Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
If I get a post on the first page I WILL make it to gold before the end of the season

Have they announced who the Victorious skin will be yet this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Che Delilas posted:

If anyone wants to see something funny, Sirhcez is playing with a custom Singed skin. It's... creative. And the animations are pretty hilarious.

twitch.tv/sirhcez

This is my second favorite custom skin. First being GoodGuyGarry's Goku Lee Sin skin

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Two straight weeks of flirting with finally being at a 50% win rate (like, usually within 1-2 games but never more than 4 away). Considering I was like -20 at one point this is a major win for me or the system is working as intended

-1 right now and in a fun game

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I hope it's neither Vi nor Blitzcrank, I want a full Arcade-skin decent team comp. Hecarim and Sona already have jungle and support covered.

edit - Veigar works, now we just need a top laner

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
9-2 in my last eleven games, all as support. 21-9 (70% win rate) in my last 30 games playing support. Please don't burst anytime soon, recent win bubble.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

fnox posted:

Switch Athene's for Mikael's, forget about Lich Bane, swap that out for any utility/tank item, Locket, Randuins, Frozen Heart, even Zhonya's or Ardent Censer, swap the Banshee's for one of those too unless you're getting caught often. It's not that Lich Bane is a bad item but if you're seriously building damage every single game you're missing out on a shitload of opportunities to actually shine as a support. Also, upgrade that Spellthief into FQC as soon as possible.

At the very least do yourself a big favor as a support main and a) learn WHEN to buy Mikael's and b) learn when to USE Mikael's (or if you're me, remember to use Mikael's in a somewhat effective manner).

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Buy pink wards too, pink wards can provide vision for unreal lengths of time if they go unnoticed.

At his level two out of every five pink wards you drop last an entire game, another two go for 10+ minutes, and the last one you get noticed dropping and it seems to be a 50/50 chance they take it down immediately or not.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I have had a better time the last few days saying "I will use Mikael's on whoever gets x'd", X being a Thresh hook, Morg binding, Ashe arrow, etc. This is a lot easier in the skirmishing stages before a teamfight but even in a crowded fight it's easy to see the giant loving arrow pop up and "oh poo poo 222222222 on Graves".

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Ugh gently caress ADC, support for life

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Vayne prepares her crossbow and fire a bolt, narrowing missing Tristana and landing between her thighs. She sighs with relief and jumps away.

But was the sigh sexual????????????????

gently caress you, no more Kat x Rengar poo poo pls

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Noosphere posted:

In my mind, Mikaels in only worth it if you actually remember to use the active. This is not a given in bronze and silver. If you don't use Mikaels active regularly, and if you have no intention of doing so (say, if you prefer to try and improve other areas of your play, which in bronze is legit), then by all means, buy Athenes or Morello. You'll have more of an impact that way. But do keep in mind that once you get "good" (high silver and over), then you should buy Mickaels and learn to use it.

In that case you should buy it while you're bad (low bronze and lower) and learn how to use it there too

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
^That's something I struggle with too and I'm at roughly the same level. I tend to play super cautious unless I ABSOLUTELY KNOW we can pull that poo poo off. Ping 100x to back the gently caress off and if they don't listen hey what can you do

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
After a week or so banning Tristana and avoiding her at all costs I had first pick and took her on a whim. 11/3/11, that felt good

Does she benefit more from BT or BOTRK? I ended up going bork but there was no reasoning for it really

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
IF you haven't linked your e-mail with League (or something, I think it's your e-mail account) that'll give you a 4-win IP boost. Small but something

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
A lot of posts lately from people overly concerned about playing ranked. Stop it. Just go play the game and don't worry about the dumb poo poo that happens. You'll get to where you belong eventually.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Rudager posted:

I had that happen last night, I've slogged through a massive win steak to get to Silver promo's, and as soon as I hit those promos the player quality dropped measurably, and before the "If you were so good you could carry them" brigade come out, it wasn't just on my team, but all around I was seeing a lot sloppier play from the Silver 4/5's than I was playing with the Bronze 1/2's getting there, and that just made me even more annoyed that I lost promo's.

gently caress you Riot, I'm getting my border.

Literally 0 difference between Bronze 3 to Silver 3, it's all about how lucky you get with winstreaks tbh

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah just queued up for a random ranked and my entire team disconnected a few times (and a few on their team apparently). I was immune to it but I just got booted

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Get Innocuous! posted:

Ascension is fun but it's a little too dependent on which team's Yi can outslap the other.

I had the pleasure to play Yi in this gamemode earlier and pulled Ascended status like 5 times in a row. The masses were crying out for Yizus

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I want to see what Lyte thinks of "Aside from a very few games, I haven't been rude"

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

xeose4 posted:

Slight Singed buffs.

They don't look too impressive, but hey, maybe I can play Singed again! He is the funnest champion (and someone you build Rylai's on!).

The new E-W snare looks promising. Gonna play him tonight and roughly check if you can throw a W down after flinging someone or if it needs to be set up ahead of time

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Loss #1 in series for trying to play during live maintenance. Whoops

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Your posts are factually terrible, no feels involved. Saying Ezreal can get fed easy... lol. Dude does no dmg

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Aww it's too bad, looks like we're not going to be seeing much Gnar in pro play next season. There's always the upcoming IEM events to hope for though

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
^This is true

Also anyone NA having connection issues? Rest of my internet is working just fine, but I'm having trouble staying connected to an ARAM right now

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

You should try picking up a Mejai's

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I think someone answered that on the last page, bot games or maybe just dominion bot games or something don't count towards your normal wins.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Threshhhhhhh :supaburn: Gonna pick that up easy

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
just play Ziggs

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Riot please roll out more mystery gifts soon, I need Blood Moon Thresh

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Lord Ephraim posted:

I'm back in Bronze after 0-10 placements and the loving poo poo I have to go through: multiple afks for both teams, team comps around taking dragon/baron but zero actual teamfight, and a Garen that rushes LW against top Lulu.

Please I want out.

Uhh look inwards my friend

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Crazy Larry posted:

I fell down to Bronze V despite going 7-3 in placements (given my subsequent record it's entirely justified though) and I think my favorite thing is how everyone thinks they're some sort of LCS caliber shotcaller, and how tllty people get over trying to assert their dominance as the shotcaller. Just lost a 5v4 after taking the first inhib because my team came down with a serious case of "gently caress you, you're not my dad. don't tell me what to do."

Hence my IGN, noushutupdad. But if you're stuck there just follow 'em on the not entirely suicidal calls and make sure to keep dragon calls fresh in their heads. I just follow the same pattern every game with "3m drag, 2m drag, 1:30 drag, 1m drag, need presence, get the gently caress over here, goddamnit stop chasing Nidalee"

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Sending up a prayer for the super salty MF I just played against in ARAM as Vi. Used my ult as a counter to hers five or six times in a row and she wasn't happy

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
1848, apparently my warding as ADC is real bad

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
URF Leona is some of the most fun I've had in league in a while. Nonstop W explosions, zenith blade everywhere, 1.25s stun on a 2.2s CD and 12 second ultis. Plus every team I've faced off against is at least 4/5 AP so build a Locket which is on a 12s CD and live for days

edit - also I went tryhard one game with Lux and put out so much poo poo I think I gave one of my enemy laners PSTD. I was flinging my W out on cooldown at his face and he flashed away from it three times

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Yeah y'all should take this bullshit elsewhere tia

d0grent posted:

Azir is batshit insane in urf because his passive scales with all 80% of the CDR and you get crazy attack speed straight from level 1. Also being able to reposition all 3 soldiers ever 1.5 seconds is like having a really wide nidalee spear that does max damage at any range.

My team got fuckin' melted by an Azir earlier, he was pushing down mid inner less than five minutes after the start. We ended up getting stomped that game (Ashe is not as good as I was expecting in URF)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

frajaq posted:

Is it wrong that lately I've been liking playing Teemo a lot?

I just unlocked Teemo and played him in an URF game, had a lot of fun endlessly mining the enemy jungle. I don't think I'd have the patience to play him in a ranked/normal game

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Nietzschean posted:

I understand what you are saying. I am waiting for his list since he is the one who decided it's morally wrong for me to play Yi.

Amumu. gently caress off.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Silver brag: 18-7 on Braum and 7-1 on Leona, I will reach gold on their backs this season. I'm also like 60% win rate with Thresh/Sona/Morgana with 15~ games on each, then a half a dozen champs all sitting at 0-2. I try not to think about those games

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Gowby w/r/t that 15 minute dive that went south, y'all needed better vision control there. Ezreal's movements when Kha came through tri makes me think it was warded. Rek'sai and Ekko responding immediately means the same. Clear their poo poo out. You had river / wraith ramp warded but nothing behind dragon wall or tribush or anything. A prerequisite for making plays like that is knowing that you have the numbers advantage. Wander up and drop a ward, maybe Kha drops his on his way through, maybe Ashe players learn to use Hawkshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

The problem here is that you linked the lovely adc instead of our lord and saviour Aphromoo.

• Locked thread