Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I just wanted to post in here and say DO NOT TRY AND START A GAME. The servers are right hosed right now, I quit out of the client when I tried to start a bot game for fwotd and the game hung us in the champ select at the "Prepare yourselves for the battle to begin...!". I tried logging back in and the server is not responding in the slightest.

Rip doing anything fun in league tonight I guess.

edit: I just looked back at the login screen, and I'm in the queue to login... in position over 20,000. :shepicide:

editedit: 2hr+ wait time. Guess I'm not going to play league tonight.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

kingcobweb posted:

DISCUSSION TOPIC: Elixirs! I think they're cool and good, but I don't often see them bought before people are at full build. They give absurd stats for the gold, and three minutes is a long time. When do you buy elixirs, which one, and why? Personally, if it's the midgame and I just finished a big item and have 400 gold, I always want an elixir to give me an even bigger power spike.

I immediately buy Elixir of Iron as soon as I hit level 16 as cho'gath and have max feast stacks so I can be the biggest thing possible in the game.

edit: As a real answer, I typically just buy what I think helps my champ the most, I've only really hit full build on tanks and mages, so I either grab iron or sorcs. The sorcery one is pretty good, true damage to enemy champs is a nice bonus on top of everything else.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

fnox posted:

I feel like I lost literally all the practice I had with Thresh. I can't carry with him no more after it was my best champion last season. Maybe I need something new to do with him or whatever, it's like I'm stagnating with him.

It may just be how awful the Janna matchup is for him though.

Also, Morgana fits with everything so long as you have some initiator in the team. If you don't you have bigger problems to worry about though.

Thresh also ate a series of nerfs and changes, and when I came back he felt really poo poo too, but you get used to it. He's still a very solid all around pick, he's just not as catch-all good as he was before imo.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

my pog boyfriend posted:

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&type=bottom-synergy&range=daily&map=sr&queue=5x5&league=ranked

look for yourself! feel free to disregard that obviously stupid lulu 80% winrate because its obvious thats just some duo queue artificially increasing the ranking

I'm a bit confused, you have the Ranked 5x5 selected and doesn't that mean they're games of all 5-man premades? I don't think duos apply in that case.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Since I've got a down day I figured I'd finally get of my metaphorical arse and ask: How does one play and build Darius? I love the hell out of his theme and kit, but I'm never entirely sure when it's better to build damage or tank in lane. I know the goal outside of lane is to have some damage and then just build tanky shitlord so you can sit on people to build up bleed stacks and then dunk people.

What are his worst lanes, what are his best lanes, and how much of an rear end in a top hat am I for wanting to play Darius?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't really play this game anymore but I reinstalled to goof around with a friend and, uh.

Thanks Riot, I think? isn't this a super expensive skin or something?

Just make sure to tell anyone who asks that you definitely got it from a mystery gift, you swear.

To answer your question, yes, it is the single most expensive skin in the shop.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I got Infernal Alistar which I can't really complain about, it's a cool skin for a champ I enjoy as support.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lord Ephraim posted:

I got Shadow Evelynn. Isn't that a lovely recolor with an ugly splash art? Thanks a lot Riot. :geno:

Servaetes posted:

Ladies and germs, we have the loser of the get a free skin contest

Seriously though, Evelynn probably has the worst skins in the game, they're basically all recolors at this point. Safecracker is probably the only halfway decent one.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

a medical mystery posted:

I actually kinda like Tango Eve. The theme gives her a reason to wear those loving ridiculous heels anyway.

You're right, I actually forgot that one. It's got probably the best theme, it's just that none of the skins have any extra work put into them.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tonetta posted:

That second page is even more hosed up do not pass go

I dunno man, that train picture wasn't that bad.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

NTT posted:

Actually Rek'sai is super cute and awesome

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Che Delilas posted:

I think it's just not a very big knockup.

Also, The enemy team can see it.

I was going to post something about all the problems that cause League to be terrible and unfun originate in the other people you can play with and againest, and then I watched that video and died laughing.

That is magical right there.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Lightning Knight posted:

Got my first Goonman pentakill. Thank you for carrying me through bot lane Kiki. :buddy:

First pick Elise support was the real winner in that game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Darth Windu posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/Aoitachan

About to play a game on this girl's stream she's pretty cute and I think she might be threatening to feed so we'll see

Out of the 6 or so bubbles she's thrown, she's only missed one so I'm kind of impressed at least. Also gowby getting camped after he kills talon once.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Flameingblack posted:

She just kept bubble against a stationary Gragas who killed Jarvin, she could have easily saved his life though.

I wasn't complimenting her decision making, just her ability to hit moving targets.

Also Gowby ragequit! (internet died)

edit: and I think he just died to Talon from typing too much?

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 20, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Darth Windu posted:

I really thought I did, I had forced him to back once and killed him when he came back and escaped a first Gragas gank easily. Then he got ONE kill and bam it was all over...so weird

The only other assassin I've had trouble with was Fizz, Talon's jump is too quick to put down a gravity field. It was scary!

If the Talon doesn't know what they're doing you can do really mean things to them, but as soon as they get a single damage item he just shits out damage.

edit: also all he has to do is roam bot and get a double kill and all your work keeping him down is undone.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 20, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Methanar posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/methanar

I've made a terrible mistake

The highlights of the match so far include Meth going for maximum penetration Mantheon and giving up the big spider dude to a lone shaco.

edit: he's making his third brutalizer this is beautiful :allears:

editedit: the enemy team knew to quit before he finished it.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 20, 2015

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Methanar posted:

How was it quality, sound, gameplay wise?

Also that enemy cass was a challenger 3s player.

Everything looked good, the only hiccups on my end were from my internet. The only thing missing was a face cam clearly.

glomkettle posted:

Quality and sound were good, but the gameplay was twisted treeline so points off for that.

On the other hand he got to dunk fools as Pantheon and just build armor pen to continue dunking them with. It was pretty hilarious honestly.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Methanar posted:

a face cam

:golfclap:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Methanar posted:

Okay, trying ranked now on stream. Tell me what sucks. Is the music good? Do I suck at playing? Does my camera control suck? Is 800kbit/s too low of a bit rate?

Requesting feedback

It looks like I missed your second test stream, so no feedback from me on the newest one. From that Panth game though your camera control is fine.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Naelyan posted:

That's some impressive Garen play, right there.

I'm really bad at farming after laning phase ends, it's one of my weakpoints. Thanks tho.

I still did my Garen duty and murdered the poo poo out of their Tristana anytime she got anywhere near me. Pretty much every single kill I got was me killing Trist.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tonight, I learned that if the enemy botches an invade and the Sona support gets a first blood+doouble kill before laning starts and buys a Frostfang and boots, you should considered your rear end motherfucking zoned and/or dead. Repeatedly.

I was that Sona. :getin:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

fnox posted:

they exist to blow ADCs up tho.

The problem is that they would also blow everyone else up while also being nearly unbeatable.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rahtas posted:

Woah, Legumes of the Legend thread on the third page of the games forum? Wth, people. Get back to emptyquoting and bickering about .1% AD bonus on your lulu rune page!

Also, streaming with some goons on https://www.twitch.tv/rahtas

after I scare off those nerds, probably gonna try to get into silver 5 to 4 series! Wooo!

Done streaming for now. Some bayonetta time! Thanks to everyone that played and a special shout out to saffron for being a great sona and also for making sure that dirty Mikujin on Kat doesn't get any kills =) Nice Q's, buddy!

Thanks man! But I'm still judging you for all those missed last hits.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

This image is ruined by lack of Taric's best skin. :colbert:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Grinning Goblin posted:

I think this should be solved by a 1v1 fight in front of baron.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Pickles posted:

Its the worst game mode they've made as long as I've been playing. Just watch this instead of playing it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUVna2bzU8k

This was loving amazing to watch. OP Champions unite for a day off. :allears:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Snak posted:

I'm in that same boat. Is DJ Sona a limited time thing, or can I buy her in like, 2 years when I'm better at this game?

She's just going to be 25% more expensive after the first week of her being out. Still a really sick skin, though my only complaint is that you can't quick change songs, there's a channel time for it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

morning wood posted:

Has anyone dared to play new Veigar? Is it as bad as we thought?

I was playing some goonorms earlier today and Clockthief tried Veigar out. In his words, it was 'loving terrible.'

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

morning wood posted:

Shoutouts to all my goon bros who gave me Annie advice. :getin:

e: Flash + Tibbers may be my favorite thing ever.

Sir you seemed to have not upgraded your trinket and that is a travesty. Think of all the wards you could have placed while you murdered their team with a giant flaming bear.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tonetta posted:

running my stream now, watch me be lovely as I don't know how to animation cancel at over 200 ms less than usual

twitch.tv/tonetta42

I will watch you tactically feed until I have to go to work, also pls speak more tia.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

cadmaniak posted:

Jesus christ as a new player working towards 30 there is no world in which I should ever be matched up against a Diamond in lane.

I'm not allowed to play under 7s football with my brother so why can duo queues gently caress over the entire game for everyone else?

I'm curious about this, were you playing ranked? Because in normals while premade stuff can gently caress with mmr a bit, it's not really that big a deal since your e-score isn't on the line. Take what you can learn and move on to the next game. Or set small goals like 'make sure that rear end in a top hat dies' or something.

Getting matched againest a diamond sucks tho, especially early on if you aren't like chatting with them in mumble where they can tell you what you are doing wrong. The hardest part about learning in that kinda stompy lane is you don't really know what you're doing wrong yet.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I decided to blast through the rest of my promos today after going 1-1 for my first two games, started off a bit bumpy winning one game then losing one game... then I crushed the next 5 games as jungle, with the very last game actually being pretty evenly matched until we finally baited them into checking baron and dunked their team with Malph> sej> Vlad ult all on 4 members of their team.

The result 8-2, hell yeah! :black101: About 4 games in pretty much all my teammates had gold borders, that must mean I'm playing in gold mmr right?

Oh man what'd I get placed into? Gotta be at least Gold 5 right? What's it gonna be-

Silver 2.

:negative:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Maed posted:

I just did the same thing today and finished up my promos, went 7-3 and got bronze 1. Ugh!

My sympathies friend. I lost one of my first 3 games, and I imagine that's part of what set me back so far. Oh well, just gonna have climb the ranked ladder later, no easy season rewards for me is all.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

exethan posted:

Did you guys have bad ranks last season?

I got back into the game at the end of the season and literally only did my placements. Got me into Silver 2 then too. :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jolly well posted:

what league of legends champions would you guys be friends with. i would personally hang out with nidalee and go hunting in the jungle with her(im a good cook, so i could make a nice meal out of the raptors). not to mention she can shape shift into a cat, which is really cool

Skarner, because motherfucking crystal scorpion who is actually very intelligent. Also cause the guy needs a bro, last of his kind and all that.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Fluffdaddy posted:

a 4v5 isn't necessarily a loss? play safe out CS and you have a chance.

The problem is that your team has be to be on the ball at all times, pick the right engages and if the enemy team gets ahead even slightly, which is pretty common to happen in lower elo, you will just get dunked because you're a player down in DPS/CC or whatever. I quite often enjoy playing 4v5 if my team's shown competency because there are definitely things you can do to win, but is a major up hill battle that you are on the losing side of the longer the game goes on.

If your team isn't behind trying to pull out a win 100%, then you will lose. Especially if you're in a game with a bunch of other randoms with no communication, then it's just super unfun and you might as well quit.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I've always kept seeing the argument that if you put too much money in the jungle, then laners will just take it instead! Except all they really need to do is gate it behind the jungle items like Riot sort of has started to do with you getting like 3 more gold per big creep you kill. They can always jack that number up if they ever need to put more gold into the jungle because what laner would give up a summoner for smite and a machete item they probably wouldn't get very much out of anyway?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Servaetes posted:

That... Christmas... Azir... skin...

There is no Pool Party Kalista skin, I am disappointed. I want to see Kalista throwing styrofoam noodles at fools!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tonetta posted:

Glad all the attention is on sej right now when skarner is probably ban worthy if it wasn't for his sub 1% pick rate

he seriously does carry damage with full tank items now it is getting ridiculous.

Oh and you can literally farm to cinderhulk on your first back with ganks.

This man speaks truth. I don't know if the small base damage buffs did anything, but cinderhulk did wonders for Skarner this patch.

jungle item > cinderhulk > frozen fist > locket> whatever you feel like building. Boots to taste, I personally cannot beat my addication to mobi boots though if they've got heavy cc treads are important to get. If they're all slows then swifties are not a terrible idea.

Early game you poo poo out more damage then anyone can deal so if your laners have lockdown to keep the enemy champ from escaping, you can proceed to murder them.

• Locked thread