Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I am going to make a plentyoffish dating profile for an imaginary goon which we all design collaboratively, and then get the goon a date with someone who isn't terrible, updating the thread with screenshots of message replies from potential goon date victims

I will share (but not respond to) any spontaneous messages our goon receives, to prevent people making fake accounts to hit on the goon. This goon will get a date with a real person.

Update:

Okay following 5 pages of suggestions for profile content, our goon is now complete:

Time to start dating! I will add screens of messages I send and receive. You are welcome to make suggestions for Kevin's dating activities! Suggest messages to send etc.

We will use one message at a time. I will send the same message out to a number of lucky people until someone makes a new suggestion, and that will become the message.

I will continue to update the lists of replies to prior messages as and when they arrive, rather than listing them chronologically.

The first message:

Okay so I've sent this out to roughly 10 attractive women in the goon's area:

But one doesn't accept messages below a certain word limit so I added a bit for my message to her:

Replies to the first message

Ongoing sagas:

NEW!
H

E

The Second Message:

Replies to the second message

Ongoing sagas from the second message:
NEW! M

S

The third message

The fourth message (is too long for a screencap showing it all)

"You may have a date with me, if you solve these riddles three:

A man has to get a vulpix, a pidgey, and a sack of corn across a river.

He has a rowboat, and it can only carry him and one other thing.

If the vulpix and the pidgey are left together, the vulpix will eat the pidgey.

If the pidgey and the corn are left together, the chicken will eat the corn.

How does the man do it?

#2 what is in my pocket? (not a rude answer)

#3 When you have me you want to share me. When you share me I no longer exist"

Fifth message

""There are a lot of pickup artists on these websites. Are you scared that I am one?""

Sixth message

""Kevin likes your profile. Should you wish to accompany Kevin on a date you should prepare to be overwhelmed by the sheer animal magnetism that is Kevin""

Well none of your goony suggestions worked apart from "Do you have stairs in your house" so far, but I will persevere.

CURRENT MESSAGE

""Meet me for a romantic happy meal at McDonalds tonight. I know the manager, we can get a discount. 8pm?"

FAILDATE 1

So we sent RedLobster to meet someone:

Looking like this:

Of course, the prospect of getting terrible, terrible Kevin a date after just one day of absolutely awful messages to women blinded us to the obvious fact that she wasn't going to show up... (we "wanted to believe"), so RedLobster made a 3hr-round-trip just for a McDonalds.

When later questioned why she didn't show up:

Kevin's journey to find a simple date is not over yet, though, because unlike your typical goon who would give up before even a single rejection, Kevin is determined. Stay tuned.

les fleurs du mall fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

lonesomedwarf posted:

how big does the image have to be, a full body thing or just the face

Just something that looks like a profile picture for a profile like any other

except goony

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

lonesomedwarf posted:

this image doesn't get any hits on tineye so maybe it would work

although i guess it would now?

okay delete it from your post, i have saved it (also delete it from imgur if you can)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Aferisan posted:

if failing to get dates on okcupid is so boring i dont even do it why would making this a community effort be any better.

Because our goon WILL get a date

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

concerned mom posted:

Instead of an imaginary goon use a real one who is willing.

this is also acceptable if we have volunteers for the info and photos but i will still be in control of the account

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Al Borland posted:

Kevin Spears for the name.

that'll do

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
where shall i set as his location?

e: has to be a UK location

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
added an update to the OP with screens for the goon details selection

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I'll include as many of your profile content suggestions from this thread as I can fit / within ToS

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i added the list of options for "describe yourself in one word" setting, there are some good ones

Anyone prefer anything over "brogrammer" though?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Focus on the dropdown menu options first, or i'll just start filling them in, but I don't want you to think I'm being selective to make the task of getting him a date less difficult for myself

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BluPotato posted:

really are those all options they give for a drop down in 'describe yourself in one word' because anyone who uses any of those seems like an insufferable human being.

yeah but we can only pick one

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i've made him 5ft 8

should he reveal that he does / doesn't have a car, or prefer not to say?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

concerned mom posted:

If he's in london then no car, anywhere else it's a must.

okay but does he reveal it or not? Has the option for "rather not say"

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Hat Thoughts posted:

Definitely rather not say

done.

now we need education - we all happy with just "highschool" (that is the minimum)

also what is he "Looking for" (see options in OP)

les fleurs du mall fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 8, 2014

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Al Borland posted:

^^^

This man will get hit on only by slam whales.

Like how good of a date are we trying to get him?

E:

I mean if we're going all out awful. He should have a katana collection and the Art of War should be another of his favorite books.

You could use that one nerd from the It's tape video for a profile picture and have several pictures of him holding katanas and unboxing anime girl games. He has a channel full of the poo poo.

We're trying to get him a real date of which real goons would be jealous, but at the same time he has to be just as terrible as a real goon

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Zedd posted:

Obviously long term, only sluts and jocks sleep around.

Done. setting high school as education, no second language, no kids, single.

Now we need: does he want kids? smoke, drugs, drink, religion, pets, ambition (from not ambitious to very ambitious)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Fagmaster posted:

doesnt like the taste of alcohol

okay, set as no

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

RedLobster posted:

An obnoxious atheist please.

okay, set to non-religious

BluPotato posted:

is there a 'college, some of' option then definitely that

changing from highschool to this then

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

Smoking yes, kids absolutely not, has cats, and "very ambitious."

does he smoke, (no / occasionally / often) does he date people who smoke (and if so, exclusively or not?)

set to "does not want children"

Zedd posted:

A cat? No man he has a snake or something.

okay, instead of cats, "other"

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

lonesomedwarf posted:

make it so that he smokes but only wants to date non smokers

done, but does he smoke often or just occasionally?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

done

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Hat Thoughts posted:

As for my taste in cinema, my heart belongs to the Marvel films. Each one builds upon the other in ways both clever and ingenious. The first culmination of their efforts, Joss Whedon's The Avengers can be described as nothing less than a masterpiece. It is everything a superhero film could ever wish to be, thrilling, heart-wrenching, and of course, always funny, thanks to Whedon's unique ear for snappy lifelike dialogue that can not be replicated. There is however, one blemish on the incredible house of cards that is the current Marvel universe, and that is Sony's damned Spider-Man films. They're churned out by clumsy idiots who know nothing of filmmaking and have no ties to the greater thematic universe.

Now, I do not blame the originals for this mishap, as then the universe did not exist. Still, they're ugly idiot movies that propagate the idea of Peter Parker as a sort of "nerd minstrel" (as you see in the Big Bang Theory). Why they hired "Sam Raimi" a man best known for making the equivalent of cinematic jock-rock for people who think good filmmaking = blood, will always be beyond me. Still, he was eventually stopped when his third Spider Man film was so terrible even Sony had to let go of him, but instead of doing the right thing, and letting the rights go back to those who could actually do something with them (Marvel). Sony kept their death-grip on the franchise and made two films about an impossibly-handsome "nerd" who gets a girlfriend and superpowers, I've seen them many times, and take my word for it, they are as horrid every time.

Astrofig posted:

he loves to read ayn rand and have 'intellectual discussions' of why those darn poors are still poor

Fagmaster posted:

doesnt like the taste of alcohol

Arian_Samurai posted:

List his favorite bands as Radiohead and U2

added all of these, but there's still a lot of space and we need the other more tedious details

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

RedLobster posted:

Make sure you mention how overrated the Beatles are.

Added this and some other suggestions from earlier in the thread to the description, but still need those mandatory fields

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

ilikedirt posted:

make his job be professional mtg player and part time javascript programmer (hs dropout)

adding this as profession

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
So personality in one word: are we going for intellectual, or brogrammer?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BluPotato posted:

brogrammer, because I hate that word

done.

Okay next we need his dating intent

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

My vote's for intellectual.

As for the rest: Drugs sometimes. Intent "serious effort to finding someone." Would not date BBW or those with kids. Parents separated but alive.
Made intent ""date but nothing serious", added "I am a wild stallion who does not want to get tied down right now."
done. We still need longest relationship, income, only child or not?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

RedLobster posted:

No previous relationships

okay, but minimum option is "less than 1 year"

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Juvenalian.Satyr posted:

Only child for sure. Salary should be inflated considering the "profession" but not sky high, something like 40k. No previous relationship, this lucky someone will be popping our brogrammer cherry.

Set salary as 23 - 30k (GBP)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Okay we still need:

Headline

More suggestions for the description

interests

first date caveats

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

concerned mom posted:

As for music I have a pretty eclectic range that has been described as mature for my age although that was some time ago. I enjoy classical ballads, especially when drinking wine in a nice restaurant maybe even on holiday because I don't like air conditioning. If you're a fan of The Smiths, Nirvana, or even (on occasions) Katy Perry then please look no further, I don't wish to talk to you. However, if you like refined auteurs like Nobuo Uematsu who can so deftly plumb the depths of human emotion and Strife (pun intended)

added to description

[quote="concerned mom" post="433266957"]
I'd gladly like to sit down with you over an alcoholic beverage and discuss the finer points of the subject which I have written extensively about so preferably somewhere with wifi access.

Added to first date

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hey dipshits two words of advice for your fake profile:

Firstly, in the UK, nearly no one uses the term high school, they're all called Secondary school. The only exception is if it's in scotland or if it's an all girls grammar or private school which generally are called high schools. Since this is a goon and from london you'd be hence more believable using secondary school dropout instead.

Additionally no one cares about colleges, in Britain they're either 6th form colleges which generally suck (and you would be unlikely to drop out since if you didn't care enough about going to 6th form you wouldn't go to them in the first place) or collections of departments in a university, which again doesn't make sense from a "dropping out of college" point of view.

it's a drop down menu, so high school is the best option (also we do use the term in the UK sometimes)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

BluPotato posted:

Headline: "Bitcoin Captain of Industry seeking his:" someone can finish this for me right?

it has a 42 character limit

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Drone_Fragger posted:

I've never heard it used ever, but it's possible this is because it's more common in the east of the UK I guess?

Not sure, just every now and again I meet someone who went to a "high school" - might be used more regularly for private schools

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

RedLobster posted:

Headline: *Tips hat* M'lady ;)

Done

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Hat Thoughts posted:

Headline: Welcome, to me.

added this on the end of RedLobster's suggestion

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Still need more detail in the "first date" thing, a list of interests, and there's more space for the description too

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Too late

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Hat Thoughts posted:

Definitely she has to pay on the first date

Will you accept "you will have to pay for yourself"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Zedd posted:

"Seeking independent woman that can take care of herself and others, that said I'm willing to go 50-50."

added to the description.

RedLobster posted:

As a firm believer in womens rights I am more than prepared to split the bill.

Added to the first date caveats

concerned mom posted:

It all depends on the photo anyway, unless you're a horrible racist. There's no way this is ever going to get a message or a reply unless the photo is above average.

I think you'll be surprised

• Locked thread