Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

literally just drunk drove home, oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i got a dui in 07 passed out in my back seat but :laws:

Best part was, in Minnesota they kept saying "get a DUI and you're hosed on insurance!"

Was paying American Family 120/m then, switched to Progressive after AmFam was like, "yeaaa, now its 320/m" down to 80. With the DUI.

Paid $125 for my license back, but learned it's not worth it and now i just buy enough booze to get loaded and stay home, especially with how bad WA is on DUIs

Dubious fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 9, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so let me get this straight, i cant drink and drive but if i want to drink i have to drive

what the gently caress obama

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my gf's dad got in loving poo poo because he was sleeping being drunk off in his car, no keys in the ignition. officer said if you're going to be drunk in the car you need to keep your keys outside of the vehicle. well loving golly gee officer that sounds like a good way to get your loving car stolen you mongoloid

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Woke up at home, another night through and reasonably safe

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

satanic splash-back posted:

Woke up at home, another night through and reasonably safe

After all the cab fare you're saving you'll totally break even if you do get that DWI. And if you never get caught you'll be way ahead!

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
Drunk driving laws are largely just feel-good bullshit as a result of organizations like MADD. Oh and also they are huge revenue generators for the state (if you're able to pay the fines) or huge taxpayer burdens (if you're too poor to pay the fines).

Drunk driving laws are loving horseshit.

/never had a DUI

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
Like im gonna leave my car at a bar overnight. Boozin' and cruisin' baby

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Last weekend at my friends wedding me and another friend were drunk driving golf carts at a country club

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I got a dwi last week

I'm not sure I was over the limit, but I won't know for 3-8 months. I was in one of the worst jails in the country for the day, and was originally pulled over for "10% over" speeding. I failed the eye test for nystagmus, which turns out I actually have as a condition. Regardless, I may or may not be over 0.08% (it was right on the line math wise and nobody can guess) yet I'm already out $4000 in one week.

Life is good. I won't be driving a car after any sort of alcohol ever again in my life, that's for sure.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Gaunab posted:

Last weekend at my friends wedding me and another friend were drunk driving golf carts at a country club

I do that three times a week playing golf and then drive home, so gj I guess

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
It's those unwritten rules that get you every time.

Drink water stay in shape be healthy gently caress like a panther.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

satanic splash-back posted:

Lets talk about drunk driving here

I'll update with more info when I hit another red light

protip op don't hit the lights

Android11x
Jan 6, 2011

beep nnst boop nnst
please drink and drive responsibly

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
ok so where exactly do you draw the line?

can you drunk drive a motorcycle?
a bike?
a horse?
other equines (ponies, donkeys whatnot)
skateboard?
rollerblades?
those 1950 style skates that roller derby girls use
roller derby girls? (cause face it half of them you could literally ride home)

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

metasynthetic posted:

ok so where exactly do you draw the line?

can you drunk drive a motorcycle? no
a bike? no
a horse? yes
other equines (ponies, donkeys whatnot) yes
skateboard? no
rollerblades? no
those 1950 style skates that roller derby girls use no
roller derby girls? (cause face it half of them you could literally ride home) ...possibly

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

I got a dwi last week

I'm not sure I was over the limit, but I won't know for 3-8 months. I was in one of the worst jails in the country for the day, and was originally pulled over for "10% over" speeding. I failed the eye test for nystagmus, which turns out I actually have as a condition. Regardless, I may or may not be over 0.08% (it was right on the line math wise and nobody can guess) yet I'm already out $4000 in one week.

Life is good. I won't be driving a car after any sort of alcohol ever again in my life, that's for sure.

Get a lawyer since he eye test is bunk anyway. If you have a condition then you'll get off. Always go for refusal and get blood test done from now on

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

metasynthetic posted:

I got a parking ticket this morning cause I left my car at a bar downtown last night cause I got a cab instead of dirving it home

That ticket is 30 bucks, i mean gently caress am i made out of MONEY here?!

Next time fuckers better be all like, you know, be open minded about one way streets, maybe its a two way tonight? Hell yeah opposite day two is the opposite of one.

that sucks where I live it's legal to park overnight at bars to help prevent DUI

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
In my job (police Custody) I encounter Drunk Drivers,Thieves and Rapist's.......Drunk Driver's are always the biggest arsehole's!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gaz2k21 posted:

In my job (police Custody) I encounter Drunk Drivers,Thieves and Rapist's.......Drunk Driver's are always the biggest arsehole's!

Hmmmm no the cops are the biggest assholes.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab

Chinatown posted:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Chinatown posted:

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
I got a DUI and now I can't get into Canada for 10 years.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Selim Sivad posted:

I got a DUI and now I can't get into Canada for 10 years.

did you a favor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

SaltLick posted:

Get a lawyer since he eye test is bunk anyway. If you have a condition then you'll get off. Always go for refusal and get blood test done from now on

Got one, no breathalyzer, blood tested. If it passes, I'm still out 4.2 grand though. :supaburn:

• Locked thread