Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
do i really believe bin laden is a folk hero who owned america on 9/11 or do i just like having contrarian opinions irl???? i think its this websites fault

i'm gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Are you being sarcastic?

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
I can't remember if I'm an ironic shitposter or just really lovely at posting. I'm thinking the latter

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
hi there

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Nobody cares about your opinions so does it really matter OP? It's about as relevant to other people as what you personally had for breakfast last month.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

Would

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hobohemian posted:

Nobody cares about your opinions so does it really matter OP? It's about as relevant to other people as what you personally had for breakfast last month.

no it matters it loving matters IT MATTERS IT loving MATTERs

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pon de Bundy posted:

Nothing matters OP. Not you, not me, not our opinions.

There's nothing but shitposting.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
death to israel

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

Nothing matters OP. Not you, not me, not our opinions.

There's nothing but shitposting.

if shitposting matters as much as anything else, doesnt that mean everything matters?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Pon de Bundy posted:

having nonsense beliefs and knowing you do is a step above everyone else. I suggest you embrace it.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

this is all a dream

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

Ruby got Railed posted:

this is all a dream

It's a dream inside a dream

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pon de Bundy posted:

if shitposting matters as much as anything else, doesnt that mean everything matters?

Let me quote the only existentialist TV show to ever air, Angel:

quote:

Angel: Well, I guess I kinda worked it out. If there's no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters... , then all that matters is what we do. 'Cause that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today. I fought for so long, for redemption, for a reward, and finally just to beat the other guy, but I never got it.

Kate Lockley: And now you do?

Angel: Not all of it. All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because, I don't think people should suffer as they do. Because, if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

Kate Lockley: Yikes. It sounds like you've had an epiphany.

Angel: I keep saying that, but nobody's listening.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

Let me quote the only existentialist TV show to ever air, Angel:

If you need television to give you moral or intellectual guidance there's a show you might like that will help illuminate the importance of friendship and the magic found therein.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hobohemian posted:

If you need television to give you moral or intellectual guidance there's a show you might like that will help illuminate the importance of friendship and the magic found therein.

Look at the snob here who only gets moral guidance from dead frenchmen.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hobohemian posted:

redshirt posted:

Look at the snob here who only gets moral guidance from dead frenchmen.

A plague a'both your houses

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
maybe op should have a chat with "niggerstomper58"

some times.. these forums drive us all... a little mad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Same

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Must have been some earlier version of FYAD that wasn't clapped out like Nina Hartley and fuuuucking boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I have absolutely zero sympathy for women who are the victims of domestic violence, for a multitude of reasons. Most notably, the constant hand-wringing about violence against women puts the lie to the feminist claim that gender is just a social construct. If women have all the same rights and responsibilities as men, if denying privileges to someone because of the shape of their genitals is morally wrong, then that means there’s nothing wrong with bashing a woman’s face in — or, more accurately, it’s no more wrong than bashing a man’s face in. "Teach your son that all violence against women is wrong." What if she’s coming at me with a kitchen knife? Do I get to defend myself or does the code of chivalry require me to stand there and let her stab me through the heart?

But more importantly, the reason I don’t care about women who are beaten by their men is because they put themselves in that situation. Spengler’s Universal Law of Gender Parity:

"In every corner of the world and in every epoch of history, the men and women of every culture deserve each other."

Women are masters of refusing to accept the consequences of their own behavior. Girls who habitually end up in relationships with abusive men do so because they are attracted to men who abuse them. Of course, point this out and the rationalizations will sputter forth: “He wasn’t like that when we first started dating! He only started abusing me after we got married/moved in together!” Can it. Jekyll/Hyde transformations are impossible for anyone to pull off. People can change, but change is slow and incremental; it doesn’t happen overnight, nor after a wedding. If you paid attention, you could have seen signs that your man was an abuser, but you ignored them because unconsciously, that’s what turns you on, what gets you wet.

Finally, I have no sympathy for most abused women because a great many of them deliberately incite their men into attacking them, if not by being physically abusive themselves, then by creating drama. Extreme cases of this are diagnosed as borderline personality disorder, but a great percentage of the normal female population engages in this behavior as a matter of course. I found this out the hard way.

• Locked thread