Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Make him really into the Marvel movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Not Spiderman though, since that's not technically part of the "Cinematic Universe"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
As for my taste in cinema, my heart belongs to the Marvel films. Each one builds upon the other in ways both clever and ingenious. The first culmination of their efforts, Joss Whedon's The Avengers can be described as nothing less than a masterpiece. It is everything a superhero film could ever wish to be, thrilling, heart-wrenching, and of course, always funny, thanks to Whedon's unique ear for snappy lifelike dialogue that can not be replicated. There is however, one blemish on the incredible house of cards that is the current Marvel universe, and that is Sony's damned Spider-Man films. They're churned out by clumsy idiots who know nothing of filmmaking and have no ties to the greater thematic universe.

Now, I do not blame the originals for this mishap, as then the universe did not exist. Still, they're ugly idiot movies that propagate the idea of Peter Parker as a sort of "nerd minstrel" (as you see in the Big Bang Theory). Why they hired "Sam Raimi" a man best known for making the equivalent of cinematic jock-rock for people who think good filmmaking = blood, will always be beyond me. Still, he was eventually stopped when his third Spider Man film was so terrible even Sony had to let go of him, but instead of doing the right thing, and letting the rights go back to those who could actually do something with them (Marvel). Sony kept their death-grip on the franchise and made two films about an impossibly-handsome "nerd" who gets a girlfriend and superpowers, I've seen them many times, and take my word for it, they are as horrid every time.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Write somewhere on his profile "I am a big fan of butter"

and provide no explanation

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Definitely rather not say

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Headline: Welcome, to me.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012