Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

real question: i don't get why it's so controversial to say certain dogs are more aggressive than others. isn't that what they're often bred for? is it really just as likely that a golden retriever will maul a small child as a pit bull?

it seems like people conflate human racism (bad and wrong, obviously) with the simple tenets of selective breeding in domesticated animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Xmas Future posted:

Pitbulls are ugly as hell. Why would you want a dog that's too ugly to even look at

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

a lot of hipsters are ironically getting pit bull mixes now

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

ignoring the breed's unpredictable violent tendencies and idiot trash owners, let's not forget that they are irredeemably ugly

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

they are more unpredictable and stronger than most other dogs

that's just media bias and breedism

a pitbull/rottweiler mix is just as suitable a dog for a family with a young child as a yellow lab is

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

purely anecdotal so therefore breedist, but when i go to the park, or dog parks, i notice that a pretty large majority of the pit/pit mixes i see aren't even neutered

smdh

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Clochette posted:

Hating pit bulls because some of them are violent is kind of like hating black people because you got mugged once

just sayin' :ms:

this is what i was saying earlier, where people assume that since racism is bad and wrong, saying "different dog breeds have been designed to have certain behavioral dispositions" outs you as the equivalent of a dog klansman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

u have no choice if u want to adopt dogs that were thrown 2 the wayside by their lovely owners

it's not so much that they're thrown 2 the wayside as it is the owners are thrown in jail for domestic abuse and drug offenses

• Locked thread