great lane bully against most melee matchups.

d0grent fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 30, 2014

Sazabi_Master
Sep 14, 2014

I came here to laugh at you.

chumbler posted:

In my experience the words "fun" and "goon tournament" don't tend to go too well together at the very least due to scheduling and organizational hassles, technical problems, and no-shows, but mostly because goons are pubbies with :10bux: less.

That goes for most any game really, not just this one.

That's true, even I'm pretty busy at the moment but when I get some free time I might look into it.

Servaetes posted:

If you're gonna set up a tournament and stuff some expectations should be set or whatnot. The Kraken Cup was pretty decent though people got upset because teams would outright crush others. And then there was some melodramatics and some other stuff but that pretty much comes with the territory of online videogames.

I still hold Fahrenheit did a fine job setting up a tournament even with some of the drama and a lot of people participated. It was a lot of fun going against my buddies with other buddies, and they gave our team a good run for our money.

Yea, I set up a couple Starcraft 2 tournaments with friends way back when the game came out, it was loads of fun even though some people were terrible (those were the best games to watch) and we also gave out a couple door prizes just for showing up.

Einwand posted:

I'm thinking of trying out LoL again after I've been playing Dota 2 since around the time that Ziggs came out. It seems like there's a lot of stuff that's changed and I'm wondering if there's a decent resource to look at to figure out some of the things that've changed/been added, like trinkets and the various new items. Also is Gangplank any good at jungling anymore?

Hmmm, not sure if this helps but here's a site I go to check the current metagame of champions.

http://www.nerfplz.com/2014/10/2014-champion-tier-list-solo-queue.html

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Riot needs to stop denying Gangplank's true nature and give him a wizard skin. He is a man who fires a magical gun, eats magical oranges, and orders his magical pirate ship to fire magical cannon barrages anywhere on the map because of magic.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 30, 2014

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Gangplank confirmed best counter jungler due to his ultimate.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Sazabi_Master posted:

Yea, I set up a couple Starcraft 2 tournaments with friends way back when the game came out, it was loads of fun even though some people were terrible (those were the best games to watch) and we also gave out a couple door prizes just for showing up.

For the most part the issue was massive discrepancies between skill on each team as far as I recall. There were a few diamond players on one team, one all diamond team, and some other assorted way-higher-than-silver-bronze fellas that typically obliterated the lower ranked guys and it generated some controversy. I mean that comes with the territory of allowing any goon to participate but I think for the most part everyone enjoyed it.

I distinctly remember a SC2 tournament where I played against Broomzerg or Stik(both very extremely good SC and SC2 players) and getting utterly annihilated and being so badly disheartened I stopped playing SC2 altogether, so I definitely can get when people got angry. But something like a mystery gift for everyone ain't a bad deal!

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 30, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I think the servers just poo poo themselves

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4BgS5v2jU For all you janna players, this is an interesting use of her ultimate

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Janna ult will reposition anyone in the middle of a dash. (She's really good at making Lee Sin a sad panda.) I hadn't thought about using it to cancel Lantern though that's sweet.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

NTT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC4BgS5v2jU For all you janna players, this is an interesting use of her ultimate

This is cool and well played. Although I'm gonna take a CRAZY stab in the dark guess without looking that the comments are rife with "whatever, this is EZ anyone can press R" and "THIS ISNT AN OUTPLAY".

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

NTT posted:

:stwoon:

That was amazing.

Do you need impeccable timing? Because I'm not sure what your time window is to do it since you need to wait until they click the lantern.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

NTT posted:

yeah, I left myself logged in, wouldn't let me queue up, so I tried to relog and it just says the servers are busy.

Oh well.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

xeose4 posted:

:stwoon:

That was amazing.

Do you need impeccable timing? Because I'm not sure what your time window is to do it since you need to wait until they click the lantern.

Mechanically it's actually fairly easy to do. The impressive part is that he realized immediately what he needed to do and where he needed to be to do it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something interesting I just learned: Apparently Yasuo's wind wall blocks Sion's Q.

Riot Game, everybody.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

chumbler posted:

Something interesting I just learned: Apparently Yasuo's wind wall blocks Sion's Q.

Riot Game, everybody.

Next have it block his ult. :getin:

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

glomkettle posted:

Mechanically it's actually fairly easy to do. The impressive part is that he realized immediately what he needed to do and where he needed to be to do it.

Good point.

AdorableStar posted:

Next have it block his ult. :getin:

Sion, the unstoppable juggernaut, cannot be stopped by anything other than a stiff breeze.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I love playing with my friends because it allows for games with Poppy mid and Nami with BF sword, Triforce, and Atmas. Even better when those games are total wins. I wish the servers weren't making GBS threads themselves so I could check the post game stats.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'd like to see another sort of goon tournament. I was way (way way) worse when the kraken cup was going on, and I had to play a role that, at the time, I was extremely bad at. Now I could avenge myself!!!

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

xeose4 posted:

Sion, the unstoppable juggernaut, cannot be stopped by anything other than a stiff breeze.

A misplaced tree?

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008
I'm 90% sure I once had my Sion ult interrupted by a friendly Azir ult.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

A misplaced tree?

The tree's not stopping him. Sion just needs to pause and smell the fresh pine in the morning. :colbert:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

kingcobweb posted:

I'd like to see another sort of goon tournament. I was way (way way) worse when the kraken cup was going on, and I had to play a role that, at the time, I was extremely bad at. Now I could avenge myself!!!

When the new Summoner's Rift hits I'll probably host something

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

So hey, goons who have figured out Azir. There any way to beat him in lane?

Cause uh

So far every time I go up against him it ends with me losing both my midlane turrets and crying and ending up super behind, even if I do better or go even pre-6. He just hits a point where if I go in to poke, or trade, or whatever his soldiers straight up hit me for half my health. I can't seem to find a safe way to get around to hit him.

I'd rather not have to switch to maining a different lane just to escape him. It's annoying when I go into a teambuilder to practice or learn a champ and end up against someone who clearly knows enough about Azir to just end up beating me, and I'm kinda worried I'll start running into him in ranked too.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Play an assassin with a good gap closer, let him push the lane closer to your side, and have your jungler gank him. Or if the jungler doesnt come, wait for him to put down a soldier and then jump on him as soon as he uses his Q to reposition the soldier. If you time it right, his W is likely to be on CD and if it isnt, he can't dash far without his Q up. Keep doing this until you can 100% all in and kill him. Zed is very good for this.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

chumbler posted:

Riot Game, everybody.

feature, not a bug

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Smettbo posted:

I'm 90% sure I once had my Sion ult interrupted by a friendly Azir ult.

Yeah, that happens. I tried doing it thinking it would make me go even fasta but nope!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Syndra should be able to pick up and throw sand soldiers.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
only if azir can use them to tank jungle creeps like everything else she can throw.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Including, at one time, her balls themselves (that bug was hilarious).

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Everyone should play invadelord jungle syndra at least once

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

NTT posted:

Yeah did anyone else just get straight booted out of a game last night? I got a ranked win but I don't think I got LP for it; after the game was over my client crashed.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Well that's a new one. Lost a ranked game because the jungler dc'd mid invade because his computer decided to loving auto update and the invade led to both solo lanes getting poo poo on. We then lost bot lane to a gimmick AP Shaco support and sealed the deal. And at 5 LP, Silver 4, there goes any hope I had of advancing this season. :smith:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah did anyone else just get straight booted out of a game last night? I got a ranked win but I don't think I got LP for it; after the game was over my client crashed.

Not booted mid-game, but the client was kicking my friends out after our game. I would have hit level 29 in my last match but the exp for that game wasn't applied (yet).

Also, roughly how many games do I need to get from level 29 to 30? If it's doable I'll attempt to rush a rank before the 11th. I was in this same exact boat last year on EUW, except I didn't quite make 30 in time for the cutoff.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Well that's a new one. Lost a ranked game because the jungler dc'd mid invade because his computer decided to loving auto update and the invade led to both solo lanes getting poo poo on. We then lost bot lane to a gimmick AP Shaco support and sealed the deal. And at 5 LP, Silver 4, there goes any hope I had of advancing this season. :smith:

Keep playing, you'll get it.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

A while back a Goon hosted a tournament where everyone who entered were randomly assigned teams in order to make things fair.

But now that I think about it, it was pretty much a disaster logistically and people accused him of rigging the teams and it kinda just sucked.
Goon tournaments are a Bad Idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

exethan posted:

Keep playing, you'll get it.

Probably eventually. Maybe I'll fare better with the S5 jungle changes.

Meanwhile, the League Facebook page just posted the same spooky pirate flag along with "We are vengeance" that was posted on OCE last week. God I hope it's actually the direction the GP rework took. :allears:

• Locked thread