Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I blame all my losses on bad teammates

edit: someone just banned Warwick on ranked, what is the world coming to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Libertine posted:

His new ult should just be the ability to sail a giant galleon up and down the river for as long as he wants firing an enormous cannon at anything within 10000 units.

His new ult should be summoning a pirate ship that sails forward and then explodes, stunning and damaging people in AoE. Riot hire me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

How do I stop a Blitz from stealing my blue? :(

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I cant imagine ever playing Elise, Jayce or this new Gnar thing. 4 abilities is already bad enough but 6/7? I cant handle it!!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Big McHuge posted:

Tonight was pretty rough in solo queue, after a few weeks of not really having that many problems. I was first pick, but I didn't want to argue with one of the other guys, so I agree to go mid instead of support. He picks Sona and gives up 3 immediate kills to their bottom lane, doesn't buy a ward at all (sweeping lens instead of ward trinket), and rushes deathcap and lichbane before getting a sightstone. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a good player, but I'd like to think that I played serviceable enough that we could have won had this guy not trolled so hard.

match stats

I dont see the problem? Sona has good AP ratios and is constantly casting spells and auto-attacking. Maybe you should have helped and built a sightstone to help your team?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Monathin posted:

You might be getting your chain yanked a bit hard there. I'm not sure that was a Serious Post in the Something Awful League of Legends Thread.

Well ok but I'm still a believer that every single hero in this game should get a fully upgraded sightstone. 3 wards x 5 = 15 wards!!! Holy poo poo that's a lot of wards! Its basically map hacking really

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fnox posted:

Already had to dodge a game due to a Gnar autolock.

They should like block you from using champions in ranked until like a couple of days after their release.

Wha? Are you scared of a champion? hahaha

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gonna do my part on the new LoL champion process and die repeatedly to this cute little bugger in ranked and blame riot balancing

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

AHH FUGH posted:

There's always some idiot who had 7800 RP to blow and really wants to play Gnar but only plays ranked and wait what does his W do again?

Thats the one he becomes Hulk right?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Where is the pause function in this game?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Previous Jesus posted:

In custom matches only.

Oh... no pause function in ranked matches? What the hell Riot

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SlyFrog posted:

Lyte's responses and the follow should be used as a honeytrap. Anyone who follows Lyte around saying poo poo like, "REKT," in response to Lyte explaining bans should themselves be banned, but without any warning or indication why. Just remove them from the game.

Because I guarantee that roughly 90% of the people who follow Lyte around chanting rekt and similar poo poo are themselves shitlords in game.

As to how people can type things like, "I never say anything in chat," when it is then clearly shown that they are monstrous people based on their chat logs? I think we all like to suppress the parts of ourselves that are terrible, and tell ourselves that it's not that bad. We're basically delusional about ourselves. We think, sure, we get a little heated, but we're not that bad, and in our case, there was a reason we responded that way. We filter out how many times we act like jerks in chat, because we do not want to think of ourselves as bad people. We basically create exceptionalism for ourselves.

It's really the same thing that causes Dunning-Krueger. We're all the stars of our own mental shows.

I mean, I'm sure most people who beat the poo poo out of their spouses really do believe that deep down they're decent people. They're not criminals - how hard is it to have loving dinner done on time? That's all they ask. And they only shoved her once, never hit her.

Please source your quotes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

When Blitzcrank goes home after losing a match does he beat Miss Blitzcrank in frustration in his robot home? Something to think about next time I pick him

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh I see its because I don't have platinum is that it? Stop oppressing me

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hahaha holy poo poo that Ahri quote. :feelsgood: alright

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Will the Meta ever change or is Riot just too comfortable in it since, well, it works?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If I'm banning I usually ban selfish choices of champs that I'm bad against in the lane role I want

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thats why I play with all game sound off and then use di.fm

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

natetimm posted:

Haha man some people really hate it when you use the bushes. Especially in ARAM.

Can you expand on what happened? I like to imagine that people are used to how bushes work by now

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Darth Windu posted:

I'm so loving garbage at this game, someone please help

stop trying so hard and just play the champs you have fun with

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Darth Windu posted:

I do and then I lose so okay. What nyao.

Blame your teammates

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Actually the best designed champ is Sion, The Undead Champion. Just one mans opinion, but keep in mind that man is Big Keven, aka the Big Dollar Dude.

This but unironically

Bring back his long rear end click stun riot pls

I'm 100% sure Riot will just remake Sion into something really boring

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

mushi posted:

Any time there's new splash art I immediately look to see if Shadow Evelynn is one of them, and it never is. So yeah, this splash is still in the game.

Wouldn't blame riot if they just....forgot about Eve forever

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bunny Riven owns

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Brannock posted:

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't give Kha'Zix a feminine voice as female praying mantises are really loving hardcore. I can't comment on the other nonhumans as I don't know what they sound like.

I approve of more female psychopathic killer bugs in videogames

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Brannock posted:

code:
You fail to carry one hundred percent of the games you never tried to carry.

- Kurt Cobain

Thought that was 2 pac?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh my god Veigar I love you. This little guy is legit one of the more fun champs to play in the game. His stun cage make people rage so much

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That champion is Dota as gently caress, I love it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

brb buying this

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Just made 7 people dodge queue in a row just by speaking Portuguese *adds a few marks on the PC*

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Day one buy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Can't wait to kill her in a single Veigar ult

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm glad Riot stopped exploiting women, this looks very good for a ninja lady

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

She takes her leg day very seriously

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

pahuyuth posted:

Veigar is by far my most played champ and one shotting nearly anyone never gets old, especially down here in Bronze where no one builds MR. Even with some resists it's hard to survive a 1500AP Veigar that can reliably land the dreaded Rage Cage. And the best part about THAT uis the number of people that don't get stunned initially but walk directly into the cage's walls and get stunned then deleted from the map anyway. His Dark Matter has a larger AOE than most people realize so it's often easy to force them into the Cage by zoning with Dark Matter.

I've experimented with a lot of different build paths and skill orders and for me I find that simply starting Doran's ring with pots and then rushing Codex into DFG works best. The mana regen on his passive is often undervalued and of course you get basically free AP from farming so the little guy can be deceptive in terms of power with only a couple of items, even more so vs an AP opponent.

For skill order I go Q > E > W then of course max R and Q. Whether I max W vs E after that depends on what the opponent is building and how I'm faring against them, i.e. if they have tenacity, I need a longer stun due to jungle pressure, if they have some sort of mitigation, etc (unlikely at my Elo). Warding and taking a point in E at lvl 2 keeps me safe from ganks and all-ins and depending on who my jungler is can help setup an early gank. After the DFG it's balls to the wall AP with Deathcap , Sorc Boots, Void Staff, and Zhonya's. I don't think I've tried a Lich Bane on him after it was changed recently, but boy howdy was it ever a beast when I hit 1000+ AP. Hitting a Q or W to proc it's on hit component and then AA'ing a tower for what seemed like 1/3rd of its health was (is?) a thing of beauty.

A glaring weakness for me though is forgetting to set his E to normal cast instead of smart cast at the beginning of the match and then loving myself over because of that. It's the only ability in the entire game that I need to normal cast.

Nice Veigar words. I hope Veigar never gets popular so people keep underestimating him and his ridiculous AP ratios untouched

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wow reported

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

My ranked strategy is hoping that my teammates will carry me to victory

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rurea posted:

You are literally the WORST mid laner I have ever seen in my 3 years of playing this game.

You haven't seen me playing

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Angry Walrus posted:

The loading screen is actually pretty funny because of where it cuts it just looks like her top half is floating in space.

I really like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Compete with your ADC for CS if he looks like the lovely type that complains when you kill a single creep. He'll probably rage a lot and lose you the game, but you'll have the satisfaction of making some nerd mad and that's really the victory in the League of Legends MOBA

• Locked thread