Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Pron on VHS posted:

After sitting at the final table in WSOP I don't think $500 on a game fazes him much

Wrong guy. You're thinking of JaySB.

Edit: I'm on the Seahawks for -5.5

Viper_3000 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Viper_3000 posted:

Wrong guy. You're thinking of JaySB.

Edit: I'm on the Seahawks for -5.5

I feel like it's pretty rare that we make the same picks. Tonight we win together.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Yep wrong guy. I played in a smaller event in the WSOP in 2006 but only lasted 5 hours. I am the guy who has the thread about pool hustling and I took all my gambling winnings and bought a car dealership and finance company. All the money I bet on sports booking is from winning it at poker tables.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

jase1 posted:

Yep wrong guy. I played in a smaller event in the WSOP in 2006 but only lasted 5 hours. I am the guy who has the thread about pool hustling and I took all my gambling winnings and bought a car dealership and finance company. All the money I bet on sports booking is from winning it at poker tables.

Cool story. Congrats on the car dealership and finance company! You should cross sell some of my Online Driver Improvement and Teen Drivers ed courses. I work for the largest online driving school in the country and run the affiliate network. PM me if you'd like to take a look at it. It's 40% commission and no costs. Anyways I digress!

I hope you stick around. I'd really like to get this thread popping with lots of gamblers. Don't forget the megathread in the regular SAS for all other sports bets!

What's everyone's thoughts on the over/under tonight? I'm leaning under but am super unsure so will probably stay away from it.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

thompson posted:

What's everyone's thoughts on the over/under tonight? I'm leaning under but am super unsure so will probably stay away from it.

I think the under is a decent bet but I'm staying away because I'm still super salty about missing a huge Seahawks/under parlay in the super bowl because it was such a blowout

I hate the line but I'm on Seahawks -5.5 as well just to get some action going tonight

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I almost always take the over if I bet those and I usually lose but if Green Bay covers or wins this game I feel like it will be an over.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Ah the gambling thread, I've waited so long for this season to start and get back on the horse after taking a bath on the Super Bowl.

To start things off tonight, I have no bet. :geno: Will unleash on Sunday, but I don't like anything for tonight's game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Got Packers +6 and UTSA +7 tonight

Also might drop a few bucks into a Bovada account so I can access their sweet sweet live betting. If you haven't done this, you are missing out

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Packers +6 for my first NFL play of the year. Good luck goons.

Ty1990, kindly disregard my question. I just found a local. :)

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
3u Pack +5
4u Pack +5.5

I made the first one a couple days ago and then today at work I couldn't help myself

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Starting this thing off slow.

Seahawks -6 1u

NFL YTD 0-0 (0u)

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
loving UTSA game ending got me excited for nothing lol.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

looking back and seeing I only had 3u on the hawks is really disappointing when i thought i bet a lot more

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

thompson posted:

I feel like it's pretty rare that we make the same picks. Tonight we win together.

Cashing tickets!

I also took the over. Then I wound up not watching any of the game because I'm getting my house ready to list tomorrow and I hate everything about how insanely clean your house has to be to show properly.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Viper_3000 posted:

Cashing tickets!

I also took the over. Then I wound up not watching any of the game because I'm getting my house ready to list tomorrow and I hate everything about how insanely clean your house has to be to show properly.

15-14 YTD on football. Going to put college picks on here when I make them. Just putting the record in here so I don't have to go back and look on my betbud spreadsheet.

43-46-5 Baseball. 6-5 Soccer.

Somehow with that I'm up 15 units on the year. Good BRMM I guess and some lucky high unit confidence bets.

NCAA:
Navy -3 4U
Boston College/Pitt Under 49 4U
South Carolina -16.5 4U

NFL:
Carolina +1 4U
Kansas City -4 2U
Minnesota +4 4U
New England -5 2U
New Orleans -3 2.5U

Going to grab Nevada +4 around kickoff. We'll see what it's at but 76% of public money is on WSU and I feel like going contrarian on that game.

thompson fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 5, 2014

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Demented Guy posted:

Packers +6 for my first NFL play of the year. Good luck goons.

Ty1990, kindly disregard my question. I just found a local. :)

Was just about to get back to you. I'm about 30 minutes from Philly and my guy is from upstate NY (Buffalo area) and I met him through a friend after my bovada debacle. I bet through a website and he keeps track of my tally that way. I've never even met the guy but he's rock solid with payouts. We do it monthly, whoever owes the other money just sends the money via UPS. Usually if it's a hundred bucks either way we just roll it over. He has a ton of out of town clients he does the same thing with. Good to see your hooked up though.

Sort of a rough first week for me. Went 3-4. Here's how I'll be losing money this weekend:

Toledo +4.5 hosting Missouri
USC +3 visiting Stanford
BYU -1 visiting Texas
Tennessee +3.5 visiting Kansas City
New Orleans -3 visiting Atlanta

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
lol at everyone taking packers +6 last night... That was SEA -6 all day. I'm hating myself for only laying $40 on SEA..

What you guys got for Sunday?

I'm thinking CAR(-2)over TB. NE(-5) over MIA. NO(-3) over ATL.

It's the first week of the season so big spreads scare me and I like the small favorites.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

A Man and his dog posted:

lol at everyone taking packers +6 last night... That was SEA -6 all day. I'm hating myself for only laying $40 on SEA..

What you guys got for Sunday?

I'm thinking CAR(-2)over TB. NE(-5) over MIA. NO(-3) over ATL.

It's the first week of the season so big spreads scare me and I like the small favorites.

We're in the same boat. I should have bet the farm on Seattle...but it was week 1 and better to air on the side of caution as opposed to dumping the roll and whatever deposit bonus you received.

I'm on board with all of those picks. They mirror three of mine, except for you're getting a 1 point enhancement on that Panthers game. I was sure the line would move the other way. Oops.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

thompson posted:

15-14 YTD on football. Going to put college picks on here when I make them. Just putting the record in here so I don't have to go back and look on my betbud spreadsheet.

43-46-5 Baseball. 6-5 Soccer.

Somehow with that I'm up 15 units on the year. Good BRMM I guess and some lucky high unit confidence bets.

NCAA:
Navy -3 4U
Boston College/Pitt Under 49 4U
South Carolina -16.5 4U
Nevada/Washington State Under 67.5 3U

NFL:
Carolina +1 4U
Kansas City -4 2U
Minnesota +4 4U
New England -5 2U
New Orleans -3 2.5U

Going to grab Nevada +4 around kickoff. We'll see what it's at but 76% of public money is on WSU and I feel like going contrarian on that game.

Added the under in the WSU game and that will be it for tonight. Was going to wait for +4 due to volumes, but 70% of public money on the over means I'm just going to bet with Vegas here. Games like these get broken imo because they're poo poo teams on national tv on a Friday in Vegas. Abnormal volume = donks. No way the line moves from 64 to 67.5 any other way imo. Going with Vegas.

Side note, getting a new phone for my birthday today and was wondering if anyone knows if betbud (the android app I use) will transfer data and the app. I've exported all my data to google docs, but i'm hoping that I can keep my history in there.

thompson fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 5, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Someone tell me why Patriots -4.5 @ Dolphins isn't free money?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Can someone tell me that website that breaks down teams overall performance in graphs?!?! I think its like $30 to join or something. Anyways, thanks if you know the site.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

Hell, the line shifted to -3.5 on 5Dimes. I really didn't want to overbet week 1 but that's probably too good to pass up.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Can someone tell me that website that breaks down teams overall performance in graphs?!?! I think its like $30 to join or something. Anyways, thanks if you know the site.

Accuscore? A lot more than $30.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Its Miller Time posted:

tease that poo poo with the bears line

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is it profootball outsiders or some poo poo?!?!

The graph was green / red for every teams Offensive Pass / Rush offense and every teams Defensive Pass / Rush / Special teams....

supercrooky
Sep 12, 2006

Its Miller Time posted:

Vegas wasn't built on giving away free money. There is plenty of money on the other side of that bet, and it doesn't look like its coming from recreational bettor types. Enough to move the line in the opposite direction.

Home underdogs are historically undervalued. It's going to be 90 and humid on Sunday.

Miami was a decent team last year despite a horrific O-line, this year the line will be significantly better. If Ryan Tannehill doesn't spend half the season on his back, he has the potential to be a solid QB (like he showed last year, beating the Patriots in Miami in week 15).

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
6u Pitt

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

#1 rule of gambling thread is that you can't retroactively shame people for a bet unless you actually posted about betting the other side before hand.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Just got my first backdoor beat of the season. .5 point over winner for vegas on that bc game on an irrelevant td with 50 seconds left. I now know football season has begun.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

lol for only putting $40 on a bet that's "all day" I guess

hindsight posting is fun let's do this some more

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

thompson posted:

Added the under in the WSU game and that will be it for tonight. Was going to wait for +4 due to volumes, but 70% of public money on the over means I'm just going to bet with Vegas here. Games like these get broken imo because they're poo poo teams on national tv on a Friday in Vegas. Abnormal volume = donks. No way the line moves from 64 to 67.5 any other way imo. Going with Vegas.

Side note, getting a new phone for my birthday today and was wondering if anyone knows if betbud (the android app I use) will transfer data and the app. I've exported all my data to google docs, but i'm hoping that I can keep my history in there.

Kstate -11.5
Penn state -13.5 2.5 u each

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Its Miller Time posted:

well you see because Mike Wallace and Knowshon Mohahahaha nah it's free money

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Vandy +20

The most improvement you'll see in college football is between week 1 and 2. I think this spread is a bit much even with Vandy's horrible outing last week.

ECU +15

ECU runs the same offense that A&M does, and I'm not that confident that SC can adjust. Small play here but I think there's a shot.

USC+3

No analysis, just a gut feeling here.

NFL

Chiefs -3.5
KC/TEN Over 43
Vikings +4
Carolina +1
CAR/TB Over 39
Pats -3.5

Teaser:
Bears -2.5
Pats -0.5

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I got Stanford -3 today

Also placed this juicy, improbable teaser

edit: and VT +11.5

Pron on VHS fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 6, 2014

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Viper_3000 posted:

Teaser:
Bears -2.5
Pats -0.5

This is a solid teaser, though I opted for the 7 points so I've got Bears -.5 and Pats +3.5.

I like your other picks too, can't make much sense of the line on the Vikings game though. Anybody have thoughts on that one? Seems it should be much closer to a pick. I guess it can be chalked up to the Rams being at home and Hill being a solid backup, but I like Zimmer a lot and think he'll do good things in Minnesota. Looking back at last year, they had a pretty tough schedule and good lord were their games high scoring.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

This is a solid teaser, though I opted for the 7 points so I've got Bears -.5 and Pats +3.5.

I like your other picks too, can't make much sense of the line on the Vikings game though. Anybody have thoughts on that one? Seems it should be much closer to a pick. I guess it can be chalked up to the Rams being at home and Hill being a solid backup, but I like Zimmer a lot and think he'll do good things in Minnesota. Looking back at last year, they had a pretty tough schedule and good lord were their games high scoring.

I think it should be a pick too which is why I took Minnesota +4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets -5.5

3 Team Teaser +140 (+6.5 points)
Niners +2
Pats +1.5
Chargers +9.5

My standard For Fun bets are $20 per.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

$500 on Ohio State -10.5

I know Ohio State was shaky last week but a night game at the Horseshoe with 100k going crazy should help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.
2 team parlay 1U:
Pats -5
Bears -7

Vikings ML 1U

4 team parlay 2U:
Bears ML
Vikings ML