Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Life is a mystery.

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I have had tons of health problems in my life that are not heart related. I've gone to emergency rooms with chest pain and difficulty breathing before, but after racking up many thousands in medical bills and being told nothing was wrong with me, I realized these were most likely just panic attacks. I currently take valium (5mg) daily, and it helps me tremendously with panic attacks. I haven't had one in a while.

One of the problems that I've had is that honestly, I have too many health complaints to settle in one setting with a physician. Imagine me going into a doctor's office and telling him that I have panic attacks, stomach problems, my chest hurts at times, my abdomen always feels like there is "pressure", I have weird sensations that go all over my arms at times, my hands and feet go tingly and numb randomly, especially when any pressure is put on it, such as putting my arm around my girlfriend, I experience "tics" and muscle spasms, etc. There are also physically observable symptoms. I have two lumps in my left lymph nodes (scanned, doctors weren't concerned) and a new, hard, subcutaneous lump just under my right earlobe on my neck (scanned, separate occasion, doctors weren't concerned). It's quite honestly too much, so I just treat problems as they become too bothersome to "just roll with."

Recently I had a thumb problem where one of my thumbs was sprained, and the doctor took my blood pressure. 155/93. Then 2 days later, I came in again. 147/90. He took it two more times. I was completely, 100% relaxed (I had taken a valium earlier in the day, so there is no way that it is caused by nervousness, as I wasn't nervous at all). Both times, systolic was in high 140s and diastolic was in the low 90s. The doctor wants to put me on blood pressure medicine, although he is giving me a month to bring it down. I'm starting a daily exercise regiment to do this.

The good news is, he did a blood test. The results of it showed perfectly normal everything except WBC, which was 3.9 (normal is 4.0). I've always had slightly lowered WBCs. My triglycerides are very low (45), my LDL is 112, but balanced out by my high HDL of 82. This makes my total cholesterol 194, which the doctor tells me is good, especially given my high HDL. The only other thing I can see on my chemistry panel that is close to abnormal is potassium, which is at high 5.0 (the cutoff for normal is 5.1). The doctor did not remark about this though, so I assume everything is ok there. Blood sugar was fine, kidney function seems fine, liver enzymes were all at great levels.

So doctors of somethingawful dot com... you see all the problems I have. I have a tough family history and am working with a lot of medical issues. Every time I go to a doctor, I think they are overwhelmed by how many problems I have and how many "chief complaints" I have, and I feel like I just have to basically focus on one of them.

To be honest, I feel like my body is breaking down. I am extremely anxious, suffer from so many symptoms that I listed earlier, lose feeling in my hands and feet, constantly have burning in my chest every day (heartburn like, but I am on 40mg protonix AND take tums), get weird sensations often, suffer from fleeting pains all over my body, but mainly in my back and stomach, get dizzy randomly, my heart rate drops below 60 BPM often during symptoms, and I just don't know what to do anymore. Do I just let this progress until something serious pops up and doctors take me seriously? I feel like that's what's finally happening now, given my high blood pressure, but I feel like high blood pressure is just part of a large number of things happening to me that constantly make me feel not well.

Please help and give advice.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Xaris posted:

I have had tons of health problems in my life that are not heart related. I've gone to emergency rooms with chest pain and difficulty breathing before, but after racking up many thousands in medical bills and being told nothing was wrong with me, I realized these were most likely just panic attacks. I currently take valium (5mg) daily, and it helps me tremendously with panic attacks. I haven't had one in a while.

One of the problems that I've had is that honestly, I have too many health complaints to settle in one setting with a physician. Imagine me going into a doctor's office and telling him that I have panic attacks, stomach problems, my chest hurts at times, my abdomen always feels like there is "pressure", I have weird sensations that go all over my arms at times, my hands and feet go tingly and numb randomly, especially when any pressure is put on it, such as putting my arm around my girlfriend, I experience "tics" and muscle spasms, etc. There are also physically observable symptoms. I have two lumps in my left lymph nodes (scanned, doctors weren't concerned) and a new, hard, subcutaneous lump just under my right earlobe on my neck (scanned, separate occasion, doctors weren't concerned). It's quite honestly too much, so I just treat problems as they become too bothersome to "just roll with."

Recently I had a thumb problem where one of my thumbs was sprained, and the doctor took my blood pressure. 155/93. Then 2 days later, I came in again. 147/90. He took it two more times. I was completely, 100% relaxed (I had taken a valium earlier in the day, so there is no way that it is caused by nervousness, as I wasn't nervous at all). Both times, systolic was in high 140s and diastolic was in the low 90s. The doctor wants to put me on blood pressure medicine, although he is giving me a month to bring it down. I'm starting a daily exercise regiment to do this.

The good news is, he did a blood test. The results of it showed perfectly normal everything except WBC, which was 3.9 (normal is 4.0). I've always had slightly lowered WBCs. My triglycerides are very low (45), my LDL is 112, but balanced out by my high HDL of 82. This makes my total cholesterol 194, which the doctor tells me is good, especially given my high HDL. The only other thing I can see on my chemistry panel that is close to abnormal is potassium, which is at high 5.0 (the cutoff for normal is 5.1). The doctor did not remark about this though, so I assume everything is ok there. Blood sugar was fine, kidney function seems fine, liver enzymes were all at great levels.

So doctors of somethingawful dot com... you see all the problems I have. I have a tough family history and am working with a lot of medical issues. Every time I go to a doctor, I think they are overwhelmed by how many problems I have and how many "chief complaints" I have, and I feel like I just have to basically focus on one of them.

To be honest, I feel like my body is breaking down. I am extremely anxious, suffer from so many symptoms that I listed earlier, lose feeling in my hands and feet, constantly have burning in my chest every day (heartburn like, but I am on 40mg protonix AND take tums), get weird sensations often, suffer from fleeting pains all over my body, but mainly in my back and stomach, get dizzy randomly, my heart rate drops below 60 BPM often during symptoms, and I just don't know what to do anymore. Do I just let this progress until something serious pops up and doctors take me seriously? I feel like that's what's finally happening now, given my high blood pressure, but I feel like high blood pressure is just part of a large number of things happening to me that constantly make me feel not well.

i haven't been to the doctors in 25 years and i am healthy, my advice is to not be you.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
when i drink a lot of beers it's bubbly - almost frothy. my guess it's b/c beers are bubbly and frothy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

Yeah but whats your THAC0?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rapman the Cook posted:

Yeah but whats your THAC0?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Doctors can't find anything wrong.

"Going to start daily exercise routine"

Diagnosis made. Where do I send the bill

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
foam is caused from gas entering the bladder. you are literally farting out of your dick

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

goons my doctor did some tests and then came back in the room and said "the test results show..... ur gay" and then he showed me the chart and it was just "dis guy so gay" written by every doctor i ever went to

any ideas doctor goons?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure its protein. You are doing something that is loving with your liver, lay off the drugs and alcohol. It could also be perfectly normal.

some article on it hope this helps.

edit: apparently that article doesn't mention the liver. I thought high amounts of drinking or drugs could cause protein in the urine but I could be wrong.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 9, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Xaris posted:

I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
i pee. sometimes its yellow and sometimes its clear nothing else.

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
Sugar.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Over There posted:

i pee. sometimes its yellow and sometimes its clear nothing else.

If you have yellow urine you should see a doctor, something is very very wrong it shouldn't be that color.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
If it is infrequent don't worry too much about it. If it is all the time have your doctor run a screen for protein in the urine. It could be a sign of kidney disease. Don't ask me for a kidney.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

goons my doctor did some tests and then came back in the room and said "the test results show..... ur gay" and then he showed me the chart and it was just "dis guy so gay" written by every doctor i ever went to

any ideas doctor goons?

i like this post v much

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I pee and poop

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I have a cloaca

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

THS posted:

I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody. Maybe the honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming, stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction, one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

This, but unironically

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

any ideas doctor goons?

dunno, maybe suck a dude's cock, see how it feels? :shrug:

naem
May 29, 2011

Yeah, I agree. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

pixaal posted:

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure its protein.

Lay off the sex and masturbation. See if it stops bubbling up.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

naem posted:

Yeah, I agree. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

But do you drink your own piss?

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan

Xaris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIegpSmIyw

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

naem posted:

Stray cat only diet

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
fat in your diet

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

pixaal posted:

If you have yellow urine you should see a doctor, something is very very wrong it shouldn't be that color.
or you ate asparagus

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
If it bubbles, you have ebola. If not, you're fine.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I thought it was just from peeing fast! (gotta go fast)

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009
It's probably semen mixing with urine. I noticed a load of froth in the toilet after my teenage son used it (he had flushed but the water was foamy) and asked my sister in law who's a doctor whether it was something to worry about and she said that it could be a sign of problems but given his age it could also be semen. He went to the doctor just in case but they didn't find anything wrong.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I pee fairly slowly, and it rarely makes lots of bubbles in the toilet. My doctor said that this is likely from an enlarged prostate, which is reasonably common in a man my age. (Much less common in women my age.) The doctor said it might be caused by swelling due to an organic problem, like cancer, or from heavy use. He asked how often I have orgasms, and I said I averaged 4-5 times per week for the last 40 years.

He said that the swelling would go down if I came less often, and perhaps should give it a rest for 3 weeks or a month. So I have to choose, fewer orgasms or weaker pee stream.

Looks like I'll be dribbling...

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

pixaal posted:

or you're taking a supplement with B vitamins in it

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I have peed out of a boner. some say it's impossible but I've woken up with a morning wood hard on and peed

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I spent two weeks peeing bright orange and two more fluorescent yellow. But that's cuz I had a UTI and the new doctor was giving me a gently caress ton of antibiotics.

Peeing orange is funny.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
bubbly pee means you have an opportunity to be not gay for just four hours so make the most of it OP before you turn back into gay mode

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure its protein...

Yeah this is the answer. You are normal -> too much protein. My guess is you eat too much meat.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

THS posted:

p. sure we were created try again next time buddy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

generally it means you're pissing too much protein away, probably from swallowing all that sperm

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
it depends on the amount of soap I've eaten before taking a piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Xaris posted:

Eat less. Work out more. Do those two things for about 10 years, report back.

• Locked thread