Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

itsjustdrew posted:

does the hourglass stop the W?

Nope. It's a toggle.
Support chat: Karma is a completely valid support, and probably my most picked champion the past months. It's so rewarding to eat 25% of an adc's health with a mantra-Q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1675457482/24669691

The most intense game I've ever played. Laning went ok, but we started losing the midgame. Both nexus turrets were down when we managed to get a kill on Kha'Zix who had beaten the Nexus down to 200 health. After that we turned it around and ended up getting a win. I need a drink now.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
So what's up with Azir's ult postpatch? After two games now, I've had the ult block absolutely nothing 50% of the time. It doesn't deal damage either.
Still, I love the birdman.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Ekko is probably the most fun I've ever had on a day 1 champion.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

I think I like Ekko.
First game I was laning versus Teemo, second versus Kassadin and third versus Ahri. At this point, it feels like they could remove the entire damage component to his ult and he would still be amazing.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Not sure how the internet works, but that should make it slightly less lovely to play on US servers from EU too. I might even bother getting my US summoner to 30.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Also, people are good at different things.
My main strengths are planning ahead, reading map movement and minion waves. Last season, before I took a 6 month break I was sitting comfortably around plat 3.
I'm still awful at last hitting and big, flashy plays, and I would regularly lose lanes to silver and gold players just because they were a lot better than me mechanics wise.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I recently downloaded Super Mario 3 on my Wii U, and noticed how bad I am at it compared to when I was 10 years old. Saying "I'm too old for flashy vidja games moves" sounds like a copout, but it sometimes feeld like it's true.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Took half a year's break from LoL. Did placements, went 2-8 and got placed in gold 5.
Blood, sweat and tears, and I am finally back at a rating I am satisfied with.
:toot:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Lovechop posted:

man was everything. people talk about overloaded kits now, but his w used to buff allies attack speed and heal them (as well as what it does already, lmao)
It also used to slow down enemy attack speed iirc.

Safety Scissors posted:

Serious question. How does one force themselves to put blood, sweat, and tears into this game?

Sometimes you write stuff that aren't entirely true on the internet for dramatic effect hth

GET INTO DA CHOPPA fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 6, 2015

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Thanks to whoever posted the Soraka build earlier with lots of MR. Boy, it's fun!
I've been running with 5/2/23 masteries, and it's crazy how much you can sustain through in lane while still healing more or less on cooldown. At level 1, you actually regen all your lost health just as your W gets off CD again. :getin:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
^ I think it boils down to what you play. My best game recently was as adc Ezreal in bot lane too (I think it was in my plat 4 promos).
I was absolutely shredding nerds, but to be able to capitalise on it I needed my team with me to act as a meat shield. We spent a good 15 minutes longer than neccessary to end the game because people were farting around, and since I had most of my team's gold I couldn't leave them to split push inhib towers as they would get massacred in teamfights.

The only times I've properly carried from botlane is when I get to play Mordekaiser. People tend to follow an undead dragon around. :v:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

So you go ghost +tp/ignite, what about skill order? q>e get w only when I have to?

R>Q>E. You get a point in W whenever you notice teamfights happen regularly.
It depends a lot on team composition, though. Is the biggest threat to your carries a Skarner or a Master Yi? If it's Yi, your W is worthless. If it's Skarner (or anyone else without a gapcloser or ignores slows), your goo is going to make your carries' lives so much easier.

I'm a huge fan of Ghost+Ignite on Singed. Your E+Q combo hurts a lot at level 4.
I only pick Singed into certain top matchups, though, but he's the easiest way to win lane and snowball it into a nexus kill against Jax in particular.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Lovechop posted:

i want some sort of chav-based UK skin that glasses people

Slav Riven with a tracksuit and a broken bottle.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Libertine posted:

Buy a zeal and then decide what you are going to upgrade it to based on how much gold you back with after that. There's no reason to nit pick over the minor differences. If you are behind and you can afford the Shiv, just get it. If you have a bunch of gold get the PD.

However, if you have Triforce money, you have to buy it, doesn't matter who you are (this rule applies to every character in the game not just Zeal ADCs).

What if you already have a Triforce, do you have to buy a 2nd?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Lots of talk about age and faces itt. We all know teenagers and early 20ies is the best as far as reflexes goes, but are there any examples of high rated old people?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Servaetes posted:

I'm 30 and I hit D5-D4 a few times in S3 and S4 and am way too loving lazy to care now

you young people suck

Turning 30 next year, and I've been mid platinum since they changed rating from numbers to metals.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is "agreed".

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I can't help but reading every new update as an indirect Poppy buff.

Edit: which adcs won't be able to use the firecannon range outside of turret range?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

flyingkiwi posted:

I am not completely sure, but I think Zac is bugged. 100% of the time when I go to blobs, I revive even if the enemy should have killed me. It happened 10-11 times in a row. Does anyone else play Zac at all to check? anyone?

Health regen in general is bugged right now.
Yesterday a Mundo on my team was fleeing from an MF. Mundo had something like 10 health left.
MF shoots at him > Mundo throws a cleaver which brings him below 0 health > MF's shot doesn't connect as the target is already dead > cleaver hits MF > Mundo revives because of the health return

???

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

The Mash posted:

At least that's only a problem in theory. In practice, LeBlanc will never get 45% CDR at a point in the game where she can land two Qs without being murdered or having murdered someone. 45% CDR LeBlanc in laning phase would be crazy but it's not really realistic at least.

Morello + boots + codex is like 4.5k, mo?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Space Flower posted:

LB favors pure AP/pen so you'd be preferably getting the last 20% from blue buff and scaling glyphs.

Obviously, but builds tend to change, and if 45% cdr LB is broken, it should be pretty drat effective.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Home sick with a fever. Tuned in on Twitch and realised I'm subbed to Luna's channel. How bad can it be? :toot:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

A lot of it can be attributed to how you and your lane opponents decided to go balls deep from level one.

The thing that bugged me the most was how you rushed ER and then built all the attack speed components of the RFC first.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
CDR runes were a thing when CDR boots gave 15% CDR.
It's no longer a thing. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I kind of get why they are really strict on which division you end up in after placement games. I went 5-5 and dropped from plat 2 to gold 5.
After 6 games, I'm already up to gold 3, though, so that kinda defeats the whole point of dropping almost 10 brackets.

• Locked thread