Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
lol if u dont w3m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
it uses gnome iirc

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

what is this is it just a linux with a bunch of hacking tools preinstalled?
yes

aren't all linuxes basically that minus the security part though

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

jony ive aces posted:

yes

aren't all linuxes basically that minus the security part though

Mostra linuxes advertise themselves as 'almost indistinguishable from usable' and not 'the most advanced hacking interface of all time'

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
if it doesn't play a 28.8 handshake during login over the PC speaker it's not the most advanced hacking interface of all time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
DANGER!!! VIRUS ALERT!!! THIS IS A NEW TWIST. SOME CREEPOID SCAM-ARTIST IS SENDING OUT A VERY DESIRABLE SCREEN-SAVER {{THE BUD FROGS}}. IF YOU DOWN-LOAD IT, YOU'LL LOSE EVERYTHING!!!! YOUR HARD DRIVE WILL KERBLAM..CRASH!!

DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!! IT JUST WENT INTO CIRCULATION ON 05/13/97, AS FAR AS I KNOW!!

PLEASE DISTRIBUTE THIS WARNING TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

attachment: loveletter.vbs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was discovered......Morton and Mcaff have now issued warmings about it as well!!! If you have an program called "MicroSoft PowderPoint".....Do Not Open it!!!!!. Delete it right away!!!!!! This virus removes all danger listener links (DLL programs) from your computer!!! It will also Delete your Credit Cards and cause your hard drive (C:) to BURN

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST.......

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Beeftweeter posted:

danger listener links (DLL programs)

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Beeftweeter posted:

Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was discovered......Morton and Mcaff have now issued warmings about it as well!!! If you have an program called "MicroSoft PowderPoint".....Do Not Open it!!!!!. Delete it right away!!!!!! This virus removes all danger listener links (DLL programs) from your computer!!! It will also Delete your Credit Cards and cause your hard drive (C:) to BURN

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST.......

excuse me but your hard drive will not burn. hard drives are made of metal and are therefore not flammable. What it will do is BURN THE ZERO SECTOR OF YOUR C: DRIVE TO DESTROY ALL YOUR DATA.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

WARNING* *WARNING* *WARNING* *WARNING* *GAMING FRIENDS - TAKE NOTE !!!! : This was on CNN this morning. Do not click on a link that says it is a game for Twilight the Movie "BREAKING DAWN", it will have a picture and everything. This is not associated with FB. FB says this is the worst virus ever!!! PLEASE REPOST FOR YOUR FRIEND

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

WARNING* *WARNING* *WARNING* *WARNING* *GAMING FRIENDS - TAKE NOTE !!!! : This was on CNN this morning. Do not click on a link that says it is a game for Twilight the Movie "BREAKING DAWN", it will have a picture and everything. This is not associated with FB. FB says this is the worst virus ever!!! PLEASE REPOST FOR YOUR FRIEND

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

this virus will opend olympic torch on your hard drive, burning away the sector zero permanent!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

atomicthumbs posted:

excuse me but your hard drive will not burn. hard drives are made of metal and are therefore not flammable. What it will do is BURN THE ZERO SECTOR OF YOUR C: DRIVE TO DESTROY ALL YOUR DATA.

URGENT NOTICE! PLEASE READ MY FRIENDS! ALERT POLICE AUTHORITIES: At your computer and my, circulates this notice to your friends and family contacts! In the coming days be aware: do not open any message containing an attached file called "Windows Live Update" regardless of who you send. It is a virus that burns the whole hard drive. This virus comes from a known person who has your address list. This is why you should send this message to all your contacts. If you receive a message with the attachment "Windows Live Update", even if sent by a friend, do not open it and immediately turns off your computer. This is the worst virus announced by CNN, and has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday. There is no possibility of repair for this type of virus. He simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk. Remember - you: if you send this information to your contacts, you will protect us all. Passed on from a friend

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

spankmeister posted:

attachment: loveletter.vbs

ahhh that takes me back.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

computer toucher posted:

ahhh that takes me back.

the cute receptionist at my office got that and of course every desperate lonely nerd in the office saw her name and a subject of I LOVE YOU and clicked till their mouse button melted.

(not me)

(i wasn't in the office that day)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

A hacker claims to have hacked a network of the surveillance technology company Gamma International and has published 40 gigabytes of internal data. A Twitter account has published release notes, price lists – and source code. Malware researchers and human rights activists welcome the publication, Gamma itself refuses to comment.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
"I am personally going to reuse it at cryptoparties."

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cryptoparties

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

key parties

Ireland Sucks
May 16, 2004

95% of the leaked stuff is encrypted so good luck

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Tiny Bug Child posted:

we used to use case insensitive passwords

why'd you switch

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

a nice read: http://www.c7zero.info/stuff/DEFCON22-BIOSAttacks.pdf

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

quite a nice read indeed

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
osi is there an agenda for the thursday thing.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

osi is there an agenda for the thursday thing.

1) beer
2) beer
3) chat
4) beer

that's pretty much about it. it's pretty casual. i usually come at around 6 and leave before 9. 20-30 people show up

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

oh hey someone is actually using the intel security brand

but without the silly logo that still has the mcafee shield

and also all the mcafee ip that still just says mcafee

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

IPvSH6T posted:

oh hey someone is actually using the intel security brand

but without the silly logo that still has the mcafee shield

and also all the mcafee ip that still just says mcafee

ah I didn't even notice "Intel Security" on the first page, I just recognized their wacky corporate typeface

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

minivanmegafun posted:

ah I didn't even notice "Intel Security" on the first page, I just recognized their wacky corporate typeface

http://www.intelsecurity.com/

p lol. literally everything that isn't a link to legal/trademarkstuff boilerplate goes to the mcafee.com website, which has just has intel in smallfont below the same old mcafee logo. pagancow where are you we need your admarketingknowledge.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anybody post this yet http://www.nsa.gov/kids/bios/bios00001.shtml

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
I like T. Top®'s neckbeard.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

please dont post nadim's private svn

edit: Decipher Dog® moddsssss

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 12, 2014

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

funny that you should post this

http://crypto-cat.tumblr.com/post/94354571606/on-sun-10th-aug-2014-at-9-16-am-help-center-web

lol

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

OSI bean dip posted:

that sort of reminds me of how you can get root access on a boxee box and various other devices. just append characters after a setting on-screen

it was a one-pointer "baby's first" challenge in def con ctf qualifiers https://github.com/0xPoly/defcon-ctf2014/blob/master/routarded.txt

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it was a one-pointer "baby's first" challenge in def con ctf qualifiers https://github.com/0xPoly/defcon-ctf2014/blob/master/routarded.txt

awesome

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Hak5 should turn it around like "well yes you get out of pineapple what you put in. just deploy it without care and it's everyone's router to use"

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
"why would you blindly trust a pen testing, black hat security company anyway? you guys didn't even find the *real* backdoors we put in."

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Hak5 should turn it around like "well yes you get out of pineapple what you put in. just deploy it without care and it's everyone's router to use"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
http://dustri.org/b/torbundlebrowserorg.html

takeaway from this article:

quote:

Their server is a stack of outdated crap, proudly powered by cPanel, feel free to root them for more details.

• Locked thread