Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

A Stupid Baby posted:

I forget how long it's been, but Trist also got a quality of life buff on her W some time back which when she's in meta turns out to be huge. That thing used to be janky as gently caress and if you got cc'd during it, it would teleport you back to the point where you jumped from, and I'm pretty sure people could still damage you in the air as if you were standing at the point where you jumped from. Her R and E also got normalized to be the same range as her autos, which means lategame you can tack on that healing debuff from safety as well as punt people further away from you if you're doing it from the maxiumum range.

She might actually be the safest of the ADCs with dashes now instead of the opposite like it used to be.

Kog is still probably stronger in general since he takes less items to come online than Trist and has actual lane bullying power, but he's got zero actual escape other than waddling.

What are your thoughts on AP Trist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone has a Target store near by, today is the last day for 25% off all Steam/XBL/PSN/LoL cards.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

GreyPowerVan posted:

My friend always claims I'm only diamond because I play a lot, and he's silver 4. I looked, he has over 200 days played whereas I'm around 90. Of course, when I give him advice such as "rushing nashors tooth on Tristana is bad" he never listens, so I think it's mostly denial.

EDIT: Wait, no, I'm 81 days. And I've been playing since the first month of beta.

That site is really really horribly wrong for a number of reasons.. it's really nowhere close considering it doesn't know win rates, doesn't know your game lengths, queue times, forever etc

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
did placements

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Why is people so mean in league ?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Poulpe posted:

Nooo SaltyTeemo! :ohdear:

Not affected.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
FYI, this will be pushed to live soon

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.twitch.tv/p/thankyou

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

How much hookers and blow could you get from Amazon fun bucks? Would it come with free delivery if you were Prime?

Thank you guys for the Ahri advice earlier. I'll try to eat other lanes since I keep my opponent cowering under tower.

If you have Amazon Prime, you will be eligible for free Twitch Turbo (+adfree) by linking an Amazon account in a few months.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone want to play OFA or Hexakill on Twisted Treeline with me on the China servers?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

Off peak times.

You should move to the first world!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

The Missing Link posted:

Quick Q. Why does /mute all unignore users you had already ignored? That doesn't seem right. That's the opposite of what I want it to do.

Think of it as a toggle.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

:v:

Now I have summoner icons I'll never use!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
edit: removed

Impotence fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 12, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
help

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
New event, Asia-targetted only:

It's supposed to be an end-of-year sendoff or something but I don't think they realise what a dong is (other than local currency)

Impotence fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 30, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

maev posted:

I'm platV and opgg says my mmr is 1628 but the average for my league is 1832. Lolking tells me my lolking score is 1850. What actually gives? I'd love to play more ranked but if opgg has it right then I'll get demoted instantly if I lose right?

no; they both are completely wrong and are just based off leagues;lp;etc of some sort. neither has any bearing on your actual, hidden mmr.

Impotence fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 8, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

you're a baby if you have this many words to write about a ranked game. There are a ton of babies in every elo, but you're never helping yourself to take other players in this game seriously.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Late night queues are so aggravatingly slow wtf.

It's a drat normal.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Hexakill queues have died in the last week. I tried to play it a few times in that time span and queues never popped so I'm assuming people got their icons and quit. That's why they rotate free game modes I guess.

holy poo poo i am still here

edit: after 59:59 it rolls over

Impotence fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 10, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
edit: removed on request

Impotence fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 10, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

bewilderment posted:

I checked, and in addition to the '2014 Gold' icon, I got an icon that looks like a white puffy guy fistpumping with '2014' underneath him. Did everyone get that? Otherwise I have no idea what it's for.

Grats on your good behaviour icon.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Any status updates, gowby?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Your account will not earn any ranked rewards during the 2014 season following an extensive audit of in-game behavior during your recent League of Legends matches.

The personalized audit analyzed your games for examples of extreme harassment including sexism, homophobia, racism and excessive verbal abuse against other players in your game. At Riot, we do our best to try and encourage positive play and reform players who occasionally lapse into negative behavior. However, the type of activity found on this account is never acceptable within League of Legends in any context. We’ve seen some players believe that retaliation is okay, and we want to be very explicit that it is not.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

psymonkey posted:

Good, good...

I want to one up you but I'm too lazy to remember my password right now

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Aerox posted:

I'm probably dumb and missed some announcement, but these two Summoner Icons just showed up in my list and I have no idea what they're for. Any idea?

You play in SR

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Athropos posted:

lmao half the posters in this thread are the reason I mute everybody in this game

why would you not want to read this

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Is this price worth the skin?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

JerryLee posted:

Where is this from? The composition of it screams scam to me.

chinese league client. it's legit, just dunno if i should buy it because i've literally never played heimer

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Is there anyone here that plays a lot lot lot of ranked, like a ton and would be willing to be a test subject for one of my new projects?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

Is it going to get me banned?

No, I just need some data sources that I can talk to to match certain event times up to ensure it matches with data collected, it's purely web-only

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Any newbies want to play games with a newbie on NA? I can't handle level 30s yet.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

eeee time to grind ip

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

I think the only goon that can defeat me on that one is Kog but hey, I love the game so I'm cool with it

fyi that site is totally, horribly wrong. it's effectively something like "assume 50% win rate, check normal wins for now, multiply by 30 minutes" or something equally RNG.

there are no tools that can tell you true time played, the data is not sent/available.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Corbeau posted:

1.5k hours and Plat V. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Oh, that's... kind of lame, actually.

the top list on it also isn't really useful because 1) it's effectively RNG'd information no matter what they do, and 2) the sample size is so small it's like saying gowby is challenger 1 because you have no other people in your list to sort

Servaetes posted:

Eh, well I'm just staring at sheer volume of games won and I'm clocking in around 3.5k normals and probably 500ish ranked games altogether from beta to now. Haven't seen anyone other than Kog with a higher number of normal wins among goons, but I barely play ranked and I'm sure that factors somewhere in there too. And I don't have smurfs or anything because gently caress leveling all over again holy god

i miss you servy

Athropos posted:

Here's something I figured out about the new jungle.

I think you need to start at a buff to get a decent loving leash. If I start smite-gromp, the top laner will basically do 2 autos before heading up to his lane, making me take tons of loving damage and in a pathetic position to clear the whole jungle. If I start smiteless blue, then people hang around a lot more and it's easy to just go over to gromp and smite that poo poo. Why do people give such poo poo leashes in solo queue anyways

Play with friends more, don't solo queue, you will hate yourself

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I'm playing URF on China right now. gently caress yeah.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Slaapaav posted:

VI has above average pickrate (#36) according to this thing that comes up if you type "winrates lol" into google (http://loldb.gameguyz.com/statistics/winRate)

im euw
if you actually want to bother pulling dumb "stats", get them off lolking. they have the absolute largest sample size bar none, most matches, most data collected, so it's more accurate.

the other sites are all significantly smaller.

NB: none of the sites are accurate against riot's data, because there are hundreds of millions of games played that don't reflect on any stats sites.

[sorry, one of my biggest peeves is misrepresented or bad statistics]

Impotence fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Athropos posted:

Doesnt a huge portion of the playerbase never touch ranked anyways?

there are significantly more non-ranked than ranked iirc, and there is a huge population -- millions -- outside the nerds that actually care to look themselves up every game, triggering a data crawl, etc.

i would say there is heaps of selection bias on any stat site other than riot themselves with full data stores to work off of simply because the people that have the most / up to date data on any stat site = people that actually care...

loldb says "Data Collected this Month 575,726,035 Matches" - there are orders of magnitude more tham 500m matches in a month on ONE server, much less the 10 they support.

Impotence fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 13, 2014

• Locked thread