Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

got some cc fraud on my card today and was looking at reviews for the fraud company

quote:

I have been fighting this charge since I first noticed it 07/25/2014 jrincsupport.com for 49.95, I didn't order no raspberry ketones and no I don't want to try any I just want my money, have spoke with several representatives and have gotten 3 different confirmation numbers for refund and cancelations,. I was told the order was placed on April 29th but they couldn't tell me the company the purchase was made with I receive a letter from my bank today where they investigated this and was told I authorized the purchase and placed the order July 24, which is now another date and lie. I now have to call Latanya Dereef back and inform her of the lie, I pray as my bank representative they will not but into this lie. I need my money and don't have it to give to scammers. Wish my credit union would have investigated this foreign charge before they approved it and charged me a foreign charge fee. I canceled my card for new ones so how do jrincsupport refund my money? They day the bank will take care of it. God please help in Jesus name. I pray justice is served for all we are going through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats really sad irl

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

BeOSPOS posted:

to celebrate this new thread, everyone pick out a sweet H4cker name following these steps:
1) the color shirt you're wearing
2) your email password

blue/white/navy plaid, iaPRJ7FwIKOzBifPu18Jy7vHnunCWPPlY78Kieh5

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
white, 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
red09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol lotta n00b passwords itt using only hex space

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
red/black ��A#/q���S �ȳ���J�b��ePͮ�@�

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
speaking of a billion russian passwords, my mother was freaking out this morning because apparently some of the news channels are saying "change all your passwords" but we don't even know yet what services or sites those passwords are supposedly from, do we?

i am asking because i am lazy and tech journalism is poop from two butts

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

yeah whats this 1.2b passwords thing about anyaywys

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Look, local broadcast news' investigative team said its best to change all of them, since this is even worse than the heartlbleed virus, so please just do what you can.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

please god dont let them find my SA password

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

they might accidentally make a good post on your behalf

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

o thatll never happen

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

OSI bean dip posted:

nah but i have been using canary to poo poo all over alex holden

nobody kink shame this man

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Heresiarch posted:

speaking of a billion russian passwords, my mother was freaking out this morning because apparently some of the news channels are saying "change all your passwords" but we don't even know yet what services or sites those passwords are supposedly from, do we?

i am asking because i am lazy and tech journalism is poop from two butts

since she probably has one and only one password, rotating it probably isn't a bad idea anyway. :shobon:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
white and blue plaid flannel

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
is there even any information about what high-profile sites were broken into? and whether any such site was being stupid about password storage?

i make all of my passwords as long and random as a given site will allow (github allows ridiculously long ones, incidentally), so if a site i use was compromised and a pbkdf2-sha256 version of my password was leaked, i'm not very worried

i have so many things in my keepassx database to change :/

e: "what sites" was just asked a few posts ago and i somehow totally missed it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

yeah but what sites got hacked?

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator

Volmarias posted:

since she probably has one and only one password, rotating it probably isn't a bad idea anyway. :shobon:

rot26 comes in handy here

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what was the break

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
wow, my gas company actually lets me set a 256-char password

e: and then log in with that password, which is an important corollary to accepting something that long in the "change password" page

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Volmarias posted:

her passwords are all awful but they are at least unique to each site

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Lysidas posted:

wow, my gas company actually lets me set a 256-char password

See if it even uses more than the first 8

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
password mismatch if i truncate even a single character at the end

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
we used to use case insensitive passwords

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Tiny Bug Child posted:

you worked for blizzard?

Twenty-Seven
Jul 6, 2008

I'm so tired
security thread likes TextSecure right? the open whispersystems people finally have something on ios https://whispersystems.org/blog/signal/
just calls now but texts "this summer" they say

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

graph posted:

why was the previous one closed

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator

Tiny Bug Child posted:

is that for one handed hardcore password entering action?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Twenty-Seven posted:

security thread likes TextSecure right? the open whispersystems people finally have something on ios https://whispersystems.org/blog/signal/
just calls now but texts "this summer" they say

knocking it out of the park again :worship:

sometimes i think moxie is the only crypto developer actually worth a poo poo

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Rufus Ping posted:

knocking it out of the park again :worship:

sometimes i think moxie is the only crypto developer actually worth a poo poo

bernstein

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

loading hacking tools

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

loading hacking tools

quote this post to protect yourself from hacker tools stealing your IP address

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

BeOSPOS posted:

quote this post to protect yourself from hacker tools stealing your IP address

are you a cop?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Look, local broadcast news' investigative team said its best to change all of them, since this is even worse than the heartlbleed virus, so please just do what you can.

this

also dont use https as you change it, that channel has already been compromised. make sure youre on regular port 80 http before you change your pw

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

anthonypants posted:

are you a cop?

u have 2 tell me if uyre a cop

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we're good but are still rolling out 2fa to look good

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lysidas posted:

password mismatch if i truncate even a single character at the end

now check to see what happens if you use the password reset

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

anthonypants posted:

are you a cop?

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

because goons were probably about to try breaking into a site a vulnerability was discussed about and start talking about it and closing a thread is a reminder to shut up if you do something dumb whether it works or not

• Locked thread