Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yo, i just saw the new op and i can't help but notice the gif of bond whiffing his ult horribly on ez isnt there

someone needs to fix this because i dont have that gif anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A Stupid Baby posted:

as per request

im a little late on this, but thank you

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvNlbVk10SI
:drat:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Minrad posted:

Do you have Autism, the Asperger's Syndrome?

the best post to ever grace a league of legends thread

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

This thread title is way better

its so loving good

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
[url=http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=49324224#post49324224]something something lyte ups a guys ban from 14 day to perma rofl[/url[

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

Please stop spamming your stream. If anyone cares to watch a bronze (they don't) then they will sub to you and watch from that notification.

ignore this guy, post your stream whenever

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

My Diamond hand is strong go make me some dinner in the kitchen for me while I PM other forums users about how they're better than you are

I'm going to have to take this time to ask you to check your Rank Shame Privilege

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
In other news I've found out just how hilariously bad one of my friends is at League. I got home from work and looked at a skype chat i have setup with a bunch of other people and he was trying to argue that Vayne was out-dueling him as trist and it was because Vayne's kit was better than Trist's. I asked him if he was using his abilities and his response was "yes, I'm using her dot then her ult then rocket jumping" "then how is vayne even hitting you? are you rocket jumping on top of her or something?" "yeah, why?" :riot: He's silver V. I don't know how.

Invalid Validation posted:

How are they even doing cases without the tribunal?

its like 99% automated at the moment. If you get enough reports for verbal harassment you get chat banned, if you manage to get more after that you'll get temp banned. Don't quote me on this but I think the only way to get Perma'd at the moment is if you drophack.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Mash posted:

Err Vayne easily outduels Tristana in a 1v1 situation. Tristana only has the upper hand when Vayne can't close the gap because there's a bunch of bruisers punching eachother inbetween the two.

I've always been under the assumption that to slay vayne you just need to hit Q, auto her while she walks up to you since you have a 300 something range advantage on her, ult her back, then auto her while she tries to get back to you or W back if she flashes at you or something. I'm assuming this is at 18 but even at 6 (where vayne probably easily kills Trist because you don't have a lot of damage yet) doing this would probably net you kill

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This edit is probably more effort than that post warrants, but Tonetta's joke made me laugh.

rofl

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thread, I need your help: what should my next name change be to? Currently my two choices are either changing it to Luna Was Here for a normal name, oooooooooooor a silly name like i've had for a while with something new like I ENJOY PENIS or FLAMBOYANTLY GAY, I just can't make a decision

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mysticblade posted:

I'm pretty sure the Lucian build in recent memory was bork > ghostblade > IE.

do this. i think this is also the vayne build but idk. all i know right now is if you go BT first you're not doing adc right

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
~Do whatever the gently caress you want~

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
help

also i changed my name to Triden, that guy who randomly showed up on your list is me no need for literally every single one of you to message asking who it is

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Corbeau posted:

Often a life-saver simply due to the kiting potential. If you're worried about getting brusiered to death rather than assassinated, bork is the way to go.

bork is good on like two adcs right now (maybe three or four, idfk how you build kog/ez). i wouldnt build it if youre afraid of bruisers, i just wouldnt try to 1v1 them and id try to position better so as not to get bruiserd.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Corbeau posted:

Because solo queue teams always make sure to pick a good front line. :v:

Bruiser swarm is much less likely than being assassinated, but it is a thing that happens.

if your team is bad to the point you have to itemize around them rather than the actual game then you probably werent gonna win that game to begin with but :shrug:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wait thats dota?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know who the new headline guy is but i think i like him

Tonetta posted:

I was looking up stuff for a jinx cosplay came across this and almost died

holy poo poo im dying irl

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7w84H7uCU

Last time I bitch about this. I promise. Now contains 50% less funky music.

Also, if I had a stream with a legit internet connection would anyone actually watch it?

probably, out of sheer morbid curiousity at how good you are when on a regular internet connection

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Quick question: I need a new headset as mine is going down the crapper, and at the moment I was looking at either the SteelSeries Siberia or the Razer Kraken since I don't really know all that much about gaming headsets and they are the more popular option. I was wondering if anyone has used either of those or if anyone had any suggestions as to what else is out there.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

K8.0 posted:

The pc gaming thread is a better place for this, but the short answer is that headsets are generally garbage and you should buy good headphones and a separate mic. The sound quality, comfort, and durability will be worlds better in both regards.

this is my eventual plan but when it comes to headphones im an over-ear snob and hate using any thing that isn't over-ear, with the issue being that lots of really good over-ear 'phones cost a lot and you need a decent amp to make them reach true potential (or so I have been told by audiophile friends of mine). Although I would definitely love to get my hands on a Yeti Blue mic or whatever that thing is called

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

also luna i've got a wireless headset from logitech and it owns. the negative is people from mumble follow me when i take a dump but its comfy and owns

I have that one and I'm looking to move away from headsets where just by putting them on my head the bit on the headset that attaches the ear piece to the main body snaps and makes for an uncomfortable using experience. Thats the #1 reason I tell people to not touch Plantronics stuff because I went through two of them in the same exact way. Also I probably would go with the wired Logitech version of this headset except I keep having driver issues with this and I'm gettin real tired of it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

Bring back ladder rankings.

please do this, lets me track progress much more precisely rather than broad groupings that is league system

kingcobweb posted:

Semi-hypothetical scenario:

Say that you're someone's League Personal Trainer and they're a Silver player. You can have them spend 100 hours in any way you choose, with the goal of making them better at League.

What's the best way to invest that time?

mechanics alone will get you to gold

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

In 4.13 we introduced a line indicator (similar to Xerath) over his previous circular one, hoping it would increase accuracy and satisfaction for Varus players - as it turns out, neither of those things happened (OOPS) so we're taking it back to the original. Thanks for the feedback, y'all!
:laffo:

quote:

Increased the size of group chat windows
:frogon:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I know this is moreso meant for the competitive thread, but...
:siren::siren::siren:MID LANE HECARIM LOCKED IN BY CURSE ACADEMY IN GAME 5 OF THE RELEGATION SERIES:siren::siren::siren:
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
:pcgaming:KEEBY GAMING:pcgaming:

e; id link the actual gif but its 20mb rofl

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

I initially laughed, but this couldn't have come at a worse time. I was really looking forward to Asir, Ascension, and the Kraken Cup. :(

I guess they're piling stuff on top of the chat ban. Aside from a very few games, I haven't been rude to my teammates since the initial ban, and I am NEVER racist, sexist, or any other -ist, which is what I thought they were targeting.

rofl

so whats ascended? i dont see anything about it on the front page of league and i just started patching

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

I love Gowby

League of Legends S5: I Love Gowby

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Unfortunately, due to your behaviors you probably should have received a permanent ban. We won't be reverting this one.
holy poo poo thank god i refreshed this before bed im crying it hurts so bad

Angry Walrus posted:

League of Legends: 9/10-Where were you when the Gowby fell?

this absolutely has to be the next thread title

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Holy molly I think Gowby is taking his posting advice from Mr. Pink

guy who was banned from goonmans in CS:GO for trolling in game then when he posts in the thread say hes never actually thrown a round, isn't actually rude to anyone except once or twice, etc

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

NTT posted:

We're never gonna forgive chum let for that are we lol

i would expect nothing less from goons :colbert:

also is cornegg a new gowby alt, i can't help but notice its strikingly similar name to eggcornz and the fact that its a really new account

secondary question: since name change sales are coming up soon what should my next one be, TSM CalmTortoise, Caster Melon, THEDAYGOWBYFELL or TEACHMEHOW2GOWBY. all of these are available atm

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
streaming here, practicing new things and what not come mock me
http://www.twitch.tv/lunawashere

e; stream off while twitch is down

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 14, 2014

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
stream is back up, gonna do a replay analysis and then more games while i fiddle with settings

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

vermeul posted:

Dominion is going to be the new competitive scene. Chicks dig high elo dominion players

dominion players are the hipsters of league: everybody mocks them but deep inside everybody knows they've tried it out at least once

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
http://pickem.na.lolesports.com/en-US#my-picks/group
This just went up on the lolesports site (afaik)
post em

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

stiknork posted:

I would be super happy if TPA went out of groups #1 but I don't know if I believe

http://pickem.lolesports.com/#series/1/user/1812/my-picks

I think the only weird thing I predicted was NJWS out in groups

the other weird thing you did was put TSM in front of TPA. Also whats with people putting Fnatic over LMQ/OMG? LMQ I can see from EU>NA stuff but from the games I saw from them this split I don't see them beating out OMG any time soon.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mushi posted:

I feel like they could solve everyone's issues with playing against nidalee by making her cougar form pounce cost 10 mana.

this is probably one of the best suggestions i've seen for a nid nerf and im surprised people never take into account that half of her kit and 90% of her damage comes free of cost and all of her cougar abilities are on ridiculous low cooldowns for what they do. if theyre going to touch her they need to do it by giving her resource costs or longer cd's (but not both because you then get into butcher territory) because those are the two things that give her strength over everyone else right now

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

grats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

Correct. It looks like poo poo. Thanks for your posts.

btw hows the new account comin?

• Locked thread