Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wish me luck in my run to diamond 3 before i start this year of college and never play league again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Number 10 of the world with almost a full year played is Silver V lol

My friend always claims I'm only diamond because I play a lot, and he's silver 4. I looked, he has over 200 days played whereas I'm around 90. Of course, when I give him advice such as "rushing nashors tooth on Tristana is bad" he never listens, so I think it's mostly denial.

EDIT: Wait, no, I'm 81 days. And I've been playing since the first month of beta.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 9, 2014

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Servaetes posted:

Yeah. Over the years I think my general go-to's over the years were like

S1: Singed(botlane with a support holy god that was bad), Trundle, Lee, Rumble, Morde
S2: Riven, Rumble, Graves, GP, Skarner (toplane phase also Graves was super rad and cool)
S3: J4, Singed, Udyr, Hecarim, Skarner, Draven, Viktor (Turned into a jungle player because Verviticus bogarted toplane)
S4: Panth, Skarner, Draven, Udyr

I'll still once in a blue moon try to bust out Morde and weirder poo poo I don't play like Lux. A good buddy of mine set up a huge database of normals/ranked games and how many champions I played and of my friends I played the most champions at like 74 but I played like a single game of at least 50 of 74. A guy like Verv plays probably 10 champions period with very very little fluctuation.

I try to play something different almost every game in normals but in ranked I have about 5 champions a season.

S1: Sona for like all 10 of my ranked games.
S2: Ezreal to gold 1.
S3: Mf, Lucian, Morgana, and random mid laners.
S4: Morgana, Morgana, Morgana, Tristana, Lucian, Braum.

ImpAtom posted:

Janna every season all season every role.
Here's Janna with the seasonal forecast.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Methanar posted:

I thought life steal was overpowered as poo poo during beta. Probably because it was. Also I thought stacking auras was the best possible use of my time. Starks soul shroud frozen heart while playing taric.

Hey it's still overpowered, I was in a normal with my bronze friends and went every lifesteal item + spirit visage on graves.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I've met him. He's a douche. We saw Captain America and the last Harry Potter movie together and he forgot who I was within like a year. He's very spergy and we went and got dinner as a group of like six and none of us knew who he was except the friend who was dating him and we all thought it was really weird that he could o ly talk about computer stuff and how he had connections at NVidia and such for a job whenever he wanted them. This was like, mid-S2.

E: he was impressed by how good I am at dance games.

Who can blame him for forgetting you? You're some random goon whose whole life isn't league of legends and at least tens of nerds around the world look up to HotShotGG.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

I saw on reddit that someone is making a league vs Dota mod in the Dota 2 engine and trying to put all the characters from both games in it. I would really like to see that but doubt he will ever finish it. Apparently he was streaming some of his early work but when I went to check it out it was offline.

Maybe if he does complete it, it will bring some closure to the group of people that obsess over comparisons between the games and lose their minds over it.

poo poo I would play that with the caveat that Tides of Blood from WC3 and HoN characters get added.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

AD Thresh was almost a thing when he came out because he was so over-tuned, but he's been nerfed two dozen times since then and you're an idiot if you try it again. AD Lulu was almost a thing too, but her ratios get nerfed every patch.

People build AD Kayle all the time.

But generally the trick is to build someone AP that's usually a tank or better off in a different roll, since long ago Riot put AP scaling on every ability for god knows why and it created some really funky gimmick builds (AP Tryndamere and AP Master Yi were terrors that Riot reworked so they were impossible to exist).

The most interesting AP -> AD build I can remember doing was building AD Ahri in a one-hour game One-For-All against heimer where I just couldn't stand the loving game anymore and built AD to backdoor towers, and a bit of defense so I wouldn't get KO'd by them; She was a pretty decent split-pusher but not good enough to become a full-time gimmick.

As far as tanks going DPS, EU LCS builds DPS Malphite all the time because they're dumb, and AP/Bruiser Cho'Gath is something that works. AP and AD Maokai both work right now but he's really over-tuned and there's no way he's making it another patch.

No, sorry, the best AP build was AP rengar whose double battlecry was something absurd like a 2.5+ ap ratio, I think. Either way it melted people.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NTT posted:

It's not really a dick move because even if your jungler was farming all game and cleared as fast as possible there would still be significant periods of time where camps would be up. Clearing a wave > wraiths > clearing a wave > their wraiths has 0 down time and you are supplementing your jungler' camps with theirs. Your argument doesn't account for taking deeper enemy camps later as well.

Have you seen Udyr? Guy literally can't find enough camps to kill.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lilspooky posted:

I've been considering picking up Rengar for my next champ and since it seems like he can both jungle and top lane which gives him some versatility. What's the current goon consensus on him? It seems from games I've played he's a guy who can often be quite bullshit in his current state with how he can leap out and pretty much 100-0 a large amount of champs in the blink of an eye. Especially if he gets a bit of a lead early on. I've actually never played him since his release so I have no familiarity with him either from his old days of being ridiculously overpowered to when he was basically worthless to now where I'm not sure how he stands.

He's pretty good at the moment.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NTT posted:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1493439108/34336434

Why does my team ( including me ) have 3 mejai's in platinum ranked lmao

Our shaco went mejais and occult and won the game 28-0 a few weeks ago. I wish I knew who he was.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

NTT posted:

This sounds loving hilarious.

He had full build and level 18 when others were still like 12. Would just Q + E and instantly 2shot someone.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cuatal posted:

But you couldn't reconnect in WC3, unless they added it at some point after I quit.

I'm pretty sure most of the dota-clients enabled reconnecting through some magic.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

[url=http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49324224#post49324224]something something lyte ups a guys ban from 14 day to perma rofl[/url[

Great link, A++

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Catpiss Neverclean posted:

Is is bad that this

annoyed me way more than anything else that idiot said?

'lel' and 'u mad' are calling cards for the worst of the worst when it comes to online pieces of poo poo.

I say lel a lot but it started out ironically and it just grew on me. I also try to remain positive in every game and encourage my team :shrug:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Good to see that the 1000 posts I miss still involve people at the statistical bottom of the barrel lecturing everyone on how to play properly.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Noosphere posted:

Haha, let's be realistic here. Bronze players have far more important things to learn. If they can use active items, then more power to them, but berating a bronze player about not getting Mikaels is counterproductive. As a low elo support, it is far more important to learn the basics of vision and objective control.

Actually, as a low elo support, you've still proven that you don't know what things are important to learn.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 26, 2014

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

My favorite sunfire champ in the history of league? Shaco. His Hallucinate used to copy aura effects. Sunfire ,as it was at the time, is the reason why it no longer does so.

Also sunfire is still inferior to randuins in the majority of cases. I'd only get it on someone like Shen and maybe one or two others.

The 5 sunfire shaco was the best shaco.... I wish they would have an april fools type mode where they just revert all these unfun changes they've made.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Would be hilarious to see Innervating Locket Udyr again. I'd totally be up for that game mode.

Also Locket Sona :getin:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kerzoro posted:

What can I say beyond that it works for me? It helps me deal with some of her worst early game problems and the late game speed boost makes her an unholy terror.

... Well, more of an unholy terror.

But yes, I used to build Philo Stone on her back when it existed.

You really don't want to build an item that says "missing creeps is recommended" and then go top lane.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

It's a joke. I don't really want to waterboard lovely teenagers, I'm sorry goons take everything on the internet seriously.

uhhhhuh.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

To whoever was complaining about new Soraka getting free AP from building resists: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...omment=00690002

God that's actually dumb as gently caress.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

note that if you make LCS you have to bring other goons up to play as subs and then cause drama and get your other laners kicked to have a goon team

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Etrips posted:

Please go back to BYOB.

I think poster "Kayle7" is one of the best things to happen to this thread.

Methenar, can't you just carry your mouse?

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 1, 2014

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Chasing the Cup series is really well put together.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Brannock posted:

I seriously cannot believe what they did to Gangplank. Those... those reworks are beyond comprehension. What's up with those changes?

I agree, but at least it isn't the visual clusterfuck that heimer is. Seriously, why should his turrets glow and why are we back up to 5 of them again?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I've come to the conclusion that skill is inversely related to posts in the League of Legends thread, barring Telly/Libertine.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

xeose4 posted:

Everybody wants to do the flashy play that brings your team to victory.

What bothers me is the attitude of people who think they're above hard work and patience. They think that hard work is for chumps, and that they've got the low-effort secret to win games. Just do this one play every single time and you'll win no matter what! Learning how to use your abilities and adapting to the game as it unfolds? No need! This one play works every single time in every occasion! Who needs to know when to QE and when to EQ? Saving flay to peel for your carry? Using the Box defensively? Hooking someone in melee range for the 1.5 stun? Nonsense!

The problem with your post wasn't that you said doing flashy things doesn't get you out of bronze. It's that you said "Doing flashy things won't get you out of bronze, now check out these cool things I did and styled on some bronze players"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Azir is op

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I feel like Ashe and Annie are seriously good right now. I wouldn't pick Ashe vs a Lucian or anything, but if they go Vayne? :getin:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Transient People posted:

Then you play MF and cave her skull in with somebody who CAN smash her. Not Ashe, who gets outdueled at every point and murdered at 6.

murdered at 6?

uhhh are you playing the same ashe with a huge nuke + stun at 6 as i am?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

I think Annie mid is really good right now and really hard to misplay. I don't think Annie support is good at all right now though. When they tuned her ratios to get her out of the support role, they really gave some extra scaling power to the mid full AP Annie and I think people are just now starting to unpack that change, many many patches later. Or just very few people play Annie. A friend of mine has been having great success with Annie mid in some of our premade games lately.

a few pages ago but i meant annie as mid.

annie is awful as a support since they nerfed her stun or w/e they did.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just gotta say that I'm surprised people are still trying to claim that Ashe is the worst ADC when there are a lot of them performing much worse than her.

She doesn't "auto lose her lane" at all.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Arcturas posted:

I've always been a little confused about why Ashe works as an ADC. She has two to three CC abilities (ult & Q & volley), only one ability with an AD ratio (volley), gets a little bit of gold generation on kills attached to vision, plus has her passive that gives her a touch of burst at the start of a fight. I love Ashe - she's one of the three ADCs that I know anything about playing - but I don't understand how those things interact to make her as good as she is. Unlike most ADCs she doesn't have a clear steroid or a bunch of burst skills.

Compare Ashe to building like AD Annie or AD Thresh or something. All three champs have an auto-attack, all three have some variety of CC and all three can build AD items. Yet Ashe works so much better with IE + PD/Shiv + LW. Is it her range (but see Annie)? Is it her passive (a single crit a fight? really?)? Is it her attack speed?

It's because of her fairly decent attack speed, great range, permanent slow on most members in a teamfight, and pretty sizable burst to begin a fight. Also her volley and birdshot are good for brush checking.

Basically you take ashe's 4 abilities, and that's why she works.

She empowers the rest of your team to do poo poo, so that the onus isn't solely on her to do tons of damage. By midgame, she suddenly starts getting tons of kills in teamfights and ends up outcarrying your "but i was ahead in lane!!!" Ezreal.

edit: quote is not edit whelp

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Rudager posted:

I'm not saying she literally isn't an ADC, but that there's no reason to pick her over just about any other ADC because she's a lot of utility with the nukes or damage/attack speed steroids that other ADC's have.

And I don't think a lack of CC from the ADC is a problem in the current meta because every other role is bringing more than enough CC to fights these days.

Whelp, pack it up boys, our team has ENOUGH STUNS. More stuns would be too many, but we currently have ENOUGH STUNS. I do not think bringing more stuns would help.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

I really like Nasus but his power-curve is a bit much for solo queue and I've stopped playing him pretty much. You have to basically pray your team doesn't lose for the first 20-25 minutes while you are essentially useless and then you are immortal. It's such a bizarre style.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I would kill for the ability to play against higher-level players at will, it's like the fast track to getting better. I find the games played against people way out of my ELO to be just less stressful for reasons I can't pin. I get my rear end in a top hat ruined but is gud.

it kinda bothers me there isn't an option for that, honestly. Like in a fighting game you can set the matchmaking to search for "Higher skill", but you can't do the same thing in this game.

silver scrub seeks diamond guy to give tough love

While a fighting game is 1v1, in this game you affect your whole team and if you're bad it ruins the game for the other 4 members.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Telly, how do you feel about supports right now?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Libertine posted:

In what sense, just broadly? I think healing supports flatly outclass most mage supports right now, and this patch with Kalista improves the play-ability of melee supports dramatically.

I don't know that these are the best, or even if my stat lists would agree (I'm going to write up some new ones next week), but I think right now at this very second I could get by playing only Janna, Sona, Thresh, Nami, and Braum. I think those five are all powerful, versatile, strong picks into just about anything, can work with anything, and all have almost no downsides.

I really enjoy playing my pocket Alistar (which is not great) and support Lulu (which is also not great) but those two champions are flatly outclassed by other picks in a ton of circumstances. I already posted yesterday that I think Taric will be a really strong pick with Kalista and I'll probably play him more on this patch.

Morg, Leona, and Blitz are the solo queue favorites, but those three can be beaten pretty extremely badly if you know how to play against them, and I've come to broadly dislike playing the three of them mainly because they require a lot more effort from your AD partner to succeed with than the "generalist five" that I prefer which can slot into anything.

I strongly dislike Zyra, Karma, Zilean as solo queue picks. They just feel really lovely. A decently played healer/shielder negates them completely, has better utility, and will just run them out of the game.

Soraka is good but not great. Even though some people have gotten excited about her rework, it's hard for me to fully get behind it. She has the most healing throughput but too many disadvantages at present and her ancillary skills are very janky to aim. I hate that. The nerfing of her base ADs on this patch is really going to hurt her in ways people can't perceive. One of her strongest attributes in laning has always been her AA harassment (no one ever realizes how hard this hits) and that is like a full rune page less effective now. I didn't think she was in a particularly great place prior to the current nerfs so I can't imagine wanting to play her afterwards. Equinox's cooldown is loving absurd.

Okay, most of that is how I feel too (except I'm still some sort of morg savant and will pick her 100% of the time), but I kind of disagree on soraka. I haven't played her much, but her Q is much easier to aim now, it falls faster the closer she aims it, almost instantly if its near her.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

maknoon is now just streaming himself watching that clip over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Daemonlasher posted:

You're forgetting that Dragon has an AoE attack now so it would need to suffer quite abit of attack damage reduction to even out dps vs 2-4 people and increase attack speed to the point where Pantheon can't do dragon easily.

At which point you realize that would just be going back to last season.
... Really?

• Locked thread