Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Drama in a MMO? I am shocked and appalled.

Someone link the source thread please since any MMO could have caused that meltdown, and my first three guesses were wrong.

Edit: Context for top of page.

Kewpuh posted:

This might might earn me a ban or probation but gently caress it.

gently caress all of you, there's petty, and then there's this poo poo, you are all children, my own fault for associating with you pieces of poo poo.

Since you seem to be sweet on me central, gently caress you, I have no idea what your deal is with me.

As for the avatar buyer, congrats, you won, this is what you wanted right? Make me rage in the forums? Well here you go, enjoy your prize you worthless piece of poo poo, even then I don't wish horrible things on you, just pity that's you would take this far, and for what? Because I find creepy images, creepy? Because I can point flaws in the game you all love so much? Because I think your stupid jokes are old and tired? For that? Really?

And you know what its not even about the avatar, I'm always trying to find a spot to fit in, I thought I found that here, silly me, its for reminding me of what I don't have anymore, about how the one person who truly made me feel like I belonged is loving dead, that's what's this all bullshit reminds me off, I wish it was as simple as a stupid avatar, you wouldn't be the first, but probably the last.

I'll be 30 in a month and its like I never left highschool whenever I use the net, but mostly when I get involved with goons, exceptions of course, Kazoo, Ashley, Goshawk, all wonderful people, a few I didn't mention.

So gently caress it, congrats, really congrats, you pushed me over the edge. Enjoy friends, quote and laugh, enjoy my ban.

And no worries, I have 0 intention of escalating this in any capacity, this and what I said guild chat are the long and short of it.

Hope you all have a swell day, I truly do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe
Enjoy

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575808&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=532#post433361448

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Did someone murder their friend in real life or something?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oh thank god it's that guy, I hate seeing that guy in threads

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well, at least kewpuh hasn't gone insane? That's good.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Well, at least kewpuh hasn't gone insane? That's good.

He's a mod, so there was never a question of sanity in the first place.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I appreciate the kind words about the Twitch news thread but I just want to point something out - posts like this still happen:

Blister posted:

That'd be nice, every so often something like Twitch's policy change happens that is game related but not a game and there really isn't a good place to talk about it unless you can find the right giant megathread talking about it at the moment

And it's not Blister's fault, don't get me wrong, but what I saw happen with the Twitch thread was that it got three pages of discussion, but like five or so pages each were dedicated to the news in megathreads for games that are actually affected by the changes. Because there are like, five major huge games affected by these, the Twitch thread was pretty immediately buried off of the first page, and we all know nobody reads page 2. At the same time, though, I don't want a forums police being like "[x] IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THIS MEGATHREAD AS [y] THREAD ALREADY EXISTS, DISCUSS IN THERE."

It's a problem I don't really know a solution to.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Page 2 is pretty good.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
His avatar is literally perfect

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

The State of Games: It rules

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

SA hall of fame entry right here

Every single sentence in it can stand by itself, it's glorious

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Mercury Crusader posted:

The State of Games: It rules

Completely

I forgot to mention it previously, but thanks Kewpuh for taking time to post this thread and respond to criticisms or ideas we've had. It's great to be able see and give some honest feedback, also helped me see past my myopic view of the forums, nerd.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Isn't Alteisen the guy who wants to gently caress Rosalina from Mario?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Robin Williams is dead it is a sad day today this is game related because his daughter name is Zelda this is a sad day

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Kewpuh posted:

Robin Williams is dead it is a sad day today this is game related because his daughter name is Zelda this is a sad day

Not THIS goddamn hoax again...

Why is it always Robin Williams, anyways? What do hoaxers have against the guy?

Edit: gently caress I looked it up it's actually true this time. drat.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Kewpuh posted:

Robin Williams turned his back on gaming when he ceded his responsibility to voice Genie in Kingdom Hearts to Homer Simpson. He shall not be mourned by this forum.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Kewpuh posted:

You did this, you ruined everything, why did you kill Robin Williams

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

J-Spot posted:

Robin Williams turned his back on gaming when he ceded his responsibility to voice Genie in Kingdom Hearts to Homer Simpson. He shall not be mourned by this forum.

were not gonna mourn you either after you taste the sting of my valiantium blade

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kewpuh posted:

Genie will live forever in my heart god drat it :smithicide:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

J-Spot posted:

gently caress him, if he had been voicing Genie then this might've meant we wouldn't have to go to Agrabah again in Kingdom Hearts III.

jk I loving love Aladdin. If only the character models for Genie and Iago weren't so dead eyed and terrifying.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Kewpuh posted:

We've lost a gamer today.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if it's too late to swap Robin Williams for Robbie Williams?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I could go for some Roberta Williams point and clicks right now.

Dec 26, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

This might might earn me a ban or probation but gently caress it.

gently caress all of you, there's petty, and then there's this poo poo, you are all children, my own fault for associating with you pieces of poo poo.

Since you seem to be sweet on me central, gently caress you, I have no idea what your deal is with me.

As for the avatar buyer, congrats, you won, this is what you wanted right? Make me rage in the forums? Well here you go, enjoy your prize you worthless piece of poo poo, even then I don't wish horrible things on you, just pity that's you would take this far, and for what? Because I find creepy images, creepy? Because I can point flaws in the game you all love so much? Because I think your stupid jokes are old and tired? For that? Really?

And you know what its not even about the avatar, I'm always trying to find a spot to fit in, I thought I found that here, silly me, its for reminding me of what I don't have anymore, about how the one person who truly made me feel like I belonged is loving dead, that's what's this all bullshit reminds me off, I wish it was as simple as a stupid avatar, you wouldn't be the first, but probably the last.

I'll be 30 in a month and its like I never left highschool whenever I use the net, but mostly when I get involved with goons, exceptions of course, Kazoo, Ashley, Goshawk, all wonderful people, a few I didn't mention.

So gently caress it, congrats, really congrats, you pushed me over the edge. Enjoy friends, quote and laugh, enjoy my ban.

And no worries, I have 0 intention of escalating this in any capacity, this and what I said guild chat are the long and short of it.

Hope you all have a swell day, I truly do.

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

We've lost a gamer today.

we have. the state of games is: mourning

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

01011001 posted:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OG Necromancer posted:

I also like the chill atmosphere although i don't know why people seem to think it isn't chill enough. If posting expectations get too relaxed Games would just become a redundant Imp Zone.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm Cowcaster and I'm sad Robin Williams is gone.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

J-Spot posted:

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

01011001 posted:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
http://www.craveonline.co.uk/gaming/articles/741349-rip-robin-williams-8-video-games-loved-play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 12, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

rip

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
RIP

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm banning everyone disrespecting Robin Williams right now. I'm doing that. I've got a red star I can do that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Cowcaster posted:

I'm banning everyone disrespecting Robin Williams right now. I'm doing that. I've got a red star I can do that.

He was a good guy and will be sorely missed

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Red star at night, mods delight
Blue star in morning, Cowcaster in mourning

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

This commercial has gone from being a really sweet thing to the most bittersweet :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Emalde posted:

This commercial has gone from being a really sweet thing to the most bittersweet :(

Agreed actually :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

• Locked thread