Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

exethan posted:

Chu8 was actually on team 8 up until just before they got into LCS. He was a solid player for a really long time

I've watched chu8's Heroes of the Storm stream and its really entertaining. I wish I hadn't missed the boat on his LoL days.

In other news, I've been learning the ropes for a few months now and I got my first penta kill today with Orianna. I'm sure it had more to do with the skill levels of my opponents being really bad but drat it feels good to be a gansta. :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I'm level 19 right now and leveling feels terrible.

I have some experience in other MOBA games and friends who are level 30 that I queue with in unranked games sometimes for full disclosure so that might have somethign to do with it.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I'm about to drop some :10bux: on champs. I prefer to play mid or top but every once in a while I'll get a hankering to play ADC. And sometimes I have to support. Ideally I want to fill in some gaps for all these roles so I have a solid roster to learn and choose from.

Here's what I have for mid champs at the moment:

LeBlanc
Orianna
Morgana
Fizz

Top:

Fiora
Garen
Malphite
Nasus

ADC:

Ashe
Sivir

Support:

Morgana
Soraka

I was thinking about buying:

Zed
Thresh
Miss Fortune or Kalista or Corki
Azir or Anivia
Gangplank or Diana

I hate champions that feel one-dimensional. I enjoy playing LeBlanc because I feel like there are a lot of situational plays at my disposal. Also finding the hot route to the enemy backline to delete ADCs is fun for me. I'm not afraid of high skill floor champions but I'm definitely still learning the game. I play with a group of guys who are around silver tier in their ranked 5-stack and I can usually hold my own unless I face a particularly tough or new lane matchup. I like having fun but if I had to choose between a fun game or winning a game I'd choose winning a game. I just realized this reads like a match.com profile but for league of legends and that bothers me a little bit.

If anyone has advice before I spend my rito bux please share.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Yeah I have the rito bux and I feel remorse already. Waiting for sales sounds like the right play (I didn't even know there were champion sales). Let's hope I can resist the urge to turn my remorse into intangible internet anime characters until they go on sale.

Still if anyone notices good or fun champions or holes in my current line up let me know.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I played a game today where the enemy Yasuo went 2/11/2 and in the post game chat told me to kill myself. I was just congratulating our Kindred on containing their Zed who got fed early on. I'm getting it guys! The true League of Legends experience! :holy:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I got a normal draft game in about 1 minute as a level 21 scrub. Also, just noticed I can queue for ranked draft now. That's not supposed to happen.

New champ select is nice.

EDIT: Relogged, cannot queue in ranked anymore.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 14, 2016

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Game two, 14 minutes in queue. First queue pop someone dodged after a ban, second queue pop someone didn't lock in and got a dodge. At least EU LCS is happening so I have something to watch.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
EDIT ^^^^ That makes a lot of sense. So far I have been able to let it not get to me. If there is any balance to my normals experience so far, it is comforting to know that after I get shitstomped there is an equally good chance next game I will be doing the shitstomping and that keeps me going :v:

I played a normal against a gold 3 yasuo and silver 2 vayne. Everyone on my team was level 20-23 (including me, did I mention I am garbage at this game?). :iiam:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
riots matchmaking is holding me back from my true potential

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I have been buying runes as I level. I can't remember how much IP I had at 20 but i'm 24 right now and I have all my blues and yellows, four quints and 6 AP reds. At this rate I should have both my basic pages done by 30.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
It's good to see people so passionate about League of Legends. I'm glad people care enough to have strong opinions on changes to the game like the new queue system. #stayinpositive2016 :shepicide:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

GoldenSeraph posted:

Can someone please make a custom Bernie Sanders Brand skin? It would be glorious

presidential champions skin pack including tahm kench trump skin and obama lucian skin.

edit: fiora is my favorite champion. what really matters is the sweet clutch play i envision in my head, the execution is secondary.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Heehee Hartlocks posted:

why are people complaining about silence just deal with it lol.

league of legends and silence I don't think so, everybody is always yelling in league of legends

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
my 7 day exp booster ran out and i was distracted by other games so i'm only 2/3 of the way to level 28 :negative:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Biowarfare posted:

whats ur username i need to level a character to 30 too

You should know it's my only account and while I haven't played ranked to know for sure (obv), I'm probably playing at a silver level of competency. If that doesn't deter you, it's Nanker Phelge.

If that does deter you it's ok, no hard feelings.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I love Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

flyingkiwi posted:

What if the title was just league of legends s6

League of Legends S6: What if the title was just league of legends s6