Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

When you all first started playing League, what was your best worst opinion? I thought Tear was the most overpowered item. Especially on Amumu. Coming from DotA 1 I thought "Holy poo poo infinite Heartstopper Aura!" I also rushed it on Nasus because holy crap never any mana problems again!

Just like when I first played DotA and rushed Sange & Yasha non-stop, when I started League it was all about Triforce on like every offensive champion. Those stats! Those passives! THE VALUE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sorry goons I was playing with. Campus net got taken down awhile for some reason, it was really nice of them to not give me a heads up. :thumbsup:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

Go drive heavy equipment.

Into things at your workplace.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sexpansion posted:

I've asked for a gnar ban in every game of ranked I've played since yesterday; people seem to be pretty receptive, which is nice.

This has literally been 'the meta' in pubbie queues forever. He'll stop getting banned when the 'pros' confirm he isn't top tier or something.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Spotlight vid's out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqH4AA-KEgQ

The dude has some seriously slick as hell moves he can pull off but drat if he doesn't look super complex.

Kind of disappointing that the item he has the most synergy with (Nashor's Tooth) doesn't function with him and his dudes.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

A Stupid Baby posted:

Basically unless you have a PHD in driving forklifts into poo poo you are probably going to feed with Azir

Nope even Methanar did poo poo with him.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

24/7 torrenting is cool because copyright, ownership and privacy don't exist in their culture.
As a dude from Canada, like yourself, I can approve of this. Private use caveats on all the copyright laws own.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Garen's passive rework is insanely good. At level 18, narrowly escaped a team-fight in enemy base where we went 4-for-4 at 50HP. With Spirit Visage and my passive, I was back up over 2K by the time I got back to our Wraiths (enemy Jax was foolishly chasing me). Seems ok to be Mundo+.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

xeose4 posted:

I'm spectating a friend's game and I need someone to restore the Sanity points I just lost: why would you build Spirt of the Elder Lizard on jungle Zyra instead of Spectral Wraith? This is regular AP Zyra, by the way. Is there some secret interaction I am unaware of, such as her plants dealing true damage with the incinerate passive?

Because otherwise I'm :psyduck:

The plants apply the burn on-hit. Still an awful idea, though. Just like jungle Zyra.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

misguided rage posted:

No they don't. They used to before they changed it to physical damage only.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. It makes it even worse then.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

So this happened.

E: If there was ever a time I wished for replays, now would be it.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 7, 2014

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

Requesting picture of Mikujin wearing a rough riders toque.

And one of gowby holding a sippy cup of wine.

And one of servaetes holding a sticky note saying Serv <3 panth
Regrettably, I do not own a Rough Riders toque.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Darth Windu posted:

You're just so grumpy! Cheer up!

How does it even work tho I am curious. Doesn't seem like Malph benefits from aspd or crit.

Brannock posted:

Malphite hits really, really hard and has a couple seconds of CC between his ultimate and his Q to safely and consistently deliver a few hits. His splash passive can also crit, and he gets a 40% AD boost with W active.

Thus...

W->R->SotD and you are a literal magic missile that can blow up squishes at will.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

mistaya posted:

So play more games until you get gold with him. If you have a 65% win rate you should get there in very decent time.

There is no secret OP freelo bullshit. You need to play a lot of games with champions that you- personally- are good at and win with, and STOP playing games with champions that you like but lose with.

Wait, you mean people don't just play their 10 games and get gold for rewards? Weird.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

maev posted:

I'd probably be quite a bit higher ranked if I just sucked it up and played Nasus more

Speaking of Nasus: I poo poo all over one earlier today with Garen. By 10 minutes he had 19 CS - most of which he'd acquired with Spirit Fire - and he decided to AFK out the rest of the game rather than try to fight me.

In fairness, I leveraged my huge XP lead by rolling down to mid and killing their mid who was pushed up, then happened to find their jungle in topside jungle on my way back up and cashed in there. 12 minutes I was 6-0-2 and had Black Cleaver and Last Whisper compared to... Well, everyone else who just had one item or just components.

It was grand.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Brannock posted:

I don't expect to see any winrate reductions.
Well you certainly won't be hearing about them.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

NTT posted:

including you mikujin im sorry
I don't really play much of him anymore. New jungle might change that.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I've been out of the loop for a bit, what makes Warwick so great now?

Sustain junglers are great, and one of the new jungle items is 150g more than Wriggles for essentially a fully stacked Flare (40 magic on hit) that stacks - 1 per monster kill, 1 per assist, 2 per kill.

1800g investment to get great sustain/clearing power and boost your level 6 ult damage by 200 is pretty sweet.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: Compared to say, Warwick or Garen, who are actually as one-dimensional and simple as they appear, for the most part.

Look at how wrong this guy is.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Lightning Knight posted:

Hey, I didn't say Garen wasn't fun. He's just also simple.
The way he can be played varies greatly, and given he's one of be few bruisers that still exist that lack a gap-closer/reposition nearly on-command which makes him difficult to master and play against a roster who all have so many more options

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

More I watch the spotlight and listen to the theme, I think I can get down with Lurkerdeathqueen. Count me in, I'm gonna make Rinj and Tonetta hate my guts as I tunnel in the wrongest possible directions and screech at poo poo.

No way man it's new champion time that means I'll be around spamming it forever and you'll never get a chance to. Obviously.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Second game: QEW far better, the W cooldown doesn't change a whole lot, but the E slow and damage is pretty good. If you set up a network in your own jungle it is loving hilarious how creative you can get to get around the map.
I've been doing QEW since I started, and agree that the marginal gains in W are not worth giving up all the benefits of leveling E second (namely base damage and tunnel CD). As Serv mentioned, setting up networks of tunnels can give you asinine Lee Sin amounts of mobility. Additionally, Burrow's Tremorsense is just insanely good at what it does (excepting that it currently displays enemy minions which is not intentional, if the tooltip is correct), allowing you to be incredibly safe when venturing out into enemy territory and honestly just in general. She's been an exceptional counter-ganker in my experience so far, as her ganks aren't very potent unless you land a Tunnel->Unburrow to give you time to unload on someone.

Still, enjoying it so far.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

There's no reason to give Rek'sai any more little perks or buffs. She has fantastic base stats, great base damage and damage scaling, superior mobility, and incredibly safe jungling.

On that note, I've been playing a bunch of her, and this is what I've got down so far:
Runes:
- AD Reds
- Armor Yellows
- MR or ASpd runes
- ASpd Quints

Masteries:
Offense 21 - Standard AD fare. You can skip the butcher tree for a few points in CDR or Spellweaving/Bladeweaving if you like, since you get decent sustain mileage out of your passive
Defense 9
Utility 0

Blue side, start Krugs (smite), go Red, Frog, Crab (as mentioned, this guy is basically just ~50 free HP the first time through), and then look for ganks top and mid. On red side, start Frog, Blue, Red (you'll have Smite for bonus HP which is great), and then similarly head towards Crab before checking for ganks. Beyond this, jungling is both routine and safe: always Burrow after camps to keep yourself healing/topped off, since wasted Fury is wasted HP.

Important things: always be tunneling. It doesn't matter if it seems like it's in a dumb spot, if it's off CD and you're not using it your hamstringing your ability to fly around the map. Early on, most enemy players won't be going deep into your jungle or checking obscure locations anyways, so you can set up your own little rail system. Throughout the midgame, it's on a short enough CD that you can start thinking about networking into the middle of the map. Tunnels set up in enemy territory are useful port locations if you put them in obscure spots no one will routinely sweep. Keep in mind, however, that as much as you want to spam tunnels everywhere, you want to make sure it's up if you're ganking or about to head into enemy territory just in case.

I've routinely been building the following items:
- Stalker's Blade (Warrior Enchantment): Blue smite is by far your best pickup here, as it will assist your rather anemic ganks. Because of Tunnels fixed distance it's not a fantastic opener on ganks, but it can be a great follow-up. To that end, blue smite will force escapes since you can otherwise pop-up underneath enemies to enable laners - saving Tunnel means you can follow-up easily on those escapes to try and secure your target. Warrior Enchantment is far and away your best build upgrade here as well. Q double-dips on AD since it simply makes your already AD bolstered autos into an AOE Cleave with a total 1.2 bonus AD ratio - AD effectively gets 2.2 times its value on Q. And that's on top of some CDR and ArPen. Since Q applies on-hits Devourer sounds like it would be good in practice, but it's really just junk since she has great base attack speed and gets boatloads of it in her ult passive.
- Ravenous Hydra: Another item that gets to double-dip heavily on Q, making it a fantastic option. Furthermore, it double-dips on lifesteal since Q applies on-hits, of which lifesteal is one, in addition to proccing the Hydra passive lifesteal as well. This item is what enables Rek'sai to lifedrain tank (although some bulk really helps). Once again, you could also build BotRK in this slot, but it is a strictly inferior option, and blue smite negates the one benefit it provides you (the on-use slow).
- Trinity Force: Rek'sai makes fantastic use of all the stats and uniques on this item, making it a fantastic purchase. Build this item if you are ahead, but it's certainly not critical (like the preceding two are). Often I will pick up a Phage after Hydra and forego completion on this item until I've picked up some additional defensive items.
- Spirit Visage: An outstanding defensive item that can bolster your regenerative powers. In addition to adding to your bulk, this item gives you additional regeneration from your passive, and can turn your into an incredibly difficult to kill target if you've a Hydra and happen to be standing near multiple targets. The added CDR also means more tunnels and Q spam.
- Guardian Angel: Building the Vest or Cloak first lets you get mileage out of the defense you need, but completing this item is significant. After your initial jump into team fights you'll be left somewhat vulnerable, so this gives you some major soaking power in the long run. The threat of standing up is very real, and without hard CC to pin you down you can often Burrow->Tunnel after standing up.
- Randuin's Omen: If you're up against AD heavy comps where Spirit Visage does you no good, this is a fantastic alternative. Adding significant bulk and giving you another active slow (don't forget about Blue Smite!) this item can keep you alive long enough to shred opponents.
- Boots: Typically Tabi or Merc Treads, I've not yet experimented with other options since she definitely doesn't require more mobility through Mobis or Swifties, nor does the added CDR seem valuable. Berserkers are strictly inferior on her, given she's a melee skirmisher.

When approaching ganks, always try to approach in such a way that you can Smite your target (if it's up) prior to Tunneling. If you can't, no worries, the Tunnel catch often is enough to force a flash. An important thing to remember, as well, is that all your damage is front-loaded in your Q: if you can't get those autos on your target you won't be providing much more damage to an exchange. On that note, don't try to skirmish with enemies if you don't have it available since you just don't have much more damage elsewhere early. Later on you can pound away on skulls since with even just a pair of AD items you'll be doing upwards of 600 true damage with a full-fury E, nothing to scoff at. Spend tons of time in Burrow form getting used to your sonar ability, as it can be key to early and late game success. Get your practice in with Burrowed Q, as being able to see your opponents is significant. A fun note, though, is that you can pop your trinket ward to gain vision of the area right around you (if you should need to) since you still get to share vision with all allied units and structures while burrowed.

The only other note I can give is note to get too aggressive once the game runs late: it's really easy to get cocky if you're ahead, but if you Tunnel in and miss an Unburrow, you are entirely exposed as you have no getaway plan for 10 seconds or so. Otherwise, Rek'sai is a very potent early and midgame threat, a fantastic dueler, and a great pusher. Tons of fun.

Oh, and don't get too attached to her. She's bound to eat some nerfs.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Lightning Knight posted:

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm never ever going to buy anything other than purple smite ever again. All it takes is one failed dragon steal because smite prioritzed a champion instead of the dragon and nope, never again.

Although it was funny to win the game NA LCS style. O ho, you want to go for baron? Too bad your inhib and base turrets are down and we can just walk down base and take the nexus. :allears:

There's no 'priority' with Smite, it's not some sort of random effect. If you analyze the situation, I'm sure you'll find the only problem with Smite exists between your keyboard and chair.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

Only problem I'm having with that runepage/mastery setup is how loving horribly banged up I get clearing. If I get a bad leash, i'm backing after the first major buff and hauling rear end back to the other. I don't think burrowing in the middle of combat with the buffs is intelligent either but yeah, you pretty much need to do red second if you're trying not to back right away because holy poo poo it's easy to die to that. I'd imagine an invade on her would be extremely bad for her.

I think Tri on top of Hydra's kind of excessive personally. She does a lot of damage with just a hydra or a Tri. Liking Hydra more though. And I'm a lazy gently caress and take purple smite because that time before her burrowed heal is somewhat meaningful she still gets her rear end kicked a lot. Once the smite charges change comes through though it might be cool to try the others.

Also I don't feel like she's gonna get nerfed at least this coming patch cycle. She's boasting like a 46% winrate. Not easy to figure out + badish ganks + squishy + horrible first clear = people playing her verrrrrrrry badly
Like many not-Warwick junglers right now, she definitely doesn't have a super healthy fantastic first clear. If I'm blue side, doing Krugs/Red/Frog/Crab (and using max Burrow heal after Frog+Crab) leaves me around 55-65% HP - not exceptionally high, but not terribly low, either. The lowest point in her blue side clear is during Frog. On purple side, I typically end up closer to 75%+ since you finish with red (and the heal it gives you). A level 2-ish invade by a strong duelist could definitely be bad.

As mentioned, Triforce is definitely over-and-above necessary offense pickups on her. Like most bruiser-y type who pick it up, it's just because grabbing while you're ahead can just keep you there. Definitely not required, though.

Win rate aside, I could still definitely see some base/scaling hits to her Q. It's just really, really good.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

NTT posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble going anything other than 20/9 in most of my Rek'sai games. Not sure whether to chalk it up to her being OP or just nobody knowing what the gently caress I'm capable of doing.

2:1 KDA isn't really anything close to OP. The majority of my recent games have been very positive KDAs, though, and I think it's because no one really respects/understands how much damage she frontloads in her Q autos. If they try to duel you, you just win against almost everyone. Even 2v1 skirmishes are often in your favor if you're already ahead on items, since you just splash so much damage.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Transient People posted:

I think that was just K/D :ssh:
That really doesn't make it any better.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Udyr beats her up pretty easy.
Haven't had the chance to experience this match-up yet, but I've had no trouble beating up J4, Jax, Xin, Lee Sin, and the like. I honestly can't imagine I'd have much trouble dealing with Udyr.

Having said that, the biggest issues Rek'sai has is her crippling weakness to kiting. Above ground she's just as slow as any ranged ADC, which means on her own she really needs to nail a good Unburrow (whether tunnel assisted or not) in order to get the jump on anyone. She is incredibly lacking in stickiness beyond her initial pop. Additionally, and it has been noted by several others already, she's rather poor at teamfighting. You really want to pick your battles, and definitely don't want a team comp that relies on Rek'sai to initiate (because she really sucks at it).

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

my pog boyfriend posted:

well that game mode was sure a fun thing to do once and never again

No doubt. But people who want reward icons have to grind a ton of that lousy mode to get them (since one requires 150 snowball hits and 65 TP to Poro Kings).

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

mistaya posted:

It's just 65 poro king summons, not teleports. I've gotten 40 tosses and 17 summons in just 4 games and I wasn't even really trying to cheese it. Pretty reasonable for the "harder to get" icon.

e: Literally anything is better than that pissing match "showdown" 1v1 me bro let's load for 5 minutes and play a 30 second duel bullshit.

Showdown may have been a bit of a pissing contest, but it was infinitely more fun than ARAM 2.0: The Poroing.

P.S. Anything that requires me to play more than 1 game of ARAM for a reward definitely isn't worth it.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

I am a two-auto-leasher and I'm proud of it. If you haven't practiced your jungle route alone in customs, gently caress you.
It's not about practicing a route, it's about being able to take a more aggressive route to gain an advantage while preserving the maximum amount of HP to facilitate ganks that you, the selfish two-auto leashing ADC, will cry for when you get outplayed in lane.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Why did Vel'koz get turned off for Poro-Mode?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

KirbyKhan posted:

How do I, as a top layer, tell my team "Their jungler is constantly on my dick, grab dragon or something"? When I do say those words they don't and get themselves killed on a 3v2 botame gank or my jungler comes up and we all have an awkward 2v2 stalemate. Any thing I can do better in that situation?

Play a top laner than can win a 2v1.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I went in the other day and played a game with bio, pretty fun. Does he or wriggle own it? It's weird too how this thread seems to be moving much slower in general lately. RIP league of legends?

It's almost as if it's some sort of holiday season and people have better things to do than post on comedy web forum somethingawful dot com.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Quick goons, what items do I build after Devourer jungle item on jungle Kayle?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Sometimes you just kill everyone and decide "Hey, I'll just get a Guardian Angel before I die."

It was an unreasonable game.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Bisse posted:

Man Rek-Sai is insane. drat she-devil.
Believe you me, there were plenty of "Champ OP :qq:" exclamations during the midgame. Rek'sai's mobility is certainly paramount to her success as a jungler - I had ganked bot mid and top by level 4 before Warwick even showed up anywhere. By then I'd accrued enough early gold advantage that my raw damage was just so strong in any gank. Blue Smite is also super good on her.

E: Unsurprisingly, friend requests from over half of those in the game came pouring in.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Tell me what to do with her. :(
Do 3 camps + crab on whatever side you're on (auto+Q it down to get max fury for HP) and you'll be at like 80%+ ready to gank mid or top/bot depending on side. So do that, gank the lane. Regardless of whether you get sick frags, dip back into your jungle to pick up your other buff (you'll have smite up for it). Then gank again. Then get your blue smite and probably some swords, go do a camp without smite, and gank again. Repeat ad infinitum. Hold smite for bird camp if you need to clear wards, or for Gromp since the return damage is solid regardless of whether it's against neutrals or enemies - otherwise smite should be used for zapping enemy champs on ganks. Even it's only for 2 seconds, the slow is appreciable for you since it almost always guarantees you Unburrow on your target.

She's basically just a void bug version of Lee Sin. Clear a camp or two super fast, abuse your mobility to gank early and often.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

NTT posted:

The Rain Man isn't somebody that 'only a few people know'
It's a movie, duh.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The thing about Rek'sai that no one has realized yet is that she is, for the most part, a more mobile Xin.

Rek'sai (not including submarine form)

Q - 45/105/165/205/285(+1.2 bonus AD) physical divided over three auto-attacks; deals damage in an AOE
W - 60/110/160/210/260(+0.6 bonus AD) physical
E - .8/.9/1.0/1.1/1.2 total AD physical, or 1.6/1.8/2.0/2.2/2.4 total AD true (often this isn't a factor)
R - steroid

Xin Q
Q - 45/90/135/180/225(+0.6 total AD) divided over three auto-attacks; knocks up on 3rd hit; target will have -15% armor for the last two hits if not already applied (which inflates the numbers)
W - steroid
E - 70/105/140/175/210(+0.6 AP), applies 25/30/35/40/45% slow
R - 75/175/275(+1.0 bonus AD, +15% enemy current HP)

For argument's sake, let's assume both have 100 base AD and 40 bonus AD (equivalent to the AD jungle item).

Assuming both land all their skills at max rank and nothing more:
Rek'sai - (100*3 +285 + 48) + (260 + 24) + 168 = 1085 total physical damage (likely, given that I'm assuming not-max-rage since you'll seldom have it)

Xin - (100*3 + 225 + 84) + (210) + (275 + 40) + 15% target current HP = 924 total physical damage + 210 magic damage + 15% target current HP, all before factoring in the free 15% armor reduction. Xin also heals for 50(+0.7 AP).

While these numbers obviously are a great indicator of a champion's overall strength or kit, it's a good example to illustrate the over-reactions people have. What makes Rek'sai strong isn't her numbers (which simply compete with other similar bruisers). For example, if we get into sustainability, Rek'sai and Xin are once again fairly comparable, given one heals for 25*level HP on a full rage bar (which isn't always practical), and the other for 26->50 HP every three autos, with no scaling. Rather, what gives her strength is her incredibly strong mobility. She's got mobility comparable to Lee Sin, albeit hers requires more setup. However, with setup down she can become even more slippery than her blind friend. That in and of itself is what makes Rek'sai so strong.

In lane, she's incredibly similar to Xin in function, able to drop a heap of damage tied to autos if she gets on her target. She suffers all the same weaknesses as Xin as well (namely vulnerability to blinds, and poor ability to deal with kiting). Her strength when compared to him, however, is that she essentially gets TP to lane built in to her kit and can ALWAYS take offensive summoners, where Xin has to choose one of the other. Her sustain and offensive prowess in lane is incredibly similar to Xin, as well. Looking at her numbers, though, shows the apparent difference: Rek'sai does better with more bonus AD (encouraging the purchase of offensive items), where Xin has strong bases and free penetration, which allows for a compromise between offense and defense while still providing utility.

Ultimately, if they're going to hit Rek'sai, I wouldn't be shocked to see the bases on Q shaved down slightly, and perhaps a 0.1 or 0.2 AD ratio decrease. However, the change the will likely affect her most will be the changing of the duration of Burrows and CD on her ultimate. With the latter being tied intrinsically to the function of the former, I'd wager we'll see a duration (and perhaps even CD increase) change that is more aggressively oriented, with a small bump in the CD on her ult to follow suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Flipswitch posted:

That Braum splash is nuts. The 2015 log in is Panth fighting red buff, Noc doesn't really have the scorched wooden style arms.

Not to mention it is in the middle of being smited.

• Locked thread