Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes posted:

oh has the server poo poo the bed?

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Unfinish3d posted:

If I end up buying all the champions eventually, GP probably be the second last one I get (Teemo will be last) unless they re-work him to make his kit interesting.

Actually I'd probably buy GP before Zilean. I hate Zilean.

Gangplank was one of the first champions I bought, show some respect to the plank

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Colonel Squish posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NTT is "Trick2g" in-game, the Udyr main.

Nope

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
But Qtpie hates Quinn....

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

JerryLee posted:

I feel like as Nasus I've gotten to the point where, at least at my level (which isn't very high mind you) I can avoid getting blown out of lane, but come late game I feel like my effectiveness drops off dramatically, or rather I'm not really sure what to do. If I'm at the frontlines of a battle I usually end up just getting focused and melted no matter how much tank gear I buy, which makes sense since Nasus isn't really a proper tank.

Should I hang back and wait to peel folks who try to dive on my team? It feels like if I do that I'm not getting the most use out of my ult, but I guess my ult isn't worth much if I die 3 seconds into it while my team runs away, anyway.

Nasus with his ult up and tank items is incredibly tanky, I have no idea what you're talking about. When you have enough stacks you can just pop your ult, run into the enemy backline and maul their carries.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Well, if they have some AD you build armor. If they have AP you build MR. After that some health. There you go friend, the secrets to Being A Tanky Nasus

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
There are so many variables in every individual game that things like "get a certain number in this stat" just don't really exist. And if you're just getting focused and melting in teamfights that *should* mean that your team can clean up, or you're going in before anyone else on your team can follow and you die before they can get in.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah you could have just said "always build hourglass on morgana"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I just always ban new champs because if they're really good you don't want them on the enemy team and if they're bad you don't want them on your team

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Colonel Squish posted:

This is what I suspected after watching Qtpie try to play him adc again and again last night. He just get wrecked when he goes full damage.

Speaking of qtpie, he's playing the League-killer on his stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/imaqtpie

That or it's the visual update

That game is legit more fun than some other MOBAs

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Also you play against literal children

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Previous Jesus posted:

Did the servers just stop working for anybody else or is my game just being weird? My game ending and it took forever on the "waiting for stats" screen so I clicked to skip waiting for stats. Now it says I'm in a game and asks me to reconnect even though the game already ended and when I try to reconnect it says there's a problem with my firewall even though my firewall is set to exclude League and I've never had any problems with it.

e: Also the match hasn't showed up on Lolking so maybe it's some bizarre drop hack that happened right at the end of the game?

e2: The game shows up on LolNexus with an ongoing timer (52 minutes now when it probably ended at like 35). Is there any way I'm going to be able to play League of Legends again tonight...?

I got a Loss Prevented in an ARAM

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Minrad posted:

Do you have Autism, the Asperger's Syndrome?

lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

Also who will send me very angry private messages because I called them "a drama queen".

Ahaha so I wasn't the only one he did this to

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
There's no magic combination of champions/masteries/runes that will get you out of whatever rank you're stuck in

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Bubble-T posted:

Can someone explain to me what happened to make Alistar picked in solo lanes again? Mostly the mana cost buffs in 4.12? I love the cow and it's really funny to see people talking about nerfs to him when he was garbage tier for so long.

Mana cost reductions, ult up to 70% damage reduction at all levels, and that he does well against Maokai

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Of all the wrong opinions ever to inhabit this series of threads, you have taken the cake :colbert:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Man, I was waiting for poster Luccion to weigh in on this issue. Now that he has I am one step closer to fulfillment

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I thought he'd be bad in the world of infinite wave clear, but a Xerath struggled against me in lane and the last time I played vs a Ziggs I won. I think Syndra and Ori are his two main problem champions at the moment and I always feel nervous picking him blind incase I get those two, in which case I take him top and send riven or trynd or whoever silver people pick down mid to gently caress with their plans.

I like when this happens because laning is nothing but top and mid swapping repeatedly

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

AHH FUGH posted:

2. frommaplestreet smells really, really loving bad and never wears deodorant. "Think packed Indian traincar"

This is not surprising whatsoever

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

fnox posted:

It's your sole responsibility to the team in pick phase though, you don't even have to make good bans, but missing a ban is putting your team at disadvantage for no reason for something that is entirely your fault.

You know that someone on YOUR team can then pick whatever champ wasn't banned

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

fnox posted:

What's so bad about wanting my 3 bans instead of getting just 2 while the enemy team gets 3 because somebody hosed up?

henkman posted:

You know that someone on YOUR team can then pick whatever champ wasn't banned

I'm starting to think that you don't realize this

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

fnox posted:

mikael's

I would like to join everyone in saying you have no idea what you're talking about

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kerzoro posted:

It is because:

a) With a terrible mana pool and costs, Poppy can use the mana regen
b) As she is easily bullied in early game, an item that gives you a small heal and gp from lost CS is appreciated.
c) Amulet is loving hilarious on Poppy, who is already Really Freaking Fast.

These are all really bad reasons to build coin on poppy

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The reason why coin is a suggested item is because Philo stone was suggested on Poppy. They got rid of Philo Stone and replaced it in champions suggested items without updating it for champions like poppy

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Yup. I wish DDoS attacks constituted as terrorism and we could send these 17 year old fucks who do it for "lulz xD" to Guantanamo Bay or something.

lol

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

Way to be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.

It was deserved

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Aerox posted:

Not only that, but the area right around Riot just got a completely free ~5x speed upgrade because Time Warner is scared of someone moving in soon.

:smuggo:

That's some good internet

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Widestancer posted:

If you're arguing about which community is worse in a MOBA you may in fact be a part of the problem

Oh ok

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Lux has always been fine

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

itsjustdrew posted:

fine, yes, but the last 3 have carried hard.

Turns out any champion is capable of that when they get far enough ahead

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I tried essence reaver on Yorick. I didn't hate it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Who were you playing as?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

Boobs and snakebutt detected. Engage Social Justice Mode. *fighter jet docks with massive robot body, transforming into asexual trans-racial GUNDAM*

Classis Gowby

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

If you unironically believe this you are just mad because you are bad and need a scapegoat hth

What

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I gotcha

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1531966630/48788865

Man I sure do love losing a game we were winning handily because Thresh decides to AFK for 10 minutes because of some perceived slight

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Classic Gowby

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Colonel Squish posted:

I don't know if it's been mentioned but I was watching Opened (high elo Poppy main for awhile now) play a game of mid Poppy against TF last night and Opened's first two items were Nomad's Medallian/Avarice Blade. That made me realize that Nomad's restores health (and mana) and that the passive doesn't give you gold only if someone else last hits a minion but just when it dies in your proximity. Oddly perfect for laning against a ranged mage where it's hard to go up to last hit every minion. He then immediately rushed Sheen/Triforce and did the usual Poppy 1v5ing.

nooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
This thread had to talk someone out of building coin/nomads on Poppy like a month ago, and then in comes this high elo guy who builds it

• Locked thread