Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
http://www.businessinsider.com/gluten-sensitivity-and-study-replication-2014-5
http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2014/05/gluten_sensitivity_may_not_exist.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-many-people-with-gluten-sensitivity-havent-had-proper-tests-2014-07

quote:

The subjects cycled through high-gluten, low-gluten, and no-gluten (placebo) diets, without knowing which diet plan they were on at any given time. In the end, all of the treatment diets — even the placebo diet — caused pain, bloating, nausea, and gas to a similar degree. It didn't matter if the diet contained gluten.

"In contrast to our first study … we could find absolutely no specific response to gluten," Gibson wrote in the paper. A third, larger study published this month has confirmed the findings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Gluten makes me poop funny.

Try to deny it. Do it.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I worked at a place that told people we didn't have a gluten free menu and when they asked what didn't have gluten in it, the managers just told us to say everything does and you should probably eat somewhere else. I think they were ahead of their time.

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Try to deny it. Do it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Today was the wrong day to give up glueten sniffing.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

Obligatory Handle posted:

I worked at a place that told people we didn't have a gluten free menu and when they asked what didn't have gluten in it, the managers just told us to say everything does and you should probably eat somewhere else. I think they were ahead of their time.

Rocks are gluten free. Meat is gluten free. Water is gluten free. Gluten typically occurs in products made from some sort of grain. Think pasta and bread.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Obligatory Handle posted:

just jerk off on a green salad and say it's salad w gluten free dressing

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

Ben Smash posted:

Rocks are gluten free. Meat is gluten free. Water is gluten free. Gluten typically occurs in products made from some sort of grain. Think pasta and bread.

I know this. The thing is, if it's your diet and you have to stick to it, the burden should be on you to look at the menu and figure out what your body can handle.

El GiNGiS
Jun 7, 2007

:ese::byodame:
Every girl I know including my roommate is freaking gluten free. It drives me nuts. It's akin to believing in ghosts or Jesus.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

why are you reposting lovely topics from earlier this week? gently caress u op

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Check your gluten privilege.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

El GiNGiS posted:

Every girl I know including my roommate is freaking gluten free. It drives me nuts. It's akin to believing in ghosts or Jesus.
get them all in one place then drop trou, bend over w rear end facing them, start making GBS threads, then point 2 ur crusty log say this here, this is the gluten...

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Try to deny it. Do it.

It's not the gluten

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I have ibs

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

I have Crohn's Disease. What's your point?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
gluten sounds like a DBZ character

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Ben Smash posted:

I have Crohn's Disease. What's your point?

Self diagnosed like your Autism?

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I'm lactose intolerant but I have the poo poo to back it up.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

I thought you were gay - which is it???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Saga posted:

how d you think his bowels became irritable

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Saga posted:

I have aids

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Try to deny it. Do it.

Like clowns coming out of your rear end?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I thought I had IBS, then my appendix finally burst, turned out my appendix was hosed, for 20 years. when I looked back on all the stupid poo poo I did to avoid crippling pain, that never worked....
Well, at least that's something I don't need to experience again.

VVVV Probably this too, as there is no actual test for IBS, if nothing else comes up, its usually (grudgingly) attributed to that. VV

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 8, 2014

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

99.999% of the time people who say they have IBS actually just have a terrible diet.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

Self diagnosed like your Autism?

I had to poop in a bag on the side of my stomach and am missing 2 feet of intestine as a result of serious surgery.

Quote-Unquote posted:

99.999% of the time people who say they have IBS actually just have a terrible diet.

What, mountain dew and cheetos is not a balanced diet?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I never met someone with a gluten sensitivity. What am I missing ?

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
?

Ben Murphy fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 20, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Quote-Unquote posted:

I thought I had IBS, then I stopped getting shitfaced drunk every night and eating only fast food. My colon works as intended now. Bonus, I lost weight.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
It's not that I'm intolerant of people who actually have celiac disease, It's that I'm intolerant of bandwagon shitheads loving with their diet because they think it'll make them skinny.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Toiletron 9000 posted:

Like clowns coming out of your rear end?

There's a Skeeter Valentine "Honk Honk" every time.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ben Smash posted:

I had to poop in a bag on the side of my stomach and am missing 2 feet of intestine as a result of serious surgery.

What, mountain dew and cheetos is not a balanced diet?

As opposed to lighthearted comedy surgery.

1 goon 1 bag. What is it with goons telling us where they poo poo today.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Or an untreated anxiety disorder.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I know someone with celiacs disease, I am pretty sure she would murder someone to be able to eat gluten but she sure is enjoying this rich white people insanity fad while it lasts.

Oh and also I was listening to NPR as my kind are given to do about GMOs and there was a crazy lady saying that all the the gluten sensitivities now are from GMO wheat and it's killing people blah blah blah and they were like "Uh, well, there is no GMO wheat on the market". :lol:

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 8, 2014

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
i'm cutting down on gluten, eating healthy, you know, no more gluten, i'm really feeling better and more vibrant like my body is in harmony now

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Would you eat poo poo to calm your troubled stomach/intestines? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_bacteriotherapy

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I only eat food that does not contain any chemicals
*is either lying or dead*

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I was actually diagnosed with IBS. It was also when I was very healthy and sportsing.

It's never really caused me many problems though and I don't bitch about it. Every few months I have to drink magnesium citrate then I'm good to go. Been this way for over 10 years

suck on that

(I also dont know what a gluten even is)

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I only eat food that had to suffer between it's origin and my plate.

I rage a lot about the "organic" craze because the misuse of the word really bugs me. Coal is organic, Poop is organic, loving hell it's all organic except for your loving latex sex-suit. Why can't they just be specific and say "Pesticide free" or "Free range" or "Locally grown". That would actually entice me to buy the product rather than dismiss it for snake-oil bullshit.

1gnoirents posted:

(I also dont know what a gluten even is)

quote:

Gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a protein composite found in wheat and related grains, including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, helping it rise and keep its shape and often gives the final product a chewy texture. Gluten is used in cosmetics, hair products, and other dermatological preparations.

IT'S loving DOUGH PEOPLE. YOUR MOUNTAIN DEW IS GLUTEN FREE.

Ben Smash fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 8, 2014

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Ben Smash posted:

I only eat food that had to suffer between it's origin and my plate.

I rage a lot about the "organic" craze because the misuse of the word really bugs me. Coal is organic, Poop is organic, loving hell it's all organic except for your loving latex sex-suit. Why can't they just be specific and say "Pesticide free" or "Free range" or "Locally grown". That would actually entice me to buy the product rather than dismiss it for snake-oil bullshit.

IT'S loving DOUGH PEOPLE. YOUR MOUNTAIN DEW IS GLUTEN FREE.

But I bought my sex suit at D&W :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Ben Smash posted:

#club; #bagswag :hfive:

• Locked thread