Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
With the state of online sports gambling in US, any recommendation on what book to use to ensure the safety of my money? Football season is back and I'm planning to drop a few quid to an online account. It looks like the options are dwindling down for US players so I'm looking for recommendations. If only I could find a local bookie like I did with the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Can you share your bookie contact with me? I'd rather go with a bookie that has a weekly cutoff than depositing money in some offshore book that may shut down operations anytime soon and take my money with them. I just need a bookie for football (college and NFL).

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Packers +6 for my first NFL play of the year. Good luck goons.

Ty1990, kindly disregard my question. I just found a local. :)

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

2-3 so far with my various baseball, FIBA and NFL bets. 0-1 in NFL.

Titans +3.5
Buccaneers -3
Serbia +4 (FIBA)

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

This Tampa Bay offense :argh:

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

4-4 overall. 1-2 in the NFL

Cleveland Indians -1/pk
Detroit Lions -6.5

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

I never learn and still bet on baseball.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Yes sir! I needed that.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

5-5 overall. 2-2 in the NFL. -0.25 units overall.

Houston Astros pk/+1
Lithuania -6 (FIBA)

All bets are 1 unit each.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

7-5 overall. +1.6 units

Red Sox +1
Serbia +2 (FIBA)

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

8-6 and +1.55 units overall.

St. Louis Cardinals pk
Ravens -2.5

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Thank you Ravens. I should really stop betting baseball starting tomorrow.

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 12, 2014

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

9-7 overall. 3-2 in the NFL. +1.5 units

Chicago Sky +7 (WNBA)
Serbia -3 (FIBA)

I don't watch the WNBA so that play is only based on my research.

For the Serbia play, I'm riding them until the wheels fall off. France just gave everything they got to beat the host team. Serbia is severely underrated because they don't have well-known NBA players.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Wow. That game. Serbia had a very comfortable lead entering the fourth and then Nic Batum went nuts. Wow. If that last second heave by Batum went in, I would have lost my mind.

With that said, the Serbian money train continues to roll on.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

11-7 and +3.35 units overall.

Lithuania -3 (FIBA)

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

3-2 in NFL and 11-8 overall (+2.375 units).

I got the following for today:
Bengals -5.5
Vikings +4.5
Raiders +3

- The Falcons on the road against a team with a formidable defense is a recipe for disaster. They torched the Saints's D last week but the Bengals are a different animal. This has blowout written all over it.

- The Vikings were originally three-point underdogs before the AP news came out. In my opinion besides quarterbacks, there's no player worth more than a point especially if the adjustment occurred right around a key number. This line actually shot up to 6 after the news came out and has now been bet down to 4.5. I still like it because I think the Vikings win this one straight up. Dating back to last season, the Patriots are actually just 2-6 on the road in their last 8 road games.

- A team with Ryan loving Fitzpatrick as their starting QB laying 3 on the road? Wow. The Raiders looked really bad last week but further dissecting the game will reveal that Carr missed a lot of open guys downfield. The game plan was good, they just need to execute better. With that being Carr's first NFL game (on the road no less), I expect a better performance today in front of the home crowd. Houston should not be laying points on the road because they haven't proven anything yet.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Mike Nugent just missed 3 FG attempts in a half. Wow.

And the Vikings... ugh.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Two fumbles in one possession. gently caress the Raiders.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

I flipped my bet from the Bears to the Vikings. Dumb decision.

Congrats to all the Bears backers. What a comeback.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

4-4 in the NFL and 12-10 overall. +1.35 units

Eagles +3

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Atta boy Sproles. The Eagles got lucky with two bad penalty calls but I'll take it.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

5-4 in the NFL and 13-10 overall. +2.28 units

Buccaneers +6

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Wow Tampa Bay. Wow. I wasted 700 bucks on your lovely rear end

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Ehud posted:

Just took Bama -6.5 for the third quarter. Florida won't be as lucky in the second half.

Congrats. That was so close.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

5-5 in the NFL and 13-11 overall. +1.3 units

Cowboys -1
Eagles -5.5
Seahawks -4.5

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

The Cowboys man. Wow

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Demented Guy posted:

The Cowboys man. Wow

Still applicable

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

The Eagles defense is a dumpster fire.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Adding Steelers +3. Teams tend to play much better with a 10-day rest after a horrible loss.

Edit: God drat Seattle

edit2: That OT game-winning drive is a thing of beauty.

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 22, 2014

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

16-12 overall and 8-6 in the NFL. +3.1 units

Jets -2.5

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

gently caress Geno Smith. So many trips in the red zone that just ended in FGs. Wasted the effort of the Jets' defense.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Taking another stab on baseball

Atlanta Braves ML

16-13 overall. +2.13 units

edit: 16-14 (+1.15 units)

Demented Guy fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 24, 2014

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Redskins -3.5 for tonight.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

I'm loving stupid

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Wow he's on fire again. I remember two years when he went 70+% for the entire season and never had a losing week for 13 or so straight weeks. It's tough to do since he's forcing himself to pick five games every week. Pretty impressive.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

I don't like anything in tonight's NFL game so instead I'm trying my luck again in MLB where I'm currently 2-6. That is capped by that horrible A's meltdown in the wild card game. Give me the Orioles ML for 900 bucks. I'm basically breaking even for the year so it could have been worse.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

gently caress yeah Orioles!

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Tigers ML for 900

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Wow Tigers. Way to pull out Sanchez early and give the loving ball to Joba. Why? Why? Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

Syracuse +1 because I'm a drat degenerate for 900

• Locked thread