Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

suddenlyissoon posted:

I really don't get indie games. They're fine when they've got innovative gameplay but most are just tired gameplay in lovely graphics.

actually indie games own, even the retro type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

isn't all the clipping on this explosion audio great

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Player loses control and gets blurry vision, just what I always wanted.

Much like indies, I've seen this stuff before.

Remedy hinted of live demo of Quantum Break coming at least

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm surprised Microsoft is still throwing whatever shitton of money at Activison to get DLC first, considering the tepid (at best) reaction to Ghosts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cubey posted:

I'm surprised Microsoft is still throwing whatever shitton of money at Activison to get DLC first, considering the tepid (at best) reaction to Ghosts.

Ghosts still sold a bajillion copies and AW is going to sell a bajillion more.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The silly jet fueled flying grenades are nice.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I have literally (literally literally, not figuratively literally) never played a Call of Duty game, but Advanced Warfare looks really cool and I want to try it. Modern war is dumb and boring, near-future scifi war with power armor exoskeletons seems like it could be cool.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cubey posted:

I'm surprised too, but for different reasons. I didn't think the Xbox division had money to throw around anymore.

Edit: Boy, it sure would be fun to shoot down those drones. Wish that were an option instead of lying on the ground all blurry-eyed.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 12, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

MrLonghair posted:

Player loses control and gets blurry vision, just what I always wanted.

Twice in a short gameplay trailer, this is ridiculous and the Vilhelm Scream of FPS shooter games.

e: Hey kudos for the terabyte drive

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ImpAtom posted:

Ghosts still sold a bajillion copies and AW is going to sell a bajillion more.

Didn't it not sell nearly as well as anticipated, though? Most people I know who play CoD are burned the gently caress out on it at this point. Advanced Warfare will still sell a lot but I don't think it'll sell the kinds of numbers that would make it worth paying extra for DLC first.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I have no audio while I'm at work so I'll just assume those awful terrorists with 'A MOVING COMPANY' took down the Golden Gate Bridge. Motherfuckers :argh:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

lmaoooooooooo 500€ cod bundle

get fuuucked

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Veib posted:

I have literally (literally literally, not figuratively literally) never played a Call of Duty game, but Advanced Warfare looks really cool and I want to try it. Modern war is dumb and boring, near-future scifi war with power armor exoskeletons seems like it could be cool.

This was my initial thought as well but it looks like a left trigger, right trigger, non-interactive cutscene like usual. It could be ok though.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

lmaoooooooooo 500€ cod bundle

get fuuucked

At this point, they're just gonna have an xbone bundle for every game released for the next two years.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Did they say that the COD bundle comes with a special controller that makes sound effects?

OH BOY, E-SPORTS

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The gently caress

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Maxwell Adams posted:

Did they say that the COD bundle comes with a special controller that makes sound effects?

OH BOY, E-SPORTS

is it fart noises? will buy if fart noises.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Are they seriously commentating on pre-recorded footage like it's a goddamn Starcraft match

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cubey posted:

Didn't it not sell nearly as well as anticipated, though? Most people I know who play CoD are burned the gently caress out on it at this point. Advanced Warfare will still sell a lot but I don't think it'll sell the kinds of numbers that would make it worth paying extra for DLC first.

"not as well as anticipated" was still 15 million copies which is more than everything not named Grand Theft Auto and head and shoulders above everything not made by Nintendo. We'll see how AW does but it's going up against Destiny for biggest game of the year.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

the gently caress is with these announcers

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Sucks that the beta for evolved moved to January.

I'd actually rather listen to these announcers than most of the presenters.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

the gently caress is with these announcers

HE REALLY NEEDS HEALING

HE UH

HE'S LOW ON HEALTH

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
We've entered the brave new world where game play trailers need hype men.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The Evolve delay happened because they realized they were asking $60 for it and had nothing close to Titanfall hype behind it :smith:

And here's the award for dumbest game title

e: What. Is this the moneyhatting?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

oh gently caress off microsoft

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well, how about that.

The fact that they kept saying "coming exclusively in 2015" make me think the PS4 release is just later.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

New Tomb Raider exclusively* on Xbone

*in 2015

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

cat doter posted:

oh gently caress off microsoft

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

"Fast paced action of a TV show"

what

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
gently caress you Microsoft, although it sounds like it's a temporary exclusive.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

zenintrude posted:

New Tomb Raider exclusively* on Xbone

*in 2015

Really looking forward to Xbox One owners picking up the new Tomb Raider next December before I grab it in January 2016.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Veib posted:

It looks better than recent CoD games, but at the same time looks like a really watered down titanfall.

Singleplayer going for it, I guess?

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Nooo goddamn, I really liked the reboot

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
Why Tomb Raider of all things?

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Is that man's name really Jack Choice?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ps4 literally gets a better tomb raider anyway

its called uncharted

u might have heard of it

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Blinx 3: Quantum Break

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

limaCAT posted:

List of titles that is going to be shown, surprise announcements from sony/ms nothwithstanding (shamelessly stolen from Wikipedia):

Activision Blizzard
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC, PS3, PS4, X360, XBO)
Destiny (PS3, PS4, X360, XBO)

I thought Destiny was made by Bungie :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dreggon posted:

I thought Destiny was made by Bungie :confused:

Bungie is the developer, Activision is the publisher.

Is it me or does this not look very good?

• Locked thread