Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Something that stuck out to me while watching the finale just now is Thack didn't go to Ping Wu even when he was hitting bottom. He went over there an episode or two ago and paid for his opium like a customer. He shot up residue from coca-cola bottles he found in alleys and pathetically begged the patent medicine scumbag for a loan, but he never allowed himself to be indebted to Wu. Barrow's going to have a difficult second season.

Kulkasha posted:

Both of those things are gone now and there's no reason for him not to go and work for Zinberg, who Bertie clearly admires.

During the hospital board meeting one of the suits said (paraphrasing) the only surgeon they have left is Algernon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No bid COVID
Jul 22, 2007

Speaking of Algie, is he dead? Did anyone else get that impression from the end of that fight?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Unluckyimmortal posted:

Speaking of Algie, is he dead? Did anyone else get that impression from the end of that fight?

It's definitely supposed to give you that impression. At the very least "coma." But I also can't shut up the voice that's telling me its a TV show so of course he isn't dead because they wouldn't just kill off their black lead after a punch-up in a 1900's period piece.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I assumed he was just knocked out, I would imagine the people would have been reacting in a more "run away from the body" manner if he was dead.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Inspector_666 posted:

I assumed he was just knocked out, I would imagine the people would have been reacting in a more "run away from the body" manner if he was dead.

Yeah, I don't think he was dead. He just passed out after a solid beating. Didn't look like everyone was robbing him so that was nice.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Ahahaha what?! He wasn't even remotely supposed to be dead or permanently injured, he got knocked out in a self-destructive streetfight because of the Cornelia thing by a negro bar patron much better at fighting than him, and it was entirely his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just binged on this series.

"Our budget doesn't allow for pregnant prostitutes!" is probably the best line I've ever heard Clive Owen say.

I spent most of my time cringing.

I really liked it... didn't love it, but will definitely be tuning in next season.

• Locked thread